what percentage of games do u win roughly??

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

what percentage of games do you win with youre dark elves

0-10 %
7%
11-20 %
2%
21-30 %
1%
31-40 %
9%
41-50 %
9%
51-60 %
10%
61-70 %
18%
71-80 %
17%
81-90 %
10%
91-100 %
17%

Total votes: 121

Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

about 90 %

Bye
Lord Thalack
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

About 95%+ the one army that causes me concern is Skaven. The only opponent I haven't beaten convincingly.
Dragnipur
Cold One Knight

>sigh<

Post by Dragnipur »

I can be glad if i win 40% of my games...

Do you people play mostly big or small games? And what do you think is harder? The 2000+ games or the 2000- ones?
Khaela Mensha Khaine
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

95%. Only lost 2 games so far.

I started playing with 1500 pts, then moved on to 2000 pts and 2500 pts.

I think it's harder to play with fewer points. And it's stupid to play games at 500 points or below, because they are completely random.

Bye
Thanee
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

60%ish. There's only one good player in my group, and i beat him about 40% of the time. The others need tactics. Really, it's pathetic.

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

As for game size, I prefer 2000 - 3000. Gives me more units, so if my COK fail the charge and get slaughtered, I haven't lost; there's the other unit just there! Plus it lets me field a level 4 sorceress without thnking "Will this restrfict my units to much?".

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Around 40%. I just don't know how to hadle horde armies since I play mostly Dark Rider army (sometimes some knights). And defensive armies give me some problem too but not as much as hordes.
Shockwave
Highborn

Post by Shockwave »

I've won just over 80% but i've not played that many and beside's i'm mainly a 40k player :oops: I've lost to empire but that's cos
1, didn't know about detechments and why you don't charge the parent unit
2, he's very good a firing that motar he love's so much
but really there's just no really good talent when it comes to playing fanasty where i live it's all 40k
I'd rather lose a closely fought game then have it all sown up in a couple of turns.

Strangely, been here longer than most of the Admin staff.......
Daorsainn
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Daorsainn »

I really have no clue what percentage of games I win. Out of the three people I play most two of them have a tendency to lose focus of the objective, tending towards trying to wipe out my army. After all is said and done they're celebrating how many of my guys they killed until I point out that I captured the objective. The third guy always gives me a good game, dice allowing, and it often turns into a grudge match. I wonder if it's coincidental that he plays high elves?

Aside from that I hate playing at my local store. I have gotten some of my friends at school to start playing, but I'm not ready to count my victories over them as such yet. Maybe after they have a few months down. Anyway, based on that I'd say ~60-70%.
Whether you serve me in life or through death does not matter, you will serve me.
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

Mi ratio has dropped as of late from 90% to 70% because somehow I've managed to draw 3 of the last 4 battles; I hope to recover soon, though. In my last battle I massacred the HE opponent (he conceded after 3rd turn) :).
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Oeric
Master Assassin

Post by Oeric »

thanks guys, i didnt know i would get so much of a reply, keep posting, cos its really fun to see how other people do compared to me. I win about 70 % of games but hope to increase that, i can beat everyone at my school but at my gw i lose badly (most of the time, but with some draws and minor wins to me). Still, i can beat orcs and gobbos ( 3 2d6 hit s5 fanatics is killer aginst toughness 3 5+ armor save units!!!)
Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Heh, I play a couple of different armies, so...

With DE (which is what I assume the question refers to) I am about 35-45%, probably closer to 35%. My biggest problem is that one of my regular opponents plays Lizzies and Chaos, another plays chaos and Skaven, and another plays HE and Brettonians (although pretty much always HE now, until Brettonian Book Comes out). I have problems against the high toughness Lizzies, and one of the chaos players plays mostly mortal (warriors and knights-grr!)

<sigh>

However, with my VAmpire Counts, I am about 80%-mostly because I just make more units and flank, force frenzied units into bad positions, etc. Heh, besides, one of the players' main tactic with any of his armies is to just move forward and hope to attack as much as possible. <sigh> oh well.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

about 80%, depends on de opponent, the luck im having with the dices and what i ate before the battle...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Aralone
Warrior

Post by Aralone »

about 60 to 70 percent, depending who im playing. :lol:
MAY OUR ENEMIES KNOW THE TURE MEANING OF FEAR !!
Andyp
Trainee Warrior

Post by Andyp »

I've no idea exactly what my win/loss ratio with my DE is, I would guess it's around 50%.

It all depends upon who you are playing against of course, as well as the attitude you are taking into the game (ie is it a trial of a crazy concept list, am i designing a no-fat killer list etc).

Or are we talking about proper (over 50 players) tournament games?

Andy P
Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

I'm about about the 80% range, it would be a lot higher, but when I started, I lost many many many a game to Lizardmen. Even now, every game versus them is close.
Witch Elves still suck ;).
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

I have this horrilbe tendancy to draw the vast majority of my games. I have like a 60% Draw ratio, doesn't matter who I play. I like to think its the fact we have a nice balanced local group here, with only a few weak links, and the makes for a nice log jam at the top for best general.
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Discounting my learning phase of a couple games, I would say my win ratio is really high. Probably about 90-95%. I play mostly with my friends however, and don't see a wide variety of competition. We have some new people coming in however. mmmmmm.....Fresh meat.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Captain kouran
Executioner

Post by Captain kouran »

Probably about 94%. It does annoy my brother and my friends, up to the point where my brother once said that there was no point him playing because I was gonna win anyway. Also my friend has resorted to a type of cheating involving moving his guys when noone is looking, or measuring them from the front of the unit to the back when moving. :evil: and yet he still loses!!! and I'm not even that lucky. Games usaully involve me with bad luck to begin, and then about one turn good in the middle, in which I crush my opponent

My games are usaully about 1000-1500pts
You can only hate an animate object (especially ones with pointy ears, long white robes and tendencies to recite poetry when you least expect it)
Lud von pipper
Beastmaster

Post by Lud von pipper »

50%: all Massacres, either way :shock:
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Dark Alliance wrote:About 95%+ the one army that causes me concern is Skaven. The only opponent I haven't beaten convincingly.

And against orcs and goblins. Especially the arrer boyz. ;)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Kiwi
Beastmaster

Post by Kiwi »

I've lost only once, against the wife, I threw the match, but I still count it as a loss.
Falcon 9
Trainee Warrior

Post by Falcon 9 »

I win about 65% of the time, although, the only people I've lost against
are people with 10 years of experience! Those loses were close too! :D
Ixombie
Noble

Post by Ixombie »

Hmm... I have played 4 games, lost 1, drawn 1, and won 2......
so I'd have to say exactly 50% :)
What can change the nature of a man?