Stupid Cold One Banner

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Stupid Cold One Banner

Post by Langmann »

My bloody orcs get a banner that prevents animosity once per game for 10 points.

Why don't we get one that works once per game for the supid cold ones? I like the dark elf list in some ways but this particular thing seems kinda wrong. I don't think it would be that unbalancing.

Anyway I know this has been brought up. I don't know why I am ranting to the converted.

Something I have always wondered is why the dark elves weren't given giant spiders to ride? They would be fast, high initiative, able to surmount obstacles, have poison attacks instead of S4? Oh well I like cold ones also for all thier STUPID moves, but one wonders if the dark elfs aren't supid for not figuring a way around stupidity at least for a short while...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ezeraal
Corsair

Post by Ezeraal »

There was one in 5th edition i believe.

However, when you produce a banner that is applicable to one unit only (unlike the orc banner, which can apply to many different units), it becomes something of a no-brainer in army selection (oh look, a dark elf army, and there is the unit of cold ones with the banner preventing stupidity, never seen that before). A bit like the Bretonain Errantry Banner.

A modification of some sort would be nice, but not a magic banner in my opinion.
The darkness is here and you will fall...
Dragnipur
Cold One Knight

Post by Dragnipur »

something like a beastmaster on a cold one curing the unit he is in from stupidity?
Khaela Mensha Khaine
Sinaath
Shade

Post by Sinaath »

there could be some kind of upgrade for single CO beast (and rule for noble's/highborn's cold-one) as a herdleader - others beasts follows him
that kind of upgrade for +10/15 pts would be great (and also could solve the problem with COC => +20/25 for both CO beasts)
"It's not the east or the west side...
It's not the north or the south side...
It's a DARK Side"
Nialion
Warrior

Post by Nialion »

I do not like the banner idea it is as said a nobrainer and it sort of reduces the weaknes they are suposed to have. But if you do give the beastmaster an ability to help out with stupidity it would be more of a difficult choise and still more characterfull.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

sinaath wrote:there could be some kind of upgrade for single CO beast (and rule for noble's/highborn's cold-one) as a herdleader - others beasts follows him
that kind of upgrade for +10/15 pts would be great (and also could solve the problem with COC => +20/25 for both CO beasts)

Agree with you all about banner, it becomes a NO BRAINER, but then again too much of our stuff is no brainers , ie: gauntlet! The magic equipment definately needs to be tweaked a little, more variety of useful things.

Like the idea of the herd leader, once again its a NO BRAINER of course, but at least the banner only works once, so you may suffer stupidity again.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."