Who here likes to gamble?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Who here likes to gamble?

Post by Langmann »

Sometimes I do this. It has worked once but it sure was neat. I give the assasin the killing blow option. Then when I challenge his heroes, any sixes I roll to wound and he dies immediately (unless warded damnit)... its humourous how it can be so tragic. :shock:

Ever taken a unit of executioners and attacked his uber unit with character, target the character and hope for this? :?:

One thing I wonder is why the assasin cannot scout and thus hide in shades? He is supposed to be the master of disguise right? You'd think he could sneak up on something. :roll:

Also what the heck is his move 6 useful for? Usually I put him in a unit (if I even use him), but perhaps what I should do is put him back a bit and use him as a separate unit to charge in... then he can overrun the whole damn 20 orcs (insert troop type here) killing them all... Perhaps I should get him to run along behind the hydra at least he can keep up. !lol!

This is the kind of thing that makes me realize that the army book came out too quick. BUT I still like most of it, no flaming, please!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dragnipur
Cold One Knight

Post by Dragnipur »

Agree with you no the assasin hiding in scouts. But alas, it is not so. I always give him killing blow anyway. Don't like hiim to kill rank-and-files. That is no challenge. And you'd be surprised how often you get "lucky sixes"...
Khaela Mensha Khaine
|seraphon|
Beastmaster

Post by |seraphon| »

i usually give him add handweapon, Sowrd of Striking, Rune of Khaine
This really works. S5 A5, 2 bad he is dead very easily and costs so much points. I never use him actually. I only did tweice.

But they look cool :lol:
Legionz
Warrior

Post by Legionz »

Sulephet wrote:i usually give him add handweapon, Sowrd of Striking, Rune of Khaine
This really works. S5 A5, 2 bad he is dead very easily and costs so much points. I never use him actually. I only did tweice.

But they look cool :lol:

he cannot have 2 hand weapons and a magic sword
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

An assassin is an individual character right? And characters can join skirmishers yeh? (page 115 of the rule book) see where I'm going (he says very tongue in cheek)

Alright I know, he can move along with them but not with hidden status. Still if your opponent was a bit dumb, he might just think he was another shade hmmmmmm ;)
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Dark Alliance wrote:An assassin is an individual character right? And characters can join skirmishers yeh? (page 115 of the rule book) see where I'm going (he says very tongue in cheek)

Alright I know, he can move along with them but not with hidden status. Still if your opponent was a bit dumb, he might just think he was another shade hmmmmmm ;)

I like where you are going with that! !lol!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I only gamble, if my chances to win are better than my chances to lose... if that counts! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Shockwave
Highborn

Post by Shockwave »

Sometimes what i do is plonk him near a unit but not in it. if they ask what he is i say assassin, totally mess's with them, kind of like a big dare saying here's my assassin dare you to bring any of your charcters near him, most of the time they don't. It ends up effects their battle plan and if you do it right you can force him where you want him. What if he doesn't? charge with him! 4 attacks and killing blow can do some damage.
I'd rather lose a closely fought game then have it all sown up in a couple of turns.

Strangely, been here longer than most of the Admin staff.......
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Shockwave wrote:Sometimes what i do is plonk him near a unit but not in it. if they ask what he is i say assassin, totally mess's with them, kind of like a big dare saying here's my assassin dare you to bring any of your charcters near him, most of the time they don't. It ends up effects their battle plan and if you do it right you can force him where you want him. What if he doesn't? charge with him! 4 attacks and killing blow can do some damage.

Nice very nice!
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Post by Adreal_the_immaculate »

Shockwave wrote:Sometimes what i do is plonk him near a unit but not in it. if they ask what he is i say assassin, totally mess's with them, kind of like a big dare saying here's my assassin dare you to bring any of your charcters near him, most of the time they don't. It ends up effects their battle plan and if you do it right you can force him where you want him. What if he doesn't? charge with him! 4 attacks and killing blow can do some damage.

i like the way you think :D
its not the lies that you say, but what the silence will scream