Is there anyone who uses Morathi as his/her GENERAL?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Drannach

Is there anyone who uses Morathi as his/her GENERAL?

Post by Drannach »

I do; she rocks! :P
Are there more players who like Morathi?
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

I used to use her all the time, and as you say she rocks. That is until the people playing you realise she cannot hide next to cav models and can always be targeted if in LOS, due to being on a Maonster base, then she just dies. (The 4+ Ward is good, but not against lots of attacks and the Dark Pegasus dies even quicker!)
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I've used her a couple of times and she is nice, but nowadays I just use the model as a high sorceress on dark pegasus

Bye
Lord Thalack
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Thaleck,

don't you find that your sorceress takes an un proportinate amount of magic/missile fire?

At least with Morathi, she has a 4+ ward, but an ordinary Sorceress cannot get better than a 5+ ward. And she's far too amny points to be used as magic/missile target practice. (what 310 minimum?)
The other option is to hide her away, but then Dark Magic is pretty useless without LOS to your target. (apart from soul stealer & Dominion that is.)

Like I said, I love the idea of using a sorceress on a Dark Pegasi, but in practicle terms, I have found it doesn't tend to work.
The Word of Pain

Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I don't find that she attracts a lot of magic/missile fire. Most of the time my opponents shoot at other units. And with soulstealer she has 6 wounds in no time.
Normally I give her tome of furion and crown of black iron. With the dark pegasus this will make her 360pts.
It works for me and as long as that will remain the same I'll just keep using her.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Newdisease
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Newdisease »

Oh, on the subject can Morathi be used in a Cityguard list, I'm just wondering because I have a second Lord in my 3k City Guard list :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .
Don't shoot the messanger they all say, but he'll be the one sitting idly while the whole world goes to hell!
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

A nice trick, if you want to protect her, is to use a unit of 5 Ogres (same base size)!

Bye
Thanee
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I use her as a sorceror, put her on a steed and place in dr unit. Cheaper, plus I like the model.

Otherwise everyone targets her, easy points.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

NewDisease wrote:Oh, on the subject can Morathi be used in a Cityguard list, I'm just wondering because I have a second Lord in my 3k City Guard list :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

I'd asume so.
Khori
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khori »

Thanee wrote:A nice trick, if you want to protect her, is to use a unit of 5 Ogres (same base size)!

Bye
Thanee

Huh, I never thought of that. Brilliant idea (expensive both in $ and points, but brilliant). :twisted:
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

No, You can't use Morathi in a cityguard list, because you are limited to a max of 1 level 2 sorcerss. Not good!
The Word of Pain

Ryanthegreat
Trainee Warrior

Eh...

Post by Ryanthegreat »

Whatever happened to:
"She [Morathi] must be used exactly as presented here[.]" (Dark Elf Army Book, 52)

Eh? Everyone just forget about that? Or was there a rule change???
Long live Malekith, the Witch-King!
~RyantheGreat
Mordehel
Dark Rider

Post by Mordehel »

Well, that rule doesn't prevent you from using the model as a basic sorc, or high sorc now does it?

;)

(ie Those who mentioned placing the model of different mounts, with different equipment etc are not using the model as "Morathi".)
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

yep, I just use the model as a high sorceress.

Lord Thalack
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Renufus wrote:
Thanee wrote:A nice trick, if you want to protect her, is to use a unit of 5 Ogres (same base size)!

Huh, I never thought of that. Brilliant idea (expensive both in $ and points, but brilliant). :twisted:

Except for Morathi (but it works with any other Pegasus, too), there is nothing expensive there (point-wise). Ogres have a very good value for their point cost!

Sidenote: I've seen the Dragon Rune Ogres at the weekend (on a large games fair here in germany). Too bad, I didn't have enough money with me to get those, they are awesome models.

Bye
Thanee
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

i always use Morathi
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

@Seanzala,

We have this rule about digging up old topics. We call it Necromancy, and its frowned upon. I'd suggest a quick glance at the rules of the forum again, then a bit more careful thought before posting.
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…