About the Other Druchii Spec. Characters

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

About the Other Druchii Spec. Characters

Post by Vorchild »

I just wanted to know if anyone has used the additional DE special characters from the GW website. If so how are they? Hellebron looks like an incredible wrecking machine with a potential 6 attacks (5 at S10) and then a manticore on top of that. The extra pts for hags and assassins also looks neat. Hags with 5 attacks with manbane or black lotus are intimidating. Rakarth, however, doesn't look so great with his hand weapon and two wounds. Opinions wanted!
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

have only used shadowblade. hellebron looks cool, but i havent got a manticore, so...
i agree with u about the others
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

I haven't used any special characters yet... but I really wanna try out Tularis. I'm sorry, but using Killing Blow against an opponents Dragon or Giant would just be too cool... "Oops, oh well, looks like I killed your [insert huge monster here] in one blow." "But you can;t do that the rules state --" "He can. Sorry. 300 points of rmy side..." :twisted:
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Dgoflo
Slave (off the Altar)

well

Post by Dgoflo »

i've found kouran to be a devasting character in battles where you can afford the black gaurd.. hits 5 attacks usually on a 2 plus.. & the entire unit including gets to re-roll all their misses.. that can quite often equal 10 automatic hits at strength 4..

plus, with Kouran you get +1 to terrain roles, side of the board roles, and placing first roles..
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I once used Kouran AND Tullaris in the same game against an unbeaten Beastmen army in our club.

The guy had a big unit of Minataurs and 10 Dragon ogres. Until the Minataurs met Kouran & the Black Guard, and the Dragon Ogres met Tullaris and his executioners. The greatest / funniest part was Tullaris when he rolled 6s! That particular combat was won , the Dragon ogres fled rolling 3! and wer run down by 7 rxb who were in the same combat!

The look on his face was excellent. Needless to say we won :twisted:

i also used Rakarth once against an undivided Chaos army and he was pants! Got himself way killed very easily. The whip is rubbish. Give me a regular Lord on a dragon anyday.

The one I really want to try out is Shadowblade, and maybe Hellebron, - in the same army!! MWAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I've only used malektih and morathi so far

Bye
Lord Thalack
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

I haven't even played one special Character up to this date...
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
The millenium hand
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by The millenium hand »

My friend used Hellebron against me in a massive battle...She was very good she killed almost double her points, but then my Vamp Lord ate her (admittedly not in combat, but who's counting :roll:)
And thus was I named The Millenium Hand, Lord of Hands
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

I haven't used any yet. I have been tempted to use Kouran and Shadowblade though.

Sortelveren, how did Shadowblade work out when you used him?
Hate is my weapon.