No
78%
This is a pretty stupid question...
No votes

Total votes: 18

Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

He'll get butched as soon as he meats someone with a magic weapn and armour, but he munches through regiments that don't contain any characters (or so I've heard).
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I've used him a couple of times and he is great in taking out units on his own. But he should only be used in larger battles where you can have another sorceress to dispel the magic that will be directed against him, cause he can be killed by just a magic missile.

Bye
Lord Thalack
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

don't own the model. and after my chaos dragon collapsed under it's weight i wont get more dragons! the metal itself bent! grr useless model
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Used him once. A HE prince with a "null stone" riding an eagle flew within 6". The null stone makes all magic items within 6" useless. He then unleashed 4 repeater bolt throwers at 6 shots each. Malekith died on turn 1 and the dragon took enough damage to flee off the table. I lost 975 points of my 3000 point army before he had a chance to do anything. I haven't tried him since........but it's a good looking model(that collects dust). Just another DE thing Gav had to tinker with and change(his magic items aren't the same or have same effect that they did in 5th ed)
If you run, you'll just die tired
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I used him once against the Empire, where he pretty much slaughtered them. Was hit by a cannonball once, but it only did one wound to the Dragon (too bad, it didn't hit him ;)).

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Draichlord wrote:Used him once. A HE prince with a "null stone" riding an eagle flew within 6". The null stone makes all magic items within 6" useless. He then unleashed 4 repeater bolt throwers at 6 shots each. Malekith died on turn 1 and the dragon took enough damage to flee off the table. I lost 975 points of my 3000 point army before he had a chance to do anything. I haven't tried him since........but it's a good looking model(that collects dust). Just another DE thing Gav had to tinker with and change(his magic items aren't the same or have same effect that they did in 5th ed)

Heh. I must applaud the creativity the High Elf player displayed here, tho. That was just mean! :D

Bye
Thanee
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Linda wrote:don't own the model. and after my chaos dragon collapsed under it's weight i wont get more dragons! the metal itself bent! grr useless model

Malekith's dragon is mostly made from plastic

Bye
Lord Thalack
Shadowblade503
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shadowblade503 »

i know my dragon keeps on falling too so i put a rock i found on driveway on its platform to suport it just in case you wany to try it :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stupidity should be punished, so kill a high elf today!!!
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

I noticed that in the fluff malekith has something called the 'circlet of iron', anyone know what it does?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I voted no simply because I don't own him. If I did then I think I would use him in every battle when I know I won't face to much magic. Some thing that should be fixed on him are IMO: him choosing if he destroys weapon or armour (then he can't be killed by anyone he charges... even Archaon), giving armour of midnight dispel on 4+ like 5th ed Spellshield and giving him ability to choose spells (after all he had over 5000 ears to learn dark magic... and he isn't any better than high sorceress...)
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Nah, don't make him choosing his spells - that would make him to much like his mother (Perhaps you have to be 7,000+ years to know how to do that?)

How about a 2+ ward vs non magic, and a 4+ vs magic.

And the circlet of iron could work like two power stones?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Sureal wrote:that would make him to much like his mother (Perhaps you have to be 7,000+ years to know how to do that?)

Then how it is that Balthazar Gelt has all metal spells and Teclis has all High spells? (and I'm sure that special orc shaman has all big waaagh spells too) Since it is thread about Malekith I didn't posted that Morathi should have all Dark magic spells. That would make her more powerful than Malekith when it comes to magic.

Sureal wrote:How about a 2+ ward vs non magic, and a 4+ vs magic.

That would be nice but I'd rather give him magic resistance 2/3.
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

magic resistance would be better since he isnt 7000+ years old ;)
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

he is :D to be more precise if we take date in Empire army book as present then he's around 7398 years old :)
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

hmmm...damn...well...then give him the bloody ward save... :?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Dalamar wrote:
Sureal wrote:that would make him to much like his mother (Perhaps you have to be 7,000+ years to know how to do that?)

Then how it is that Balthazar Gelt has all metal spells and Teclis has all High spells? (and I'm sure that special orc shaman has all big waaagh spells too) Since it is thread about Malekith I didn't posted that Morathi should have all Dark magic spells. That would make her more powerful than Malekith when it comes to magic.

They do? That isn't right, give morathi all the dark magic spells and allow Malekith to chose then! Much better!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Tell that GW.
Could anyone post what date is present in empire army book? I may have made a mistake in Malekith age but I counted that long time ago and well... could do something wrong :oops: . But now I almost have it and only need present date :lol:
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Whats the date? No, note the day - the year! Yes, yes - of coarse.
*Mops brow with wet flanel.*
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

This is my take on Malekith and Morathi (from my post in the Petitions forum):

Malekith - Points: 975 -> 1000

Counts as one Lord choice and two Hero choices.

Destroyer (errata) - You can choose which item to destroy (weapon or armour)! Your opponent does not have to tell you the exact items among which you can choose, but has to tell you the general types (i.e. weapon, armour, shield).

Circlet of Iron - Malekith always wears the Circlet of Iron, which gives him +1 Power dice in each of his own magic phases. Only Malekith may use this extra dice. The Circlet of Iron also grants Malekith Magic Resistance (2).

Morathi

Touch of Chaos - Morathi can opt to use the Lore of Slaanesh instead of Dark Magic, but if she does, she has to randomly generate her spells rather than choosing them.

Bye
Thanee
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

morathi had an afair with teclis's father way before he was born and she was good at magic then and all she has done for the last 7.5 thousand years is sit in a tower and tinker with her magic, and for some reason 7000+ years of just doing magic isn't enough to out-do someone with a couple thousand years less experience(im guessing on some of the times, i don't know when teclis started magic)
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

If I use him, he works great against rnf troops. If I fight another character with him, though I like the idea of disrupting his magic items, I never try it. Prefer rather to try and kill the character outright. Otherwise Malekith usually dies.

I justify it like this:

If Malekith and dragon kill the other character than the magic stuff he may be carrying won't matter anyway cause he's/she's dead.

Rarely use him though, hate special characters, they're usually too much focus. Like rnf troops better than Herohammer. Others may like it however, and each to his own.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."