Rule Question about Fear

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Rule Question about Fear

Post by Langmann »

Ok say my general on cold one is in a unit of warriors. Does an attacking unit need to make a fear test to charge the warriors? (I think so.)

Next, a unit of cok charges a larger unit in the front which is in combat already against some warriors. They fail their panic. From now on even to attack the warriors must they roll 6's? Or can they attack the warriors normally? (I think they need 6's to attack anything that next round.)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

u

Post by Dungeon_god »

First Question: Yes
Second Question-they only need 6s to hit the thing that is causing the fear. They do not fear the warriors. Basically, they are cowering from the COKs, not from the warriors.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I believe that in answer to your first question, yes a fear test is necessary. Liken it to cold one knights charging a unit of 5 skeletons containing a wraith for example.

Secondly, I believe that the unit would hit the coks only on 6's as they are already in combat with the warriors and they don't fear them anyway. :D
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Agreed with both of you. It makes sense that they could still attack the warriors normally.

In the rules it says that they "must roll 6's to score hits in the first turn of close combat."

But it makes more sense to me the way you both say. It did during the game as well. My opponent was actually arguing for me!

DE should take what they can get but I hate to have too much an advantage.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

To be more specific, the charging enemy would only have to take the test if one of their models were to come in contact with the fear causing model. So if you're charging the flank, no test is needed. By the same token, if in a subsequent round of combat the fear causing creature is moved into combat, the enemy does not need to take a test (heat of battle and all that).
As for the second question, it is correct that only the warriors fighting the COKs are affected.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

As already stated yes fear test for 1.
No don't need 6's to hit warriors, just knights, but remember this is only in the first turn of combat, not any subsequent turns.
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."