Humorous occurance for those following my posts...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dilvish
Dark Rider

Humorous occurance for those following my posts...

Post by Dilvish »

Hello all. Although I am only a "Slave Off the Altar," many of you have answered my question posts. Thanks for the help. :) I have been trying to build my army in anticipation of this weekend. Although I have had my Druchii for a good half-year, I have played with them few times. :( This is partly because I feel they are not ready (painted and so on) but also because I have been having trouble with my army composition and troop types. I love fluff, but that has got me burned before. So I asked you guys what you would do about a few problems I had. After being deluged with opposition (both from here and the GW board) to my putting my sorceress on a cold one, I was really in a pickle. Well, knightsaber, being savvy to the ways of the world (or Old World...) finally suggested that I DO mount her because the wife gave her to me as a present. He even wisely suggested that I paint her "really nice." :oops: So I took his advice and sat down last night to paint. With my models and tools spread across the dinner table, I went to work. Looming in the distance was my manticore (that I bought myself!). Unfortunately, I didn't have the foggiest idea what I was going to do with it. Everyone says how terrible the mounted beastmaster is in combat. They recommend a highborn (which is a model that I do not own at the moment). Aargh! Anyway, I was touching up my Dark Riders with black (I know, how appropriate...) when my cheery wife came into the room to ask me a question about Thanksgiving dinner (yes, she is planning already!). She saw me painting my "little men" and sat down. She complimented me on the gold color I chose for a bit. She asked about the model she gave me (sorceress on cold one-not yet mounted). She started playing with the figure by having it walk seductively in front of my corsair unit. Then while she was having the corsair champion (who she described as "good-looking") try to "pick up" the sorceress, she noticed my manticore. She said, "wow!" and looked it over. She asked what it was. I answered her and showed her the beastmaster (who was not yet assembled). She inspected the hero and said, "yuck! He's ugly!" I rolled my eyes :roll: and went back to painting. She then proceeded to play with ALL of my models! After awhile, she exclaimed, "I know! I bet you haven't thought of this before!" She picked up my sorceress and put her on top of the "big kitty." She said, "she fits! She is much prettier than that ugly guy, too." I was stunned. :shock: Of course, I had considered using a high sorceress before. But I was leery of anything that might get me into the "dog house." The last thing I wanted was her hackles up because I had not appreciated her gift. So she asked me if I "could" mount the "girl." She said, "isn't that better?" All I could say was "thanks" as I realized that my 'sorceress-cold one-manticore' evil triangle problem solved itself. Now I have a high sorceress on a manticore, for good or ill. I have no worries or uncertainties about the big game tomorrow. When I am finished I will give you guys a Battle Report (in the appropriate forum, of course). So ends my little story. Thanks for reading. :D
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

lol :lol:
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Hehe, thanks for the story! Cheered me right up.

A couple of not quite related notes: try using paragraphs, makes reading posts a lot easier. And a beastmaster on manticore is actually a solid choice, although by all means do your conversion, it'll look great!

Cheers,
-Metallurgist
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Nice story man!

Oh and ehrm.. first advantage of your Sorceress on the lil' kitty?

People have to pass a leadership test when they want to charge her... if they fail they'll even run away! :lol:
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

very funny story...thanks for sharing it with us
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

you could go with the flow and paint the manticore pink! anyway, that worked out nicely, if only she said that she would look good on the horsey :D
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

hehe good story :lol:
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

I feel it is my duty to say - LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Dinosaurs, horseys, cats and a flying horsey - ah, the wonders of Naggaroth!
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

Lol that's a cool story

Sureal wrote:I feel it is my duty to say - LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Dinosaurs, horseys, cats and a flying horsey - ah, the wonders of Naggaroth!

If you want a horse there's none better than Binky :roll:
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Please don't put scary images in my mind !eek! !
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

This is some funny stuff ! !lol!

Glad you solved your problem, I read the post before about your sorceress-manticore-cold one troubles.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Elvenknight
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

Post by Elvenknight »

Decheran wrote:you could go with the flow and paint the manticore pink!

That would be too High Elvish :D

Great story. Oh and BTW I don't think I'd call a Manticore a "big kitty" :D
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie!" untill you can find a big stick.

The Album is here for all your army photos - Album Moderator
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

:D :D :D

Really, that's cute! :)

Bye
Thanee
Whaledawg
Corsair

Post by Whaledawg »

What the f#*k are u ppl talking about? That story sucked!!!!!
It was about as funny as watching skin flake off old ppl.

I WANT MY FIFTEEN SECONDS OF LIFE THAT I WASTED ON THIS POST BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't do that, but I can remove the 5 seconds worth of crap you posted here, but I will not even do that, I'll leave it here as a reminder for you to keep your posts a little more civil, ok?

Bye
Thanee
Felson's Law:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Way ta go, Thanee!

As for the Sorceress on Manticore thing, I'm going to be serious for a sec. ( :shock: Jeez, start planning a ski trip to hell and watch out for flying pigs on the way there!)

I find that perhaps people are overlooking one nice thing about a Beastmaster. For 245 (249 if you want a second hand weapon) you can have a lovely combat monster and an extra couple of attacks with it. It costs two hero choices, true, but you can use Manticores in place of Hydrae. They have similar stats and can fly! Well worth it. Plus, if the Beastmaster on top is killed, the Manticore doesn't have to take any Monster Reaction tests.

Don't dismiss the Beastmaster on Manticore idea too quickly. If you are playing a 3000+ point battle, take it as a sort-of Hydra. It does take a couple of character choices, but it frees up a Rare choice (so you can have more RBTs - always a bonus). It's only 25-29 points extra. For 5 S5 attacks from a flier, you can't really beat that price.
Goodbye.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

A Beastmaster on Manticore is 230 points only, why 245?

And the Manticore has only 4 S5 attacks, plus the 2 S3 attacks from the Beastmaster!

Anyways, the Beastmaster on Manticore is a very useful unit, which I often field, but in 2000 points games, the Manticore is best used as a Highborn mount, that's right.

Bye
Thanee
Whaledawg
Corsair

Post by Whaledawg »

U put that back Thanee!!!!!!!!!!!(shaking of fist in oversized black metal gauntlet)

If u want I can elaborate on why this story isnt humorous at all. As to me not begin civil, that's probably bc I'm an a$$hole. They go hand in hand.

Now put my post back b4 I have to hire shadowblade to convince u( I have the model, and the
will to use him)
Felson's Law:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Oh, stop yer moaning - we don't want to start a flame war (besides - your post is still there...kind of.).
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

whaledawg wrote:If u want I can elaborate on why this story isnt humorous at all.

That's your opinion and noone can take it away from you, but there is a difference in having an opinion, voicing an opinion and writing stuff like you did. I'm sure you are smart enough to spot the fine difference, so I do not need to elaborate further.

Now put my post back b4 I have to hire shadowblade to convince u (I have the model, and the will to use him).

I'm trembling in fear! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

Thanee to the rescue again, *in ssouthern woman's voice* He's my hero...
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Thanee wrote:A Beastmaster on Manticore is 230 points only, why 245?

The Beastmaster is 55 points (59 with a second hand weapon), and the Manticore is 190 points. 190 + 55 = 245. Or did I get something wrong? I took the points values from memory.

Thanee wrote:And the Manticore has only 4 S5 attacks, plus the 2 S3 attacks from the Beastmaster!

Oops, my bad. :oops:
Goodbye.
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Post by Adreal_the_immaculate »

lol funny story, paragraphs wolud be good and.......please don't get your wife involved in the game..........you know that would be BAD :evil:
its not the lies that you say, but what the silence will scream
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

ElvenKnight wrote:
Decheran wrote:you could go with the flow and paint the manticore pink!

That would be too High Elvish :D

Great story. Oh and BTW I don't think I'd call a Manticore a "big kitty" :D

Nice post, I liked it, my significant other has the same fascination with my "army". Whaledawg, there are "a$$holes" and "mature a$$holes". Other than in the physician sense, I have never met a mature A$$hole. :cry:

You know speaking of kittys, as soon as I got my manticore painted I set it up on the dish cabinet. My cat saw it, purred, jumped up on the cabinet and proceeded to press his wet nose against the manticore's nose! Until it fell over...

My painting isn't that good, but I think my cat thinks its a big kitty too.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

sneaky wrote:
Thanee wrote:A Beastmaster on Manticore is 230 points only, why 245?

The Beastmaster is 55 points (59 with a second hand weapon), and the Manticore is 190 points. 190 + 55 = 245. Or did I get something wrong? I took the points values from memory.

The bestmaster only costs 40 pts

Bye
Lord Thalack
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

langmann wrote:You know speaking of kittys, as soon as I got my manticore painted I set it up on the dish cabinet. My cat saw it, purred, jumped up on the cabinet and proceeded to press his wet nose against the manticore's nose! Until it fell over...

My painting isn't that good, but I think my cat thinks its a big kitty too.

I wonder how a dog would react :D .