What to get next?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tz'arkan
Warrior

What to get next?

Post by Tz'arkan »

i started about a month ago and what next should i get? (20$$-40$$) I have a cold one knight, Noble, 12 warriors, 4 RXB men, hydra, RBT, and a sorcerus(on foot). Maybe more warriors? dark riders? CoKs? All in all I have like below 1k points. I dont know what to give my noble(magic stuff)
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Re: What to get next?

Post by Leithel and odd »

Tz'arkan wrote:sorcerus(on foot)

You know you can get a cream that'll clear that right up. :lol:

Now on the something more serious. Get some more warriors to complete the unit, you'll want at least 20. I would probably increase the RXB unit to around 10 as well. Get at least one more RBT because 2 count as one rare choice. You could use some Dark Riders and some COKs but Iw oudl suggest going for what you want to use the most.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Whaledawg
Corsair

Post by Whaledawg »

I agree that u should fill out your units that u allready have first. and 10 is a good number
for Xbowmen. But after that I would go straight for Dark Riders. They r the most useful
unit we have, especialy in the low point engagements u'll be having for a while. That 100
pts on a RBT will not come in as handy as 5 DR. It may seem like u r wasting your rare choice
but rares are allways expensive and usualy not worth it in smaller battles.

Just my oppion.
Felson's Law:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Re: What to get next?

Post by Langmann »

Leithel wrote:
Tz'arkan wrote:sorcerus(on foot)

You know you can get a cream that'll clear that right up. :lol:

:D :D :lol: :lol:

I'll get it for you...

Anyway get some corsairs, that and DR are the best unit I've bought for 1k games. You've got a nice hard hitting hydra, if you want to get started right away thats what I'd do.

But of course in the long run the other RBT is a must.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Another box of Warriors to complete two units (20 spears, 12 RXB) would be good.

Then you should think about 5 Dark Riders (including 1 command for the Musician), a box of 4 Cold One Knights and a blister of COK command (for full command), and another RBT, as well as either some Shades (2 blisters) or Harpies (3 blisters).

You won't get all that for $20-40, of course, but eventually - with all that - you should be able to build a nice army, probably 1500+ points worth.

Bye
Thanee
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

My views

Post by Eeeeron »

I would recommend getting some more core troops as you already have two rare choices. I would say it's best to get a box of dark elf warriors to expand your units of spearmen and RXBmen then some dark riders including the all important musician.

Eeeeron
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups