AAahg new wood elves preview list.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Hylirion
Executioner

AAahg new wood elves preview list.

Post by Hylirion »

i just downloaded the new wood elves preview list from the GW site. Waywatchers have bs 5 and there champion bs 6 and the WE dont have long range penalty and in short range they have armorpiercing attacks! Some more weird stuff included too :evil:
Nightbringer
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nightbringer »

Where is the list located? Can you post a link to it here for us to view as well?

Thanks
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

Eh? That's been out for about 5 months!
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yep, the list is quite old already and gets a facelifting in the new Annual 2003.

But I absolutely think it's a fine and balanced army mostly. Yes Waywatchers are good, but they are supposed to be the best scouts out there!

The only thing in the list I really do not agree with, is the cost of the Archmage. Way too cheap!

Bye
Thanee
Burner
Warrior

Post by Burner »

Yeah the wood elves are turning out to be a good army to collect, they don't really have any faults and since my friend is a wood elf collecter awaiting the release of the revised book..... I can't wait to play against him with the new rules!!!!!

Burner
He felt intense pleasure as his dagger sank silently into his victims neck and the hot blood flooded out over his hands.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Thanee wrote:Yep, the list is quite old already and gets a facelifting in the new Annual 2003.

But I absolutely think it's a fine and balanced army mostly. Yes Waywatchers are good, but they are supposed to be the best scouts out there!

The only thing in the list I really do not agree with, is the cost of the Archmage. Way too cheap!

Bye
Thanee

WE should be good at missile combat, that I agree with. (I mean wood elves not we as in us of course)

Also agree that Archmage is v cheap.
Last edited by Langmann on Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Our main Wood Elf player thinks, that the new Beastman list has a lot of nice rules, that would be great for the Wood Elves... Oh well... so much for being the army with the best skirmishers out there...

Bye
Thanee
Ezeraal
Corsair

Post by Ezeraal »

Our main Wood Elf player thinks, that the new Beastman list has a lot of nice rules, that would be great for the Wood Elves... Oh well... so much for being the army with the best skirmishers out there...

WHo ever said the WE get the best skirmishers? They still have arguably the best scouts, most accurate archers etc (what i thought they were best known for), and the two combat units they have that do skirmish are both loaded with very nice special rules. They will probably still be the best skirmishing ARMY, but IMO this is different from having the best skirmishing units.

IMO, the beast list is quite well balanced. The ambush rule only works if your general can also ambush (ie only in beast armies), and you can only have the equivalent of half the number of beastmen herds ambushing (hounds and characters don't count). The most annoying thing is it says half, but doesn't say if it rounds up or rounds down. BIG difference!
The darkness is here and you will fall...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Well, half of 1 is 1/2, since you cannot place 1/2 units, this is the same as 0, so it's round down, I suppose! :)

Bye
Thanee
Ezeraal
Corsair

Post by Ezeraal »

:oops: True, i was just surprised they didn't state it explicitly, normally they do. Interesting to see if all beastman generals read it that way though :?
The darkness is here and you will fall...
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

i was wondering why the we horse master gets +1 A and our herald gets +1 bs. wouldnt it fit better the other way around?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

It'd be even better if we got to choose whether they get +1 BS or +1 A, make them more flexible as fast cavalry should be.
Gridion
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Rider Champion?

Post by Gridion »

At 14 points, neither +1A or +1BS is worth the cost...
I am not arrogant,
I just have a poor sense of humility.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Sortelveren wrote:i was wondering why the we horse master gets +1 A and our herald gets +1 bs. wouldnt it fit better the other way around?

Yep, that doesn't make much sense, that the Wood Elf has +1 A!

Maybe they thought (something they should have done more while creating our book ;)), that since he initially does not have a bow, the +1 BS would be useless!

Bye
Thanee
Legionz
Warrior

Post by Legionz »

Thanee wrote:
Sortelveren wrote:i was wondering why the we horse master gets +1 A and our herald gets +1 bs. wouldnt it fit better the other way around?

Yep, that doesn't make much sense, that the Wood Elf has +1 A!

Maybe they thought (something they should have done more while creating our book ;)), that since he initially does not have a bow, the +1 BS would be useless!

Bye
Thanee

but dark riders also don't have standerd x-bows :!:
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

yes, but why not give him one, and why give ours x-bows? since we are the archer-army they should have the bows and we should rather have the +1 A
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Legionz wrote:but dark riders also don't have standerd x-bows :!:

You might want to reread my post again (especially the part in parantheses)... ;)

Bye
Thanee