Dark Elves vs Bretonnia?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Asur slayer
Slave on the Altar

Dark Elves vs Bretonnia?

Post by Asur slayer »

Hey
How do you kill the betonnia? I have read some of the army lists but not found DE vs Bretonnia.
I'v played against them and always loose.. :oops: :(
Do enyone have some good adwice to a good 500pt or 1000pt list?
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

These threads should go in the tactics forum; thje army lists forum is for when you have made an army list and want comments.

To defeat brettonia, you need to be able to beat them on combat resolution, or smash their universal 2+ armour save with 5+ or 6+ ward save. Combat resolution is probably easiest to achieve.
You will need to charge to hae much chance of winning, so you will need to bait enemy knights into charge range. Dark riders are ery good for this, as is a unit of cold one knights with the soul shadows standard. Black guard can take a charge and hold as well, setting up a more reliable hold at the cost of an expesive unit.
If your opponent only uses units of five or six knights, then a unit of spearmen with full command can sometimes win on CR, but you will need to havethem 5 or 6 ranks deep so that they still get full rank bonus in the second round.
Mc nuggets
Warrior

Post by Mc nuggets »

I usually use 2 reapers two units of cold one knights, and a load of croosbowmen. Shoot him up and charge with knights. Works well enough for me, most of the time.
I'm looking for a woman who likes long walks,
and doesn't mind bringing me chips back from them
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Less than half a dozen posts above this, is a big stickied Topic of the Month: Beating Down the Brets. Is it really all that difficult to look before you post?
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=35669
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Limenix
Assassin

Post by Limenix »

Try beating them in theyr own game.CHARGE THEM FIRST.
Lord on Manticore and CoK's with the banner of murder should do the trick.
The Druchii way of the Warrior:

When you must RUN ..... FIGHT!!!
When you must FIGHT .... WOUND!!!
When you must WOUND .... CRIPPLE!!!
When you must CRIPPLE .... KILL!!!
Valortir
Shade

Post by Valortir »

use a lot of fire power becous when they charege u you you mostley don't stand a chance so the best thing you can do is weakin them as much as you can
rhutless and bloodthirsty thats what i am
Gatti
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gatti »

you need to slow them down for your bolt throwers to take a large toll. Reduce them to their normal 8 inch move by placing your dark riders in front of them so they have to charge. When they charge ur DR, flee and regroup next turn. you will outrun him if u place them far enough away, and that way one unit of DR can reduce a heavy cav unit to the speed of infantry. (skirmishers also work, but have a better chance of being overrun.. and are also a waste of a special slot)

Or if you want to avoid one of the units, angle your unit of dark riders so the overrun will force him off the board, taking care of him for 2 turns or more.

basically, if you can eliminate or delay the threat from his knights you just won the battle. Focus on preventing him from using his knights the way he wants to. If you have to go into combat with them, make sure you also charge their rear, and outnumber badly, or just pray for good luck with the dice.