Players in my area?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Merc273
Slave on the Altar

Post by Merc273 »

hi ive been ollecting games workshop er games for almost over a year now and ive yet to play a game.I started with the 40k MAGRAAGE starter and was inthralled by the detail of the miniatures. At 1st i thought fantasy warhammer was stupid and that 40K was the only way to go. But over the summer of 05 i got interested in fantasy warhammer. The 1st army i noticed sadly was not the Druchii but the lizard men after getting there army book and a regiment of skinks and sauras for some reason the dark elves seem like the way to go now. ive already ordered the codex and awaiting its arrival but i dont know were to start this ame is either to expensive or ((supposedly)) stupid by my freinds and i cant find any hobby in my area that play the game anybody have any ideas??

P.S. this is my 1st time posting on a forum so dont get mad if i put this in the wrong spot.
My laughter is the last thing you will hear after i plunge my dagger into your back.
Erloas
Assassin

Post by Erloas »

this probably isn't where the post should go, but thats as issue for the mods not for me.

Welcome to Druchii.net

If you happened to find anyplace that played 40k they would probably know if there were any fantasy players around too. But thats the problem with games like this in smaller areas, I never would have found anyone to play where I grew up. I know the GW site has a list of stores that carry their games and/or host games. Might end up having to go quite a ways to find someplace though.

I would say your best bet is since you already have some lizardmen when you get some druchii you will have to make even lists and lend some friends one army to play with. Once you actually get some of them playing you can probably convert a few to the game.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

P.S. this is my 1st time posting on a forum so dont get mad if i put this in the wrong spot.
this probably isn't where the post should go, but thats as issue for the mods not for me.
Hi Merc273. I'm one of the Moderators here. It's not a big deal that you posted in the wrong place. However, you probably won't get many responses. I suggest that you copy your post and start a new discussion topic in the Non-Druchii Discussion forum. You will get many more responses that way.

As far as Warhammer Fantasy being "stupid" - Tell your friends that the amount of cunning and intelligence required to play Fantasy is ten times what is required to play 40K. The analogy most often used is that 40K is like checkers while Fantasy is like chess. Try this - rope one of your friends into playing fantasy for a few months like erloas suggested. Then go back to 40K. I guarantee that you will see your ability to out-think and out-maneuver your opponents will improve dramatically.

This forum will be immensely helpful if you decide to start collecting and playing Druchii. Dark Elves require a lot of skill, so don't hesitate to ask for help. We'll be glad to coach you along the long, dark path to becoming a competent servant of Malekith.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I've split the three posts to this thread now. It's far easier than posting twice, kala ;)

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Ooooh. A new mod superposwer that I was unawara of. Nifty.

Yeah, Merc. This should help.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.