questions

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Myithrah
Slave on the Altar

questions

Post by Myithrah »

hello, ive been into 40k for the last 6 months and ive finally decided to try fantasy. i got hooked on the dark elves mainly due to their culture. anyways, i got many questions.

1, are the druchii immortal or just long lived?....i get the feeling they must be because malekith has been around for so damn long.

2, do the druchii kill each other as well as their enemies and slaves, or do they have a rule against killing each other?

3, (a bit of a rude one) do the witch elves, due to their 'marriage' to malekith, sleep with him? or is in unable to bed women cause of that burning thing that happened to him?

4, the sacrifices to khaine seem very blood orientated, do the witchelves drink the blood of the sacrificial victims (not like vampires though) or do they just let it spill everywhere?

5, are there high elves who turn to druchii-ness and join the dark elves, and if so are they accepted or killed?

6, final question, from what i read in the army book about morathi, it seems to me that in the last paragraph it infers that morathi and malekith sleep together, did i read this right or am i imagining it.

thanx in advance for anyone who helps me :)
"i'm the shadow, i'm the dark, i'm the nightmare of the sestahrk....." ~ myithrah
Soulreaper
Noble

Post by Soulreaper »

Hello and welcome to the site :)

1. no they are not immortal, none of the elves are, they can however live for a couple thousand years. malekith however is another story as he is not normal.. he is being kept alive by supernatural means.

2. druchii kill each other as soon es they feel it benefits them. there is no rules against it.. it's actually preferred by malekith. "the weak die so the strong can live"

3.the witch elves are actually married to khaine.. not to malekith.. ;)

4. they mainly spill it around everywhere. mostly into the cauldrons of blood. but it wouldn't surprise me if they drank a bit of it.. :P

5. I doubt it. they would probably be killed... but it's a possibility in rare cases I guess...

6. there is an implication yes, but nothing can really be confirmed. but they do at least have a very unnatural relationship to each other, that much we know.
"To some players, luck itself is an art."

Eze'chira's Dark Horde (DE 2000)
W: 5 D: 0 L: 0

list thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42720
pic thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=41890
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

about 6. in last edition they clearly spelled out that morathi and malekith have an incestous sexual relationship... lucky malekith i say...
Soulreaper
Noble

Post by Soulreaper »

oh they did? well I never read the last edition.. apologies for my mistake... :oops:
"To some players, luck itself is an art."

Eze'chira's Dark Horde (DE 2000)
W: 5 D: 0 L: 0

list thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42720
pic thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=41890
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Soulreaper wrote:Hello and welcome to the site :)

2. druchii kill each other as soon es they feel it benefits them. there is no rules against it.. it's actually preferred by malekith. "the weak die so the strong can live"

There are rules against this. For example when Malus kills his father he is banned and given the nickname - kinslayer. In fact his father appears quite surprised by Malus' actions suggesting that such an event is rare.

If indiscriminate killing were allowed in druchii society then the cities would be complete chaos as revenge upon revenge would cause a collapse of the established order.

Druchii can participate in ritualistic duels with other druchii. Druchii will kill other druchii as well, but certainly do their best not to get caught - hence the use of assassins and other subtle means such as poison.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

killing someone is ok if you do it in such a way that no one knows you did. :)
Myithrah
Slave on the Altar

Post by Myithrah »

Soulreaper wrote:3.the witch elves are actually married to khaine.. not to malekith.. ;)

oh, my bad, i only just read the army book and theres just so much info that i guess i got it confused. thanx :)

another question then. whats so different about malekith, how is he kept alive? is it that midnight armour or his mum?
"i'm the shadow, i'm the dark, i'm the nightmare of the sestahrk....." ~ myithrah
Scionuk
Shade

Post by Scionuk »

mu fluffs real bad, but i think its both if i remember correctly!
'I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms.'
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

He ate the black fruit (he lost his soul by doing this) and became immortal if I’m correct.

Morvai
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Myithrah
Slave on the Altar

Post by Myithrah »

the black fruit?