When using your beastmaster, manticore ?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Frankthetank
Beastmaster

When using your beastmaster, manticore ?

Post by Frankthetank »

When using your beastmaster ,manticore how do you equip him ?
I have bin try the lance pluse blood armour but it seem he hit a little bit hard then a unit of dark riders in flanks .
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Since when I use a BM on Manti, I'm usually pretty low on points, I don't often spend the 25pts on extra magic items for the BM, and sometimes use the 25pts allowance to give him the Seal of Ghrond. However, occasionally I'll give him the Blood Armour instead (putting the Seal on my Highborn). Then on top of that, he always has a lance, SDC and light armour (if he's not wearing BA).
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

I think Armour of Darkness is a good one, too.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

You cannot give a Beastmaster Blood Armour, or the Armour of Darkness. As he cannot wear a suit of mundane heavy armour, or carry a mundane shield, he is not allowed to carry a magical counterpart.

I'm partial to the Web of Shadows or the Seal of Ghrond on my Beastmaster on a Manticore with lance, light armour, and sea dragon cloak.
Opera of death
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Owns all the slaves responsible for monsterdoo removal, stables of Karond Kar

Post by Opera of death »

Can a BM do that? I was looking at one for the new army I obtained. The BM doesn't get a mundane shield as an option, so I assumed that he couldn't use a magic one either and the AoD includes a shield.

Of course I know next to nothing about DE yet.
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Close, Sirist. He can take the Blood Armour, because he has access to mundane armour- he can't take the AoD because he doesn't have access to a mundane shield.
Opera of death
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Owns all the slaves responsible for monsterdoo removal, stables of Karond Kar

Post by Opera of death »

A character who can wear armour can wear any magical armour. That's what page 121 of the big rule book seems to say.
Balthamael
Cold One Knight

Post by Balthamael »

A character that is not allowed to carry mundane shields can not be given magical shields either. AoD includes a shield and can therefore not be given to chars that can't carry shields. This is discussed thouroughly in some other thread.
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

Yes, unfortunately one of the best magic armors the druchii have includes a shield thus eliminating any cheap means of augmenting the character's strength (except for the sword of might), and denying the beastmaster a 2+ save (which was probably GW's intent in the first place).

Because, let's face it - who wouldn't spend that 25 points on Armor of Darkness if it was a legal option for a beastmaster.

You might try using the ring of hotek and harassing enemy mages. Just a brainstorm - I haven't used a beastmaster in quite a while.
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari