Dark elves and orcs

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kylgroth
Slave on the Altar

Dark elves and orcs

Post by Kylgroth »

do dark elves use orcs as slaves becuse from what i know of the greenskins is they are extremly mean and resilent to pain I think a whip whould be kind of pointless

"Do dark elves use orcs as slaves? What I know of the greenskins is that they are extremely mean and resilient to pain, so I think a whip would be kind of pointless."

Punctuation is the difference between: "Never, she thought" and "Never she thought". ;) -- Tarbo
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Wrong Thread

We use them as the Book covers of our Books.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kylgroth
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kylgroth »

well actully i read in a book we use orc hide to make saddles for our cold one mounts
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

It's somewhere in the book that we use them as miners and blacksmiths as well, but that may have been an overgeneralizzation of slaves as a whole.

DE pretty much use anything as bait, leather goods, cheep, labor, and the ocational treat for pets.

Chaos Dwarves use them all the time (they bread the Black Orcs origanaly as a more resilient laberor that wouldn't die quite as often in the mines.) no reason why we can't break em.
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

if we can coherse stubborn dwarves to make weapons and mine for us Orc should be no problem.

Orc = brute labour and food for coldones/hydra's/manitcores/seadragons etc etc...
you don't know the power of the darkside
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

I'll move this over to Druchii Discussion because this doesn't seem to be related to the RPG. Ping me if I'm mistaken.

As for the topic, why wouldn't orcs be used as slaves? Sure, they may be resilient but, if we are to take credence of the actual descriptions used, Druchii are sociopathic, oedipal maniacs who take perverted pleasure in torturing others. I'm sure they can devise something more eviliscious than a whip.

If they can housebreak Cold Ones and Hydras, why not a greenskin with comparable astuteness and resilience?
Hawillis
Shade

Post by Hawillis »

Like humans, orcs are a barbaric race, good for manual labour. If they are resistant to whips, well, you should see some of the whips I keep. Humans pride themsselves on the cat o nine, but that really is string in comparison.
If my calcuations are correct, SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERYLASTING FUN
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Hawillis wrote:Like humans, orcs are a barbaric race, good for manual labour. If they are resistant to whips, well, you should see some of the whips I keep. Humans pride themsselves on the cat o nine, but that really is string in comparison.

I guess I'd better avoid further questions on the usage of your whips...

Well, I guess that a really mean, bladed, barbed, steel wire lash would have a rather skin-rending effect on anything, even Orc skin. But as orc skin comes gnarlier, scabbier and thereafter thicker as it olds, I guess that even the most disgusting torturing devices would lose their effect on Orcs in some point.

But there are branding irons, needles and other pieces of pain-inflicting machinery that could pierce Orc skin. Actually, a grater or a cheese slicer would work quite nicely on thick-skinned creatures...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Oh yhea I can just imagine that

New ork slave "we aint worken down no mine! Whaggh!"
Beastmater "Aprentise, bring the chese grater."
New ork slave "Nooo, not da grata, anyfink but da grata"
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Squall
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squall »

If Orcs are not subjected to pain so much, that other methods should be taken into consideration. I mean drugs: ones that would put a greenskin into agony just by a simple touch (imagine a whip then).
Death of a man is a tragedy.
Death of a million is a statistic.
Vogon
Highborn

Post by Vogon »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:Oh yhea I can just imagine that

New ork slave "we aint worken down no mine! Whaggh!"
Beastmater "Aprentise, bring the chese grater."
New ork slave "Nooo, not da grata, anyfink but da grata"

[best spanish inquisition voice] Fetch the Comfy Chair...... [/]

I think that Orcs would be too brutish and stupid for all but the most basic of tasks. Basically somrthing that needs muscle but no brains, like pulling a pough or moving rocks for building.

Cheers

Vogon
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I doubt the DE are using many old slaves. Because of the malnutrition, and gastly working conditions the slaves live in, they don't live long. One of the main reasons why corsairs are so poulare in the DE society is because their ain job first and formost is to replace the dead slaves with new ones.

Big 'Uns and Big Bossess would rather die then surender (which many a Dark Elf Warlord would gladley grant.) As for the others, they probably don't last long anyways to get tough skin. If they did, they could find some use in the arena for them.
Alernas malvae
Slave on the Altar

Post by Alernas malvae »

And what better test for a young warrior than to pit him against a couple whip crazed orcs to see if he can handle his new position as a Noble's bodyguard.
United, we shall bring swift death to all those who appose us.