No dark elf Sorcerer!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Valketh
Trainee Warrior

No dark elf Sorcerer!

Post by Valketh »

I understand that there are not supost to be any male Druchii magic wielder. Because of the whole male sorcerer betraying Maleketh thing, but it would be nice if GW made some kind of renegade sorcerer. For some unknown reason, I do not like the sorcereses(sp?). :? I'm thinking on just converting a "traitor" mage into a Druchii one by using some of that green stuff that GW makes.
"amatures study tactics, professionals study logistics"
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

So what's the question?

I doubt they'll make a 'renegade sorcerer' because it does step on our fluff. I mean, if you were to field one if your army, what would be stopping the BG from strolling over to your Sorcerer and killing him on instinct?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I'd say jst to add it too your army fluff. convert a high/wood elf into a sorcerer and make up a story for him. it could be interesting to hear how he gained enough power/wealth to host an army

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

There are male sorcerers, they are just not state-sanctioned, and thus not part of the 6 convents of Sorceresses. They are regarded with distrust by other Druchii, but definatelydo exist. Perhaps we'll get a male sorcerer model when our new book releases, perhaps Furion of Clar Karond as a special character.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

GW recently released model of elf mage for Mordheim, very nice for outlaw sorcerer (getting it myself soon)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Steve tu
Beastmaster

Post by Steve tu »

I think there is an OOP old sorceror model, I know I have got one...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Re: No dark elf Sorcerer!

Post by Rork »

VALKETH wrote: I'm thinking on just converting a "traitor" mage into a Druchii one by using some of that green stuff that GW makes.

You can make your army any way you want to.

It's your army.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Well it also depends on how they decide to change our fluff too. It may become standard practice to have male sorcerors. Hell we may get access to more blow for the witch elves too. It all depends on if they wanna update our fluff to fit with WAR or not.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Slerac Fellblade wrote:It all depends on if they wanna update our fluff to fit with WAR or not.
So true. Which would entail some fundamental changes for some units...
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

There will be fluff changes, but maybe not the ones you're all hoping for.

~ Nag
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

I'm going to post another topic wich will be avout the mages story in a nutshell. please conttinue to comment, i enjoy hearing your guys opinions.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

i got another fluff idea for a male sorcerer!
He's a DoW sorcerer who left his Dark Elf kingdom for weilding magic. He later gets hired by a Dark Elf raiding party. Insert plot twists, spoon full of back stabbings and a pinch of deceit! Voila! Cake ah'la Dark Elf Sorcerery!

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Sorcerer Fluff(in nutshell)

Post by Valketh »

This is going to be my sorcerers background. This might not work in a real game, but I'm still working on it. He is a elf mage(thinking on high elf). Who is tired of his boring peaceful life. He wants a like of war and constant action. He knows that his superiors would not allow this so he runs away to seek audiance with the Witch King. Maleketh sees that this mage knows alot of secrets about his kin. Knowlege that could lead to their dustruction. So he puts him in comand of a smal army, but he has a retainer, who is a spy from Maleketh who makes sure that this mage does not become too powerful. Well thats it, keep in mind that I didnt spend too much time thinking on it, but I'm going to put alot more thought into it. Its okay if you dont like it.
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

Single sexed magic users seems to be the norm in GW.

Empire - all male wizards
Bretonnia - all female wizards
Dark Elves all female
High Elves all male

Orges all male
Tomb kings all male

So it's only Wood Elves and Vampire counts that have models made of wizards of both sexes.

If you want to make a wizard of a sex that isn't depicted then you can easily convert one, especially from the high elf wizard.
Krupp
Executioner

Post by Krupp »

There is 2 OOP Dark Elf Sorceror models you might be able to find on e-bay or criegslist.
Watch the triple posts, least you incur the wrath of the site Gods.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

It's not the Excelamation marks that's really bothersome, it's the multiple posts. You know there's an edit button that lets you add more text to previous messages, you should try it.

But I like the idea, I'm not sure if Malekith would actually just give him a bunch of troops based on a first impression. Maybe if he proved himself through some heroics. But still good so far

Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

There are 2 models at leat of female wizards for High Elves, one being Alarielle.

As for Ogres, some use the Female Maneater model for a Butcher model
Tomb Kings well, there aren't any Tomb Queens except for a special character ;)
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

VALKETH:

Do not double or in your case triple post, if you have more to say EDIT your post. Failure to comply with our rules can lead to your ability to post being suspended.
Lord_jimmy_
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord_jimmy_ »

I think that because Malekith is "destined" to be killed by magic, and is so wary of sorcerers that he suffers none to live if he knows of them, he would not let a mage command an army...

If it was me I'd torture/extract secrets and then kill the mage...maybe thats just me though...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Male sorcerers are actually as common as female sorceresses... thing is, one is sanctioned by law (sorceresses) the others are outlaws (sorcerers) hunted by constant death sentence.

Just for example, Menghil's brother was a sorcerer before he got killed and skinned alive by Menghil ;)

It even says in our army book that army generals sometimes turn to hire the services of male sorcerers to avoid being indebted to te convents.

Any male magic user in Druchii society is fare game for anyone who can defeat them, that's why I'd say they are rather secretive bunch, most of them probably followers of Slaanesh
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Sorry about the extra posts. :oops: I never knew about the edit button, but I will do better.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Re: Sorcerer Fluff(in nutshell)

Post by Fingol darkwater »

VALKETH wrote:This is going to be my sorcerers background. This might not work in a real game, but I'm still working on it. He is a elf mage(thinking on high elf). Who is tired of his boring peaceful life. He wants a like of war and constant action. He knows that his superiors would not allow this so he runs away to seek audiance with the Witch King. Maleketh sees that this mage knows alot of secrets about his kin. Knowlege that could lead to their dustruction. So he puts him in comand of a smal army, but he has a retainer, who is a spy from Maleketh who makes sure that this mage does not become too powerful. Well thats it, keep in mind that I didnt spend too much time thinking on it, but I'm going to put alot more thought into it. Its okay if you dont like it.

When coming up with fluff for your army, it helps to keep in mind the motivations of the characters they feature. For example; Malekith is paranoid as hell and has ultimate domain over Naggaroth. What's to keep him from killing this mage the instant he introduces himself? It would require almost no effort on Malekith's part whatsoever. As for the mage you're writing about, why did he choose to go to Naggaroth? Why not travel through the old worlde? Or any where else for that matter?

Male sorcerers are actually as common as female sorceresses... thing is, one is sanctioned by law (sorceresses) the others are outlaws (sorcerers) hunted by constant death sentence.

If they are killed on site, how would they be as common? Druchii live in fairly close quarters, I imagine it would be difficult to hide magical talent, especially once you start to develop your skills. Remember; Malekith truly believes that his life will end at the hands of one of these individuals. There is no way in hell he'd allow any of them to live. They're out there, but anyone who employs, harbors, or interacts with them is in serious danger. Sometimes though, it's worth the risk (I can only imagine the type of payment that the convents require for their services :? )
I think that because Malekith is "destined" to be killed by magic, and is so wary of sorcerers that he suffers none to live if he knows of them, he would not let a mage command an army...

He thinks he is destined to be killed by magic. The prophecy might be talking about someone else entirely. Never hurts to have all of your bases covered though. ;)
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Thanks for the comment. After typing that, I stoped for a second to actualy think of a story. I have decided to scatch that idea and will soon be typing out my second story.
Krupp
Executioner

Post by Krupp »

How about a (recent) traitor High elf mage. I don't think Malekith would be so quick to turn away such a powerful ally.
Perhaps the mage has earned his right to live by stealing something valuable from the Tower of Hoeth. Maby hes wise enough not give up all the secrets he knows. Staying alive as long as he stays usefull.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: Sorcerer Fluff(in nutshell)

Post by Dalamar »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:If they are killed on site, how would they be as common? Druchii live in fairly close quarters, I imagine it would be difficult to hide magical talent, especially once you start to develop your skills. Remember; Malekith truly believes that his life will end at the hands of one of these individuals. There is no way in hell he'd allow any of them to live. They're out there, but anyone who employs, harbors, or interacts with them is in serious danger. Sometimes though, it's worth the risk (I can only imagine the type of payment that the convents require for their services :? )

They are hunted just like cult of pleasure is, yet cult thrives, why outlaw sorcerers wouldn't? Druchii might live in close quarters, but they also live *very* secretive lives. And elves don't have some inbuilt magic radars, you can't tell magic user from non-magic user until one starts flinging spells left and right. Only other way is to catch sorcerer while he's studying magic... which he probably does in *very deep* secret.

Krupp wrote:How about a (recent) traitor High elf mage. I don't think Malekith would be so quick to turn away such a powerful ally.
Perhaps the mage has earned his right to live by stealing something valuable from the Tower of Hoeth. Maby hes wise enough not give up all the secrets he knows. Staying alive as long as he stays usefull.

He'd still die as soon as he set foot in Naggaroth... High elves and Dark elves don't mix, no matter how deprived that high elf might've became, he just won't have a chance to prove it. Malekith would take that item from Hoeth, and torture the mage until he let all secrets out, then give him to witches for a nice sacrifice.