New Pics! Horay!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Hi again -
my point is that maybe some english fellow wants to have a day in Nottingham at june 14th....

cheers
CAT
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Sinzaren
The Soulreiver

Post by Sinzaren »

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the looks of the new characters, but to be honest that could just be the way they are painted, I'll hold judgment till I get to see the actual minis in the flesh.
We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devils plain...

http://sinzaren.blogspot.com/
My Blogger Painting Blog - Full of Dark Elf goodness
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

I like the looks of them, they look like they will mix in very well with my 5th edition raptors with 6th edition riders/characters. As long as scale creep isn't too bad, they should mix and match pretty well with 6th edition for conversion purposes as well.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
H3adnotf0und
Dark Rider

Post by H3adnotf0und »

Is that the same tin bra on the sorceress, like the one from the old model? What were they thinking?!?

The Dreadlord looks good though...
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I like the sorceress's model a lot. the Dreadlord looks a bit pathetic to me, as do the cold ones (no more one-ton warbeasts). At least now they can go up to movement 8 without contradicting their looks... Very disappointing... I thought that we would get models up to the standard of the HE models (Talking about that phoenix guard hero in particular. He's just awesomely awesome. I might have to "corrupt" him a bit - a lot actually :D )

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Post by Iraduur nightfrost »

They look way too highelvish to me. Way too straight, no dynamic in the pose. Hell, the dreadlord looks as if he has fallen asleep! And a two handed sword AND a shield? What you see is what you get, alright...

I'm not sure about the sorceress. Could be they tried to put that circlet from the last AB on her.

The COs are great. I love them. Real small T-rex with plated armour, yes!
Behold the might of the witchking!
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

They look way too highelvish to me. Way too straight, no dynamic in the pose.

QFT. The highborn (errr... Dreadlord...) looks like he stole his weapon from some poor high elf he murdered...

HUZZAH!
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

I just hope they have the option to give the mounted dreadlord the same helmet the Dark Elf in the picture above him is wearing. That thing's pretty damned cool!
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I'll propably switch the dreadlord heads. I'm purchasing the models, and seeing if they can be improved.

I am pretty content with them though.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Unfortunatly the rumer thread of doom was right, if I had never seen the three up of the cold one design I would love those new cold one models, as it is I think they are very good, but I find it difficult not to be disapointed. Such models also kill my dreams of a realy destructive unit.

The sorc looks like she has some promise, though the staff seems a little large. But I wouldn't use a sorc on a cold one in any case so it doesn't much matter.

The other rider seems ok, but doesn't make me gasp and leave me speachles. The armour is very Druchii like, nor is the oversized sword.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Survivor
Shade

Post by Survivor »

The staff will have to be converted. Other than that, the Sorceress may well turn out to be a decent model. I think a change of staff could make a big difference.
The other rider? Well, I think if you stuck him on a horse he could make a good Empire Hero.
It is time...
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

ICK!!!!

1) Raptors are back, (they look better than the cows) but they have way too much armor plating on I feel. why does the one have a crown? seriously?

2) the HB/Noble/dreadlord whoever it is looks about as ominous as my 2 year old niece.

3) the sword looks like poo-poo. Was this a serious Druchii model? honestly? just ewww.

I don't mind the sorceress too much, but who in their right minds really ever mounts a Sorc on a CO?????!?!?!?!

the hairbraid thing will get annoying if they over use it.

Sorry but at this point in time, I am extremely disspointed.

the Corsairs are the only models which I would actually WANT to purchase. and unless they get better rules I won't, because I don't even field them atm.

ugh!
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Is it just me or do the heads look nothing druchii on either model? O_o
http://home.comcast.net/~silashand/WFB/ ... ceress.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~silashand/WFB/ ... ord_v2.jpg
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks for the pictures.
Wish they are added to:
7th Ed. Rumor Roundup *Official* (Updated May 14) New Pics!
(More druchii news on home page)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Ruminations on the presented pictures:

Top knots: I count 3 top knotted corsairs, 1 top knotted Dread Lord foot and 1 top knotted Sorceress. If this is the latest hair fashion in Naggaroth I am quite disappointed. Seriously, leave top knots to Chaos Space Marines and Slaanesh champions. It may look good on the odd model among others but it looks like it is overdone here. (Why not a bald Dark Elf for a change?)
Minor point: Looks like the Corsair regiment does not contain parts for female models. It's really a shame, I would have appreciated at least one or two female heads (+ torsos) for some conversions or diversity.

Armour style: I spot these funny-looking skulls on the mounted Dread Lord and some of the Corsairs' breastplates. Not to mention the skull-ridden foot lord. "Funny-looking" as in "that is so 1983". I dislike the cartoony skull icon and think it is a step backwards. Likewise, the pointy helmet on one of the corsairs with the even higher forehead guard (or whatever it is called) reminds me of old Dark Elf miniatures. I liked the more tight-fitting helmets of the Warriors and metal Corsairs much better and would have liked to have a similar range of helmets for the new plastic corsairs included. The mask-ey half-helmets are strange but might work somehow. It jst gives the feeling that Corsairs are really proud of their long hair and like to showcase it a lot by not wearing proper helmets. Meh.
Thirdly, looking at the new Dread Lords and the Corsairs I miss the articulate breast plates of the old Warriors and Corsairs. Their harnesses look really massive and not that elegant - it makes especially the torsos of the Corsairs really bulky. The old design had a way more Elven feeling in my opinion.
Additional point: I think the metal corset including metal bikini on the mounted Sorceress looks a bit over the top. Too much armour for an Elven sorceress... heck, for any sorceror apart from Chaos.

Cold Ones: Or, after seeing the two heroes, rather, "Horned Ones". The new models are certainly better than the old battle cows, I love how they include proper saddles and armour - but I do miss the mass a little. They look like raptors and less like the rancors (yeah, I know, not really the perfect comparison but I hope you get the drift) I personally had envisioned. At least they don't look stupid. As in "not subject to stupidity". Don't you think so, too? Must be the "Horned Ones" aspect which seems to cry out "we deserve M8 A2 and NO stupidity, right?"

Weapons: I really like the curved swords on the Corsairs. And the punching dagger/katar thingie. And the harpoon. Really sweet and suitably evil-looking. Hooray. Furthermore, I like the inclusion of a Glaith as weapon option for the foot Dread Lord. Even if his pose is dull as frag... nevertheless it's a weapon straight from our background. Another yay for that.
The sword on his mounted counter part: I can live with it though it really does look too straight and "good", as has been mentioned before. But don't despair, there should be plenty of suitably curved blades left from the Corsairs' box.
Staff on the Sorceress: Blergh, again that stupid skull motif. I think people should get that we are the ev0l even without GW plastering skulls all over our models on every free space. Leave that to Chaos. We should be leading in the spiky department, not in skulls. ;-) In addition, the hooks around the staff's head look too plain and flat. But then again, it can be swapped easily. To be honest, looking at the model, what I would do is put the wand/staff or whatever she would wield into her right hand which is already positioned correctly to point it at the enemies before her. Way cooler than the solution shown on the poster (but then again, maybe they just showed the least appealing ways to assemble the hero kits on the photos...).

I really hope that the new Cold One Knights' kit lacks the dumb-looking skull plaster style and retro-armour look I griped about.

To summarize:

Corsairs: 8/10 (lack of female parts, armour style)
Dread Lord on foot: 4/10 (static pose, severe case of skulls, top knot, armour style) - might be revised depending on which other options of assembly are included.
Mounted Dread Lord: 8/10 (the head is unelvish - again, might be revised depending on how easily it can be converted or whether a proper helmeted head is included)
Mounted Sorceress: 3/10 (top knot, boring staff, too much metal...) - but then again, maybe it is becoming a running gag to make a not that beautiful (snicker) Sorceress on CO.
Cold Ones: 8.5/10 (because they are Horned Ones rather than Cold Ones)
Stormbringer ruler
Corsair

Post by Stormbringer ruler »

Hey, the current DE models have that cartoony skulls too. The icons for warrior shields are skulls and winged skulls, and some CoK armors and shields have it too. I bet that long skull represents the face of Khaine or something. I like it, it gives personality to druchii.
Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

– The Nemedian Chronicles
Arcadian
Shade

Post by Arcadian »

Well, I kinda plan to use a good number of Warrior heads on my Corsairs personally, as I have stated else thread I am not real into the 'Skywise' faceplate thingie. As for Long hair, When ever I was on a tall master, (three times in my life) I kept my hair braided tight. The fellow I know who was one of the sail masters for Master and Commander does the same and he lives shipboard 24-7 for weeks at a time. (His most recent Officer position was on the Niagra) Loose flowing hair around a lot of braided rope, pulleys, ect isnt smart.. not to mention its always flying in your face and eyes with the wind and the spray... (Hey, maybe thats what those faceplates are foor..D'oh)
Chocolate is a gift & murder's a gift, ergo, murder and chocolate are sisters.
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

Cenyu wrote:I really hope that the new Cold One Knights' kit lacks the dumb-looking skull plaster style and retro-armour look I griped about.

To summarize:

Corsairs: 8/10 (lack of female parts, armour style)
Dread Lord on foot: 4/10 (static pose, severe case of skulls, top knot, armour style) - might be revised depending on which other options of assembly are included.
Mounted Dread Lord: 8/10 (the head is unelvish - again, might be revised depending on how easily it can be converted or whether a proper helmeted head is included)
Mounted Sorceress: 3/10 (top knot, boring staff, too much metal...) - but then again, maybe it is becoming a running gag to make a not that beautiful (snicker) Sorceress on CO.
Cold Ones: 8.5/10 (because they are Horned Ones rather than Cold Ones)

I was going to type of a revised response now that we have some better pics but you seem to have covered everything I have been saying or meaning to say. I am already sick of these top knots, and the heads so far appear to be fairly unelven in general. I don't mind the lord so much (except the head) and the CO is better then the previous fuzzy pictures made it our to be. Still this running squid theme, the top knots, and the 80's cartoon skulls on everything are not what I was hoping for. Will really have to see what work can be done when I have the models in hand. Filing off some of the skulls, and swapping for better bits (particularly heads)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

The HE got an awesome hero kit... Why can't we?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Ru-guy
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ru-guy »

I want them all!!! And now! 3 box or more!!! And new rules!!! Druchii makes more chilrden then High elves since they worship Slanesh - God of Pleasure, so Druchii footmen must cost at last 4 point!
Deaths without fear bring you great glory.
But greatest glory - to die with joy.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Ru-guy wrote:Druchii makes more chilrden then High elves since they worship Slanesh - God of Pleasure, so Druchii footmen must cost at last 4 point!

I doubt it, they worship Khaine above all and if they were to conceive a child through a Slaanesh party, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Cult of Khaine came knocking the next day.

Your reasoning is... semi flawed. :roll:
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I also dislike the "council facelift" style topknots I have seen so far. Particularly on the sorceress who seems to have a face like a blow-up doll (very Slaanesh!)

I agree that the cold ones look a bit on the wee side and I really hope that the ridiculous headgear on the Highborns mount is optional. The thing that I really loved about the new cold one was its nasty beady looking eyes. The head adornments really seem to detract from this particular feature.

Very hard to tell without actually looking at the models in person but I'm afraid that I am leaning towards getting some GZ cold ones when the new book comes out.

I love the corsairs but Im still on the fence about everything else.
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

I am totally underwhelmed by these latest figures.

The new Soeceresses looks way to much like the old one, and that was arguable the worst figure released by GW ever.

The new style of Noble armor is too human and doeesnt look anything like the art work, did they give the sculptors the wrong concept drawings for these guys.

My expectations are going down hill at a great rate of knots atm. I hope the COK box set looks nothing like these figures or it will be a complete let down.

On saying all that i do like the new corsair box, so with any luck I will be able to convert something that can easily replace these chumps.
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

really disapointed from the awesomeness of the corsairs to the awkwardness of the new character models.

when will we have a model to challenge the sleek elegence of the pheonix guard captain?

really really disapointed, but they may be multi kit, so we can pick and choose equipment.
Excidium666
Shade

Post by Excidium666 »

Am i the only one that really likes the new models? C'mon guyz they are cool. They are dynamic and vicious, very druchii to me. There will be propably other head and weapon choices to satisfy everyone (its a lord/noble kit afterall).
High elf is an elf after all, therefore he deserves a quick death...