New Pics! Horay!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I just noticed that the UK websites has updated their range of DE models.
Now harpies are listed as core.
Most new minis appear with "preorder".
Assassins, new sorc, new CO-mounted heroes, new corsairs are there.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=13
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Entreri
Executioner

Post by Entreri »

Did anybody notice the new dreadlord on foot (the 1 that nobody seems to like) looks alot like the 1 next to him in this pic (bottom of link)
http://www.games-workshop.de/warhammer/ ... iew/1.shtm
At least they seem to have the same stance, would be great if we could get all the bits to make either 1.
Would make the release pretty much perfect for me :D

cheers.
With each kill I grow wiser, and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Wouldn't suprise me to see him being a direct only version rather than parts, same sort of situation with the dwarf generals.

I do like him a lot more than the one we've seen already, though the one generally available may serve as an Anointed.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

no1 notice that the cauldron is now in lords and heroes? this leads to the assumption that Hags are now heroes, and the cauldron is a mount she can take.

Also the new hydra isn't up, and no manticore is still in heroes...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

It's pretty much common knowledge by now, that the Cauldron is an upgrade for the Witch Elf Hero, which is in the list.

Also noticed the new hydra isn't in there with a picture, though I suppose that's just an oversight.

Manticores are still mounts for Lords and Heroes (the Master, who is the Noble merged with the Beastmaster) as it is now.

Bye
Thanee

P.S. BTW, the link to the pics in your sig doesn't work anymore.
Dubhgilla
Warrior

Post by Dubhgilla »

Listed on the Australian store. Old character making an appearance?

http://oz.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=13
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Nah, he's just a collector's piece, he's been back on sale since january's cleanup of the "bitz order".
Mandrathrax
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mandrathrax »

Not available in Canada yet.... damn. I hope the new book is available for pre-order by the time I get the first paycheck from my new job.

I hope they release new cold ones for the COCs too, as they appear to be lacking currently. That would be odd: super cool COKs, and ugly COs for the chariots. I'm thinking of some fluff to justify that right now. Yay for self-entertainment.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

You could greenstuff some extra spines and scales on your quarter-cold-ones. Then they'd look almost as cool as your new ones.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

im not a fan of any of the assassins TBH. the 6th ed ones had a stealthiness to them where as these ones have a whirlwind feel to them.

i like the idea of steath over speed of attacks.

they are good models but i just find the imagery of their pose a bit "off"

it will take time to adjust but i will get there.
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

Me = sad panda.

'Seems I would convert most of my models from HE/WE miniatures. Especially when it comes to faces. Besides I will probably use the old CoK riders, since the new one look lame and not as recognizing as the previous with their pointy shoulder-plates and WAY-BETTER helmets. I like the new weapons though, lances mostly. The new cold ones themselves are maybe better, yet far from that one sculpture shown some time ago.

Dreadlords greatly disappoint me. The new head with silly hair-style have nothing to do with concepts in the old book. And this is not what I am going to use. meh. frustrated.
Game Designer. At last. Period.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

The head is very likely just a bit so you can choose another. I certainly hope so. :)

Bye
Thanee
Entreri
Executioner

Post by Entreri »

hope so too! probably... must..... :?

cheers.
Erfen
Slave on the Altar

Post by Erfen »

The new cold ones themselves are maybe better, yet far from that one sculpture shown some time ago.

Please correct me, if I am wrong, I came across this opinion a couple of times recently, but from my point of view, unless I'm very much mistaken, those cold ones are exactly the same sculpts as the one shown a couple of months ago. In other words, check these two links and make your own judgement (I think the Standart bearer's is the one)...
http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.ph ... 1190564881
http://9daysdown.co.uk/manticore/update ... /Units.jpg
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

The Cold Ones are the same that were seen as a 3-up way earlier.
Entreri
Executioner

Post by Entreri »

Right you are, there the same (noticed that too, although some people are still convinced there not the same?).

Think that the musicians nauglir is the same one, could be me.

Love the models.... it's gonna be a expensive summer!

cheers.
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

yeah they are the same. Gav thorpe did a pretty convincing 3up sculpt. i would like to meet the person who thinks that they could do a better job.

my problem is (wont happen for a fair few years) when we get the 8th edition re-vamp how could the models get any better
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i'm not sure whats happening here, it seems we're very divided. i'm loving the new models now i've seen some good pictures of them. not 100% about the characters, but octopus face i quite like... the cold ones and corsairs are moving back to the 5th ed style, which i think is great. the models are more elegant with what i first saw as elvish design. i guess its partly cause i started playing in 5th ed so its that style that drew me to them, but all in all, its a great set of models for the revamp.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

my problem is (wont happen for a fair few years) when we get the 8th edition re-vamp how could the models get any better

If, if any new modells get revamped in 8th Ed. you can be sure that they will remodell some of the older modells, not some they already have remodelled.

For instance they would probably remodell the Dark Riders, The Chariot and the Harpies, etc..
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

And the three M's, for glory, mercy and a punch in the face!
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

< Lame. :oops: :roll:

You are right of course, they are the same Cold Ones. I don't know why, maybe the close-up view left me with wrong impression. I thought that the one shown previously is going to be somehow bigger compared to its rider but it seems that this is not the case.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until my CoKs arrive to see if I'm gonna love the actual model or else.
Game Designer. At last. Period.
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Well, I wouldn't be too forlorn about the riders just yet. Most of the objections I've seen or for some of the heads, which I can totally understand. But some recent closeups I've seen have shown that at least two of the CoK heads are *awesome*, every bit as cool as the old 6th edition riders.

I think once we have the opportunity to build our own variants (providing we have other heads to choose out of the kit), we'll find that the new riders beat the pants off the old ones. They just have so much more detail in them, and will eventually grow on us. :)

And furthermore, think of all the conversion opportunities we'll have! How many of those corsair heads would look great on a CoK? Especially the champion!
Apoc
Warrior

Post by Apoc »

Hey guys,

Just discovered this picture somewhere on the net. Don't really know whether that's supposed to be a new Dark Elf Dragon, since I thought we wouldn't get a new one.

Anyone who knows what it is, exactly?
"Go forth. It is you who will sow the seeds of doubt that others will reap. For this is our way, to strike from the shadows and profit from the results. It will be the Elves of Naggaroth who stand victorious when the dust settles."
GW Quote
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Quite nice! Hopefully it will see production as it would surely make for a very nice DE dragon (even if it is not meant to be a new DE dragon), better than using the old one or the new HE dragon, and if it is from GW, it could even be used in official tournaments. :D

Bye
Thanee
Hasdrubal
Warrior

Post by Hasdrubal »

Its a surfing dragon of course! :)

Btw, I REALLY dont like the new CO's. Has anyone seen Godzilla 2000 or whatever that flop of a movie was? That's what they remind me of. Little Godzillas ;)
DE: 17 Wins 9 Losses 6 Draws
3 Game Winning Streak!
9-2-1 with new book
8-7-5 with old book

"Forget the wounded, step over the dead, and fight on."

-Hasdrubal