New Pics! Horay!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

So friggin' awesome! I almost got a wet dream when I imagined all the different conversions I am going to make with those corsairs! I swear to God that I got some demonic inspiration here :twisted:

:drool:

really wanna see the CoK though...
Name: Zarloyth Class: Warrior
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:3 I:3
Skills: Powerful Kick
Equipped: Mail Skirt, Greataxe, 2 Long Knives, Sea Dragon Cloak
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Khalan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khalan »

Now i have to by them. Awesom models !
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

The Corsairs are really nice, though I liked the "old" ones too, but the Dreadlord isn't imo, I'll have to wait and see what's in DL's kit....

Second!
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Ah right, it's a kit... then maybe there is hope that we can get a useful model out of it! :D

Bye
Thanee
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Wow these boys surpassed my expectations! The proportions on the DL are wrong for me: the body isn't long enough and he looks like he should be a little taller. I'm not a hater just yet though, I'll wait to see it when my spearhead arrives. :D (straight off to check pre-orders @maelstrom)

If the cloaks are detachable then theres going to be a lot of current warriors showing up on the slave markets. :twisted: This little release will create so much hype I doubt GW will need to reveal the COs before they arrive.

How many said the new plastics wouldn't be as good as the current metal? I picked up a demonettes box the other day, and have to say that there was very little left over once the girls were put together. I hope the corsairs will have much more on the sprues to play with.
Prince daerlythe
Black Guard

Post by Prince daerlythe »

the new shields and repeater handbow options are going to be sick for the corsairs. Before I prefered to stich to warriors for their superior CC armour save and cheap value. But with these new guys, I might want to include a couple units of them.
Blood stains the snow. Glory to Khaine!
Survivor
Shade

Post by Survivor »

Good news on the options for the Dreadlord. It would be very good news if the neck guard hes wearing is optional because if not a head conversion might be a little trickier than people are suggesting. It was mentioned he doesn`t appear to have a neck. Well its not just the neck but the neck guard covers his lower jaw as well.
It is time...
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Definitiely getting the Corsairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

Those corsairs are an absolute hit. And I even thought they could never make 'plastic' models as good as the metals we already had. GW is clearly improving their capability's in plastic!

The Highborn (yes, I dislike the name Dreathlord) is a different thing. I hope there are enough different bits on his sprue to make a major facelift cause I really don't like him rigth now.

If I may end with one negative comment then they may wanna lose that DE squid-theme as fast as possible... I mean, common, DE are becoming to look like the next installement of Pirates of the Caribbean. :?
There are 24 beers in a pack
There are 24 hours in a day
coincidence?
I think NOT!
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

That's what came to my mind too.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

New corsairs are sweet. Dreadlord, on the other hand, seems stupid to me.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I'll begin the new/old Corsair hairsplitting. Now I never bought any old Corsairs - something I was kinda getting around to - but I must say, I liked the way the old cloaks wrapped around. The new cloaks look like they'll only help if someone shoots them in the back (like enough among Dark Elves, but not when there's goblins around). I must also say that the bumpy surface of the inside of the cloaks is a little weird. Having said that, pretty well everything alse about the new guys would appear to be better than the old, meaning weapons, armour, and options. There's some awesome looking weapons in that lot, and (I amend my earlier claim) at least eight different heads, not too shabby for ten models. I cannot see how many different poses there are - there were what, seven different metal ones?

Anyways, it would appear that there are bitz enough for at least ten Hw arms right and left, plus RXP arms (don't see any left-handed ones) but apparently that talk of shields is bollox? O well, even without shields they're better than the old. And when the time of the Conversion of the Highborn (sorry, Dreadlord) comes around, there will be COK shields out there, and with any luck they'll look a bit better than the one your standard Dreadlord has got. The same shape is fine, just with option not to have daffy skull logo would be nice.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dreadlord taylindril
Dark Rider

Post by Dreadlord taylindril »

The new Corsair are great, though I still like the old models.
I'll get another unit or two, for the diffent weapons options.
it is time for us to make war on the Asur; shed blood in khaine's name.
hail king malekith

dreadlord taylindril of hag graef
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

You know, it just occured to me... One of the things I REALLY like about the new corsair models is the fact that you can see their hair. It's always griped me to no end that our basic warriors had all their hair stuffed up into their helmets, which just seems distinctly non-elfy.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

I cleaned up the important photos (brightened 'em sharpened 'em cropped 'em, etc.) and posted them on photobucket here:

I join my voice to the general chorus praising the Corsairs and disappointed in the Dreadlord...
Pille
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Pille »

I have to admit that the new corsairs arn't my taste. They are a way too inhomogeneous. THis gonna disturb the look and feel of an army.

The DL is like ...ugh :(
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Pille : the word you want is heterogeneous.

Thanks Heldrak, you've saved me a thousand bus fares to Warseer.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Hateshighelves
Beastmaster

Post by Hateshighelves »

Not seeing any crossbows in that regiment, though. Are we being led on?
Did I tell you that I hate high elves?
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

Incidentally, why are people doubting the presence of shields/RxPs? I realize White Dwarf occasionally has typos, but these facts seem pretty clear to me.

Just because they aren't modeled with it doesn't mean they aren't there.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Hateshighelves
Beastmaster

Post by Hateshighelves »

Kergoth wrote:If I may end with one negative comment then they may wanna lose that DE squid-theme as fast as possible... I mean, common, DE are becoming to look like the next installement of Pirates of the Caribbean. :?

I think that's kind of the point. They are piratical raiders, after all. However, don't worry too much about the PotC thing. It's not like they've got braids, eyepatches and billowy blouses or anything.

Hmmm...conversion idea?
Did I tell you that I hate high elves?
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

The Griefbringer wrote:Incidentally, why are people doubting the presence of shields/RxPs? I realize White Dwarf occasionally has typos, but these facts seem pretty clear to me.

Just because they aren't modeled with it doesn't mean they aren't there.

There IS one model with the RxPs - but there are none shown with a shield.
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Lamekh wrote:The Corsairs are really nice, though I liked the "old" ones too, but the Dreadlord isn't imo, I'll have to wait and see what's in DL's kit....

Second!

Yeah I don't like the DL either. It looks like something from the Dark eldar codex, and it mainly consists of crappy illustrations. I don't like the form of those skulls, it's kinda ugly.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

At this point I'm just happy to have a new charater...
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Who knows what he'll look like after dipping him in the bits box, though. I'm just that pleased with the Corsairs, I just want to believe in that poor sod as well.

Oh, and I also begin to wonder if that weapon of his is actually going to be represented in the rules? like maybe a Halberd that gives him bonuses in challenges?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

The dreadlords head/weapon are the only things that bother me, I'm probably gonna switch them when I get one. And the skull on his shield, it is actually a Dark Eldar symbol for one of their cults.

Corsairs are really different. I like them, but they look far to different from the metal ones we have now. I wonder if I should field both units or just replace all my old ones. (also, with the squid theme, just a bit of greenstuff will get you a Cthulu worshiping pirate crew ;) )

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior