Dark Elf Rumors Revealed

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tyr
Slave on the Altar
Location: In the wake of Malus' ever growing trail of corpses

Dark Elf Rumors Revealed

Post by Tyr »

Ok so I know some people who got to see the new Dark Elf army book at GW studio day and here is what they have told me:

Edition Dark Elves

Army Specific:

Eternal Hatred: Dark Elves hate everyone. Against High Elves this hatred continues in subsequent rounds of combat.

Khainite: Non-Khainite characters are unable to join Khainite units. Khainite characters are free to join non-Khainite units however. (Replaces Sect enmity)

Repeater Crossbows: 24" range, 2x multiple shots, Strength 3, Armour Piercing

Repeater Handbows: 8” range, 2x Multiple shots, Strength 3. May always stand and shoot, no modifiers for long range or moving. Can take 2 for 4x multiple shots.

Magic:

Dark Elf Sorceresses are able to use Dark Magic or Lores of Shadow , Death , Fire and Metal .

Dark Elf Sorceresses no longer gain +1 to cast .

Dark Elf Sorceresses can use unlimited number of power dice to cast a spell.

Dark Magic:

*FREE SPELL* 4+ to cast, generates D3+1 Power Dice that can only be used by caster. Any dice unused cause Strength 4 hit on the caster.

1 – Chillwind 5+ D6 Strength 4 hits. Any casualties prevent shooting.
2- Doombolt 6+ D6 Strength 5 hits.
3 – Word of Pain 8+ Same as current
4 – Blade wind 8+ 3D6 WS4 S3 (?) attacks on unit within range (12”?).
5 – Soul Stealer 10+ 12” range, Each model takes Strength 2 hit, No Armour Saves. Wounds go to caster (no more than double).
6 – Black Horror 11+ Large template, Strength test or take a wound.

Lords:

• Malekith
• Morathi
• Crone Hellebron (If taken, Witch Elves count as Core)
• Dreadlord
• High Sorceress

Heroes:

• Malus
• Shadowblade
• Sorceress
• “Master”
• Hag Queen

Character Mounts:

Manticore: Still a mount option. Each turn has to pass a Ld test or becomes frenzied. If rider is killed it automatically suffers the “Raaargh” result – no test needed.

Dark Pegasus: Sorceresses can now be mounted on Dark Pegasus.

Cauldron of Blood: 110pts mount for Hag Queen. No mention of being immobile, so can move. All Khainite units within 12” are stubborn. Each turn 1 unit within 24" can gain an ability from the list below:
• +1 Attack
• 5+ Ward Save
• Killing Blow
This cannot be stopped/dispelled and lasts until the start of the next DE players turn.

Core:

Dark Elf Warriors: 6pts basic, Shields (1pt), can have magic banner (25pts).
Dark Elf Crossbowmen: 10pts basic, Shields (1pt).
Corsairs: 10pts, can exchange 1 hand weapon for handbow for free, 2nd handbow costs 3pts, no shield option. Fleeing enemies roll 3D6 and use lowest.
Dark Riders: 17pts basic, Repeater crossbows (5pts), Shields (1pt – no fast cavalry). Herald has BS5 and A2!
Harpies: Don’t count towards minimum core. 5-10. Don’t cause panic in friendly units, but can use generals leadership.

Assassin: Neither Core, nor Hero. 90pts, always hidden in unit (pretty much any DE infantry). Has poisoned attacks, 75pts allowed from Gifts of Khaine, Additional Hand Weapon 6pts, Repeater handbow 9pts. 1 per unit.

Special:

Witch Elves: 10pts, WS4, I6. 2 hand weapons, frenzied, poisoned attacks.
Shades: 16pts, WS and BS5, can be upgraded to have 2 hand weapons or a great weapon. Can also take light armour.
Executioners: 12pts, S4, Great Weapons, Killing Blow.
Cold One Knights: 27pts, 1A, Stupidity.
Cold one Chariot: 100pts, T5 3+ Armour Save, Ld 9.
Black Guard: 13pts, Stubborn, ItP, Ld 9.

Special characters bought as Unit Champions.

Black Guard character has Crimson Death, and makes his unit unbreakable.
Executioner character makes his unit cause Fear.

Rare:

Reaper Bolt Thrower: 100pts, 2-for-1, no longer suffers -1 for multiple shots.
Hydra: 175pts, 5 wounds, Regeneration. Breath weapon has strength equal to number of wounds left.

Gifts of Khaine (main changes):

Shurikens: 3x Multiple Shots, Strength +1, 8”.
Rune of Khaine: +D3 attacks.
Venom Sword now Gift of Khaine (1 per army!)
Cloak containing Steed of Shadows bound spell. Power Level 3 (1 per army!).

Black Lotus: Re-roll 1’s to wound.
Dark Venom: All wounds caused in challenges (if enemy killed) are doubled for combat resolution.

Magic Items (changes to current items):

Deathmask now enchanted.
Seal of Ghrond now enchanted.
Crimson Death now cheaper (25pts).
Lifetaker now 30” range, Strength 4, 3x multiple shots, hits on 2+ (no re-roll to wound).
Armour of Darkness now 1+ (without shield).
Armour of Eternal Servitude: 35pts, Heavy Armour, Regen.
Ring of Hotek: 12” range.
Black Amulet: 70pts, 4+ Ward (against all attacks). Rebound in close combat.
Banner of Nagarythe: Cheaper, 125pts.
Dread Banner: Cheaper, 40pts.

Lots of new items!

Things that aren't covered in detail you can assume remain the same (like Hydras still have 4+ Scaly Skin aswell as thier new Regen save, Crossbowmen still have Light Armour etc.).

Suffice to say, the rumoured "Sacrificial Dagger" is in there. 25pts it allows a Sorceresses to remove one model to roll an extra dice to cast a spell after the original dice are rolled (but before dispel attempts).

Hope this is helpful :D
When life gives you lemons... Blood for the Blood God!!
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Waiiiiiiiit. How absolutely definitely sure are you that every Corsair can take a 2nd Handbow? I may dance on the spot if the answer to my question is "Absolutely definitely sure."
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

These rumors taken from this forum :)

Waiiiiiiiit. How absolutely definitely sure are you that every Corsair can take a 2nd Handbow? I may dance on the spot if the answer to my question is "Absolutely definitely sure."

Absolutely definitely - not. Sorry.
Last edited by Bernh on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Yeah this was first posted here and then spread around other forums and back here.. funny how that works huh? Guess we should lock this up ;)
Tyr
Slave on the Altar
Location: In the wake of Malus' ever growing trail of corpses

Post by Tyr »

lol really? I had no idea this stuff came from here... oh well. Anyways yeah im not sure about the second hand bow.. its a cool idea though.
When life gives you lemons... Blood for the Blood God!!
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

bernh wrote:These rumors taken from this forum :)

Absolutely definitely - not. Sorry.

But it's from this forum and it says that you can give them two handbows. I refuse to stop believing!
Apoc
Warrior

Post by Apoc »

Only the corsair champion can get 2 RHBs, if IIRC and those rumours are true. Not all corsairs can get it (unfortunately).

I guess this topic should indeed be locked: this has all already been covered in the other rumour topic(s).
"Go forth. It is you who will sow the seeds of doubt that others will reap. For this is our way, to strike from the shadows and profit from the results. It will be the Elves of Naggaroth who stand victorious when the dust settles."
GW Quote
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

I did not knew all thoose yhings thx
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Re: Dark Elf Rumors Revealed

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Tyr wrote:Ok so I know some people who got to see the new Dark Elf army book at GW studio day and here is what they have told me:
So, what is it finally? Did you get the info from someone, who have seen the book, or from some retard on some other forum, who told you, that he has seen it?
Sanity is highly overrated
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Locked, because it's already there. ;)

Just continue the discussions in the existing threads. Thanks! :D

Bye
Thanee