New Corsair Question

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Khel
Angel of Darkness

New Corsair Question

Post by Khel »

As corsairs have one attack in their profile and them having two hand weapons give them two, does this mean that the new corsair champion will get 3 attacks? Normally champions have two attacks in their profile and as the new corsair champion has two hand weapons, this should mean he'll get 3 attacks which is pretty nice.

So do you think they'll give the corsair champion 2 attacks and ultimately give him 3 attacks all together or do you think he'll just be given 1 attack (+1 from extra hand weapon) and given a higher BS or WS?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Obsidianichor
Cold One Knight

Post by Obsidianichor »

I think they'll stick with the standard champion...he will get +1 attack on his profile. Corsairs have been a primarily a combat unit and I expect them to stay that way...anyway, why would they give a champion +1 WS? Is there a precedent somewhere?

On a side note, I would love to see them change gears on champions for Dark Riders. Get rid of the +1 BS and give +1 Attack!
Last edited by Obsidianichor on Sat May 31, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
-ObsidianIchor

Armies:
Druchii: 4000+
DIY Marines: 4000+
Tyranids: 6000+
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I guess because the corsairs are mainly a combat unit they will stay as they are. The champion has three attacks now, why would they change it? I think that a corsair champion has far more use for one more attack than higher WS or BS.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I say it will probobly stay the same. Consider the Saurus champion. An avarge Saurus has two attatacks but they still give the champion three. If they have no problem with that without needing two hand weapons then I doubt they will have a problem for the reaver.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

as a general consensus, if model has ranged weapon as basic equipment then champion gets +1 BS
if model doesn't have a ranged weapon but can buy it... champion gets random, sometimes it's +1 BS (Dark Riders), sometimes it's +1 A (Marauder Horsemen I think)
If model doesn't have ranged weapon or choice for one then it's +1 A obviously
So... new corsair champions will hopefully have +1 A as the handbows are supposed to be option (why Heralds have +1 BS is beyond me... I use them without crossbows so champion is useless for me)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

(Shadow Warriors champs have +1 A, instead of +1 BS. But then they're almost more fighty than ranged with their current rules :roll: )

Personally I believe Corsair Champs will keep their +1 A. Handbows just doesn't seem to weigh more than additional handweapon/shield(?) too me.
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Perhaps they will get both? Which I believe empire pistoliers do.

On the whole I don't really like added BS because it means you need to keep his shots separate and it is too easy to forget that one model hits on 1 lower. It would be cool if he could fire off an extra shot to show he is really quick?
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage