Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Cauldron of Blood 
Warrior

I saw this on the GW site.

"Finally, the Cauldron of Blood, an ancient artifact of long-gone days when the gods walked the earth, can restore the youth and vitality of the brides of Khaine who bathe in it and all Dark Elf troops proximate to the cauldron are affected by Frenzy."

Now, this is probably just a gaming word being used in a fluff context and has no real substance to it, but it made me think. Possible new rule?

Sat May 17, 2008 11:15 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

I really hope thats not true, cause that would mean that basically the entire Dark Elf army would be subject to Frenzy and Hatred.

Are we the new mindless, screaming, minions of Khorne?
By everything that's good and holy, (or evil and wrong) I hope thats not happening!

Sat May 17, 2008 11:48 pm
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

I wouldnt read too much into it, GW often does these things (ie make descriptions that are not even close to how it works in the game).

FAQ about rules:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=547809

Sun May 18, 2008 12:30 am
Executioner

wow a whole khorne army. finally i can use my DE in my Deamon army.

i dont like that 1 bit

Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 am
Malekith's Best Friend

If it's true, I would toss my cauldron by the window.

We're not an army of Khorne. I don't know here you saw that but I'm pretty sure it won't be the rule of the next Cauldron because I think it would be more useless than it is now. I don't say that the current Cauldron isn't good, but it's doesn't worth it right now.

Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 am
Executioner

It should be a mistake, refered to the Blood Frenzy the Cauldron has always given to our troops. Lately I´m reading so many written mistakes in GW material, so I wouldn´t be surprised.

Sun May 18, 2008 11:37 am
Trainee Warrior

Wouldn't that just work on just temple units tho? Like WE and Execs?

Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 am

If it's true, I would toss my cauldron by the window.

We're not an army of Khorne. I don't know here you saw that but I'm pretty sure it won't be the rule of the next Cauldron because I think it would be more useless than it is now. I don't say that the current Cauldron isn't good, but it's doesn't worth it right now.

The cauldron right now is amazing.
I hope it doesn't change one bit.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 am
Highborn

If it should be interpreted, I'd believe it could be a reference to the +1 A when charging, as there has been quite a few rumors on this. +1 A is after all quite a lot like frenzy, just without bonus/weakness...

Tue May 20, 2008 9:58 am
Rending Star
Rending Star

...or the reroll to wound rolls as it is now. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Tue May 20, 2008 10:06 am
Malekith's Best Friend

The cauldron right now is amazing.
I hope it doesn't change one bit.

I didn't say it's not good, I think it's overpriced and should do something else for it's actual price.

Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 am

The current cauldron is indeed very overpriced, especially since its so "easy" to outshoot it/kill it in close combat with almost anything.

Tue May 20, 2008 11:41 am
Highborn

I believe GW is using the word `Frenzy` as a figure of speech. That is to say they`re NOT using it to describe the Dark Elf troops as Frenzied in Gaming terms.

In the passage quoted by Tar-Ciryan, it does sound a bit like the Druchii troops ARE affected by Frenzy ("are affected by Frenzy") in Game terms. I`d have to read the quote in context with the whole article/blurb to see whether it is written in such a way to imply the passage is Rules related or Fluff related. If it`s Fluff related, then I think Frenzy is a figure of speech. If it`s more Rules related, then maybe it IS in Game terms. I just find it hard to believe that GW would give us the double uncontrollable whammy of Army Wide Hatred and Frenzy.

If Frenzy IS applicable to all Troops in `proximity` of the CoB, a whole new approach would be required to use the Army effectively (and maintain some kind of control over it) when fielding the CoB.

And if that`s the case, then GW is taking the Druchii nearer a place that I don`t like. Frothing semi-controlled masses. Sounds like a cross between Khornate Chaos, and O&G`s to me. I `spose it`s only when fielding the CoB, but that makes using it a very fraught prospect.

Anyway. I have faith that GW wont break the Dark Elves in regard to using the CoB. (He says hopefully...).

Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am
Executioner

Does anyone know if GW are going to produce a new model for the Cauldron or are they sticking with the current one??? I know there was lots of talk of it going to go back to a mobile version.

Tue May 20, 2008 12:33 pm
Rending Star
Rending Star

All we know to this date is, there is no hint of a new model yet.

Bye
Thanee

Tue May 20, 2008 1:13 pm
Executioner

All we know to this date is, there is no hint of a new model yet.

Bye
Thanee

Thanks, It's just I noticed that over the last few weeks there's been quite a few on ebay new for pretty good prices!

Tue May 20, 2008 1:48 pm
Executioner

Please don't give it wheels GW as I'll have to go buy mounts for the bottom and model my own wheels. I'm not paying 45 bucks for a new cauldron just cause it has wheels.

Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 pm
Profile YIM
Malekith's Best Friend

Please don't give it wheels GW as I'll have to go buy mounts for the bottom and model my own wheels. I'm not paying 45 bucks for a new cauldron just cause it has wheels.

Just make a conversion then. I haven't painted mine because I wanna know if it will change or not.

Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 pm
Executioner

Actually I think I might have enough spare parts from a orc chariot laying around I could attack to the bottom.

Tue May 20, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile YIM
Rending Star
Rending Star

Thanks, It's just I noticed that over the last few weeks there's been quite a few on ebay new for pretty good prices!

Then I would go for it, I guess. The guardians are very sweet models and for them alone it's worth it, IMHO. In fact, I'm thinking about getting a few CoBs from ebay (when I can get them for a reasonable price), just for them. :D

Maybe there will be a new model somewhere in the future, but that doesn't make older models unusable. *shrug*

For now, there are/were pretty accurate lists on the web already about which models we will get with the new book this year... and the cauldron was not part of it. Check the (official) rumors roundup thread for more details.

Bye
Thanee

Tue May 20, 2008 2:29 pm
Shade

Maybe it could be something like Frenzy for all units within 6" of the cauldron and 12" or 18" or any distance for Witch Elves? Not saying that would be good, just saying maybe. You`d have to be very careful where you place your troops.

Tue May 20, 2008 10:39 pm
Noble

I seriously doubt that all our troops will have frenzy - it would make them plain unusable, and be far too dangerous. My guess is that it will stay pretty much the same. Possibly with wheels, that would not be a problem for me, got the old one.

Tue May 20, 2008 11:49 pm
Profile ICQ

The current cauldron is indeed very overpriced, especially since its so "easy" to outshoot it/kill it in close combat with almost anything.

Have you used the current cauldron?
Easy to out shoot it? of course it has no shooting...easy to shoot down not at all, need to kill three crew after randomization and then you need to get through a 4+ ward save. Just about the hardest warmachine in the game to kill with shooting.

As for in CC, very few mage killing units will actually kill the three guardians, and then what ever is left is likely to either win wear down the opposing troop or they are likely to hold a few rounds, which is all you should need anyway.

The thing is amazing.

Wed May 21, 2008 12:50 am
Malekith's Best Friend

The thing is amazing.

QFT. It turns my little DR into frothing maniacs (Kebab!). Not even mentioning the horses.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior

Wed May 21, 2008 4:05 am
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Hopefully the cauldron will be useful on a much wider scale with the new book.

Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next