What are you planing to include?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Emal
Executioner

What are you planing to include?

Post by Emal »

Ok, the release of the new dunkelelfen is drawing closer and im sure that you all have ben starting to think about what to include.

If you ask me i think my army will include lots of crossairs, a few cold one knights, the almost mandatory noble and sorceress and asuming that they have improved maybe a small unit of black guard and if i can find the points for it a few bolt throwers.

It looks like this would make a rather balanced force with the crossairs giving a decent backbone while the cold ones can chew through tougher units, and the black guard asuming that they are still stubborn will be able to tie up enemy infantery while the sorceress and bolt throwers give ranged suport.

What about you? what do you think you will include?
NOTE: This is not an army list post, just a little speculation on what you think will be usefull :p
For the druchii
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Can't tell for sure before the release, but i'm thinking of something, including corsairs, some lord on dragon, RxB warriors (one of my favourite units), witch elves with eternal frenzy, cold ones and RBT. I'll wait for the release to make the final decision though - no more buying until July (?)
Sanity is highly overrated
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I'd like to crowbar in lots of sweet, sweet black guard. Based on what GW did to units like swordmasters (highly elite, but only now become choppy), they're bound to be pretty hardcore.

But as per usual, a new Chaos army has distracted me away from DE (I'm a slow painter), so I'll get around to that next year...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Sir_turalyon
Shade

Post by Sir_turalyon »

Corsairs for sure, I always wanted multiple units but price was prohibitive. I plan to eighter buy new cool plastic models, or buy all metal models I can before they get phased out, if new plastics prove ugly.

Some elite infrantry -witch elves or executioners - are likely.
We must destroy them. We must incinerate them. Village after village, army after army, dragon after dragon...

They teach our soldiers to decapitate slaves, but will not allow them to fight in three ranks because this is not cruel enough!
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

i will be starting with a Khaine army.

the plan is:
2x units of 20 WE's
1x COB (of course)
2x units of converted warriors. (capes and hoods so that look assassin-y)
Morathi
and hopefully a new Witch elf hero
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

First thing I'm getting is a unit of cold one knights. My army desperately needs them right now. Then perhaps corairs, and I'm not sure what else. Depends on what they do with the rest of our units. I might make my witch elf unit a little bigger.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Fellblade
Noble
Location: Cell 5, isolation ward. Quarantine measures in effect.

Post by Fellblade »

Considering the fact that I've already got one of everything, and two (or more) of most things... I will buy the spearhead, so I can get the new army book and all the new models.

Then I will read the army book and see how GW has changed things. Which units have been nerfed? Which is the new "must have" unit? Have Dark Riders been moved to Special, thereby making my most common army build nearly useless? Are chariots no longer a 2-for-1 choice, ditto? Have witch elves finally become survivable enough that it is feasible to include them in the army?

I'm looking forward to the new Corsairs, from a painting & modelling perspective. I very much want to see the changes to our army. Will we get a lot better, the way HE and VC have, or will we merely be changed, the way O&G and Empire were?
Competition is the whetsone of talent.
Frozen_dark_elf
Trainee Warrior

Post by Frozen_dark_elf »

I'd also like to un a cult of khaine army as well. probably 2 units of executioners and witches each, CoB, and warriors. I'd realy like to have them all in white with blood splatered all around and heads lying everywhere. I'd like to base it off of the malus book and maybe even field malus along with them as the scion of Khaine.
Frozen_dark_elf
Trainee Warrior

Post by Frozen_dark_elf »

I'd also like to un a cult of khaine army as well. probably 2 units of executioners and witches each, CoB, and warriors. I'd realy like to have them all in white with blood splatered all around and heads lying everywhere. I'd like to base it off of the malus book and maybe even field malus along with them as the scion of Khaine.
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I might start a corsair themed army, so definitly more of them. next up will definitly be the hydra and black gaurd. I'll also add a tone of boltthrowers in for Legendary battles.
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

Hydra, more corsairs (depending on rules), more DR, and a Dragon.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I plan on using DE with RXBs, DRs with RXBs, Shades with RXBs, probably a noble with Lifetaker, and some solid combat units, Corsairs, Exec, Blackguard, to back all the RXBs up.
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

I'm very keen on the thought of the new assassin (hide in enemy units) if that is keept, he might be found in quite a few of my armies (if not 3 of them at once :))

I also find it very hard to resist the rumors on the Hag on a manticore with the weapon that doubles her attacks... Thats probably 7 str 4, and 5 str 5 attacks, rerolling to hits. Along with a rank breaking ability... Even a frontal charge against medicore inf is something she should reliably win by 1 or 2 pts... crazy if you ask me.

I'm also looking forward to test a 2nd lvl scroll caddy, with the ability to cast spells with 4 dices, but it depends on the lore. I think it might be worth it, if not going magic heavy, as it seems to get quite a bit stronger...

Beside heroes, I also would like to see corsairs, maybe hydra and CoB...

Do you think that we will be the new RAF? 2 rare manticores, witchelf manticore and a lord on manticore? maybe to make it interesting a sorc lord and a lvl 2 sorc for a decent magic phase. The new Manti sorc will be less of a liability with the hatred, as long as she doesn't have to be in combat more than one turn. And if assassins can hide in enemy units think about a three manti list with 2/3 assassins, jumping up and killing art and any ranged threats along with casters...

The new DE army seems to be getting both competitive, as internally well balanced... At least I can't get all the heroes and lords I want into a 2k game.

Xerasi
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Personly I am realy hoping that Malekith gets better (ie less likly to have a heart attack if facing a skink priest) so that I can use him to represent my lord and thereby have a strong magic phase and a lord on a dragon (as fits my army background)

Other than that I will reserve jugment untill I see the list, but I will probobly use more infantry, Corsairs around a core of Black gaurd if they get the rules hike I expect. Plus of course a unit of cold ones.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Jayferd22
Executioner

Post by Jayferd22 »

Personly I am realy hoping that Malekith gets better

So he doesn't get owned my a stunty lord as well.
The time for critical thinking is becoming critical I think
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

nah, he's fine against stunty lords... unless they have anvil and keep casting that magic missile at him.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Count zero
Cold One Knight

Post by Count zero »

Sama as fellblade for me, will pick up the spaerhead then look closely at what else i need after reading the book a few times, which may not be much as i have so much already.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

I'll be picking up some corsairs, other than that, I dont know, I pretty much have everything I want/need, maybe I'll get some new COKs too.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Black corsair
Trainee Warrior

Post by Black corsair »

I already have a unit of just about every option. I didn't get a CoB or a Hydra because I hate the models. If they are redoing the Hydra and if the rumored rules are any indication then I am definitely buying one. For the CoB I want to use the Avatar of Khaine from Forge World and convert it.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

With an army fluff already oriented to corsairs, and the possibility to field three different kind of corsairs (present-day, with shields, and with crossbows), I will sure buy two units of them.
Now, if an attractive sorceress comes along with a revamped dark lore, I will definitively buy one as well.
Else... depends heavily on the new rules. I'm curious to verify that many units can come in a number of 5 per unit. That will be awesome for my MSU. So whichever can do that will fit.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

I'm thinking of getting another Manti and running a list with a Lord on Dragon and two Manti's. If Hero lvl Sorcs can take DP's, I'll run two lvl 2's on those with it. Also 3 units of DR and a couple units of Harpies for war machines, and maybe Manflayers or a big unit of COK (not stupid!). I think that's a list that would be awfully fun and very effective.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

If Assassins are even remotely viable there will be truckloads of them in my list. 8)
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

There's new assassin model coming up as well :P so I hope they're good/playable
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Black corsair
Trainee Warrior

Post by Black corsair »

I also plan on getting a HE Dragon and converting it.

I definitely plan on getting a couple boxes of the BAC, dunno if I will get the new CoK tho. I already have 10 of the currents.

I wanna get 5 more BG and Execs depending on rules.

I got 6 harpies, 6 shades, 2 RBTs and one CoC. Figure that is enough.

Almost 50 warriors split between spear and xbows. With my current 22 Corsairs and the new I plan on getting, I will be doing really good with core.

Oh, and I got like 8 DR. I need more.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I kinda think that it's way too early to think about planning anything. We barely have rumors about what we'll get. I would really like to be able to use the units I rarely use.