Free Spearhead?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Acumenth
Slave on the Altar

Free Spearhead?

Post by Acumenth »

I purchased my spearhead through GW online US (I live in US) using paypal. It was approximately 1 month prior to release. I recieved my box, but later noticed that my profile said "prending merchant action" for the payment. I checked out my paypal account and it showed that the account was charged, but then it expired after 4 days and was reinstated with the ~$200 charge. It's almost been a week and it still has this status.

Anyone else have a billing querk ordering from them? I ordered some black guard and the customizable movement trays shortly after I pre-ordered the spearhead and it went through fine, using the same payment method.
D6gcraig
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by D6gcraig »

They won't run the final charge through until they ship your spearhead. The activity on your account is just them making sure you have the funds.

If, however, they have now shipped it and you got it, then it's probably an error on their part. You might rejoice in your luck, but look for the charge to hit later as they realize their mistake, or for them to come to you more openly.
Far-stretching, endless Time
Brings forth all hidden things,
And buries that which once did shine.
The firm resolve falters, the sacred oath is shattered;
And let none say, "It cannot happen here".

Sophocles
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

this is why I hate ordering stuff online. Sure, it worked out for you, you may have just saved a lot of money. But I've been double billed, had stuff not sent, and a lot of other cr@p that I would rather not deal with.

On a side note, I bought my spearhead at my GW, they threw in a blister of blackguard, shades, executioners and the old hydra for free!

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Obsidianichor
Cold One Knight

Post by Obsidianichor »

I have had very few problems ordering various items online. The few problems I did have were resolved without too much of a problem and usually involved the item being incorrect and not with over or under charging.

If you are ordering from random sites, I would make sure to get a recommendation or other assurance for your money (ie billed using a trusted third party service). With a little foresight and patience, ordering online will have very few problems.
-ObsidianIchor

Armies:
Druchii: 4000+
DIY Marines: 4000+
Tyranids: 6000+
D6gcraig
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by D6gcraig »

It's actually a common practice when you pre-order anything from artwork to a hotel room: they run your credit card, sometimes multiple times, without actually taking the money out.

As for online commerce in general, I agree 100% with ObsidianIchor: do a little research if it's not a well-known place. It's just like the real world: If the place is shady and the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Unless it's me. You can trust me. I'm not like any of the others. I'm only interested in what's best for you.

But as for all the rest? Watch your back, little Druchii.
Far-stretching, endless Time
Brings forth all hidden things,
And buries that which once did shine.
The firm resolve falters, the sacred oath is shattered;
And let none say, "It cannot happen here".

Sophocles