Rumor Discussion Thread

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Calisson wrote:
decker_cky wrote:Apparently PoD is known even by non-dark magic sorceresses.

If anyone can confirm, either someone that saw the book himself or by a quote from such a person?
I would update the summary thread.
Please send a mail.

It was my post on Warseer. Yes, PoD isn't a spell of Dark Lore, it's a spell that knows each Dark Elf wizard (even Malekith).
May be this will be errated later, I don't know.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Arnold Layne wrote:Calisson, you say Khainite replaces Sect Enmity. Does this mean Assassins and Death Hags can join units with Sorceresses in?

Yes :twisted:
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

Haplo wrote:Something I have been wondering about. This beastmaster weapon that is mentioned again and again, is it just a hand weapon with AP? Or is there something else about it? Could it be anything to do with monsters having a hard time hitting the character or model?

My instinct is telling me that it counts as an additional handweapon with AP. The alternative is that the handlers have 3 attacks on their profiles, which seems a little much.
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Dark Alliance wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:Calisson, you say Khainite replaces Sect Enmity. Does this mean Assassins and Death Hags can join units with Sorceresses in?

Yes :twisted:

Oh, now that's just evil... Hard to find a much better personal bodyguard than a Druchii assassin. ;)
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

Bodyguard, yeah lets just call it that... It is a very nice way to come closer to the... target...
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

But it was mentioned as a beastmaster weapon and an upgrade. Also there is a magic beastmaster weapon giving S 5, which would seem quite stupid as you could take the sword of might. I think there could be more to it, give a hint DA?
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Also there is a magic beastmaster weapon giving S 5, which would seem quite stupid as you could take the sword of might. I think there could be more to it

In Milney's summary thread it says that the weapon also gives the armor piercing rule, which makes it worth a lot more than the sword of might. Also - what is wrong with being able to take two swords of might in your army ? ;)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

And maybe beastmasters have basic S3 so this weapon would be a lot better than sword of might.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Rugi wrote:And maybe beastmasters have basic S3 so this weapon would be a lot better than sword of might.

They could have S3 if they were still in the book, but nobles and beastmasters are replaced by masters who have the stats of nobles, so no more S3 beastmasters if I remember correctly.

HUZZAH!
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

Perhaps it's an "always S5" much like Crimson Death, to ignore other people's nerfing armors/runes/what-have-you. And with AP, so -3 to armor - would be pretty nice depending on cost. Or it's S5 and +1A as BM weapon, like the hand versions. I'd be a big fan of that, a +1A +1S maybe AP weapon for ~35 points (let you take a Null Talisman or Enchanted Shield). If it's 50 though, as combining SoB and SoM.. not as good.
Well, ok, good, but for 50pts I want something better when the CD and Hydra Blade are 35. Granted I guess... I'd pay 40 for it - want the ES with it.

Can anyone shed more light on this previously unmentioned weapon?
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Can anyone shed more light on this previously unmentioned weapon?

It's 'always Str 5, no matters anything', with AP and for 25pts. I.e. it's better than sword of might but for little higher price.
With sword of might you can give hero regenerating armor or inverse ward, with that whip you can't, but may give him 1+ armor.
I want such magic items section for my Wood Elves :(
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Always S5 + armor piercing sounds heaps good to me. Certainly worth 25 points and certainly worth taking over the sword of might. And this also frees up another possibility to get S5 in your army by taking sword of might... Sounds nice... If only it counted as a hand weapon as well (like the swords of Grave guard...)

HUZZAH!
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

You could also give it to a Sorceress to have one S5 AP attack. :lol:

Bye
Thanee
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

Actually...S5 AP sounds like the perfect weapon for a black guard champ. :D
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

SoM is down to 10 or 15pts now, yes? And the whip is not +1A I take it?
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

SoM is down to 10 or 15pts now, yes?

And the whip is not +1A I take it?

Yes.
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

So there is notthing "beasty" about this weapon... Kinda sad. Is it an upgrade for hydra handlers and if how much?
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Is it an upgrade for hydra handlers and if how much?

No, it's just a magic item for Master, for example.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

If it does not give an extra attack (i.e. counts as AHW), how do handlers then get their 3A that have been mentioned!?

Bye
Thanee
Jaqtaar
Cold One Knight

Post by Jaqtaar »

It (the mundane one) counts as HW with AP, so if you have two like the handlers you get +1A. Or am I missing something?
Druchii! Hear my voice!
Let your blades be keen! Let your hearts be iron and your thews steel! Let your grim visors be the last thing that the scum of Ulthuan see in this life!
In the name of Naggaroth and the Witch-King ...Charge!
Jankiel
Corsair

Post by Jankiel »

Beastmasters have hand weapon and beastmasters scourge.

Beastmasters scourge is hand weapon, which also makes all beastmasters attacks AP. So beastmasters got 3 AP attacks (2 in profile).

This magic wepon works in the same way as beastmasters scourge, and give S5. But it cant be combined with second hand weapon, because magic hand weapons cant be combined with mundane.
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

Thanee wrote:If it does not give an extra attack (i.e. counts as AHW), how do handlers then get their 3A that have been mentioned!?

Bye
Thanee

2 attacks on profile i quess, and they get +1 from extra handweapon.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi all druchii fans.

The thread "The new book summary, as reported by Milney" has just been updated with solid info. A few clarifications, adding some minor missing data. Some unexpected info.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

There is still some hidden treasure left for us to discover in the actual book, the magic item list is not completely unfolded in the thread, there must be some rules not posted, and, of course, a lot of fluff and illustration are still to be read with delight.

I guess that we have enough to start thinking seriously about strategy and nice combos without risking to loose too much time, the information we have now seems to have gotten very close to the real one.

Looking formward to read (write?) plenty of new creative concepts.

By the way, I noticed that D.net rates me now as a corsair! what a nice compliment!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

I must say, a Druchii Lord on Dragon is going to be even tougher than a Star Dragon thanks to Hatred and the potential of Khainite items and Magic Weapons!
Scorpioni
Cold One Knight

Post by Scorpioni »

No Khainite items for Dreadlords as stated multiple times in multiple threads.

Still you don't need any with the magic items we're getting ;)
Let your blades drink deep, my fellow executioners!