Your army list for new book?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Undeadcatd
Noble

Your army list for new book?

Post by Undeadcatd »

Hi , with the information from DA and Milney , we now know our new books better. So which kind of Dark elf army would you plan to build?

I would like to build and try 3 kinds of army ,

1. Beast lord : Lord or master on manticore , multiple units of Cok ,harpies, hydras,Dark riders with RXB.I would only take a scroll caddy and try to use ring of hotek (12" !)and the magic resistance item to COK champion .Also blood banner for stupidity or taken malus for spite !

2.Cult of khaine : Hag queen with COB , EXE and Witch Elf blocks ,the rest will be MSU unit of harpies ,shades ,Dark riders.Sadly I cant see there's a way to get magic resistance expect High sorceress/sorceress with scroll , which against the fluff.

3.Magic kingdoms : heavy magic list with shooting
Dagger , familiar and bound spell made our magic phase quite good IMO , some solid battle center with 20-25 warriors(Power dice!)and chariots.the rest will be RBT and RXB and magic!
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

Though toying with the Black Guard, my army list won't change a bunch. My heroes are the things that will change.

I think I might drop chariots.

I will add a Dragonlord just as I had intended.

I will get a Hydra in preference to RBTs

So, in other words, it will be the same army I wanted, just with better rules.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Im going to focus on a magic and shooty heavy list.

Probably a minimum of 3 Sorceresses, 3 units of RXB-men, 2 units of 5 Dark Riders with RXBs, and 2 units of RXB toting shades, along with 1 RBT. I want to include a Hydra, and maybe some cheap units of warriors for more power dice. Maybe even a hero solo with Lifetaker on foot.

Our arrows will blot out the sun and all that.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Hopefully I will not have a standard army but will tailor for each opponent (although the dirty tricks the cauldon looks like it will be able to pull may make it a must have in any force).
Derikari
Shade

Post by Derikari »

My main army would basically be what I'm playing now, except I can bump up my Dark Rider count to 7 units, second unit of Harpies and give Shades great weapons. :shock: Or the Cauldron for every other game.

After that, I suddenly want to have the option of going magic heavy once in a while. I mean, our Sorceresses suddenly have wreckless abandon that would probably make them blow up every game while slaughtering my own guys for their own power lust. I love it! I toyed with the idea of a Corsair heavy infantry based list, but their watered down rules put me off. :( Assasins and Black Guard... wouldn't mind those though...
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

I'd test all Khainite troops thoroughly before settling on a list. My hopes are up for the new Assassins, and if this Shade-with-GW thing is true they are bound to feature as well.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Scallat
Corsair

Post by Scallat »

Hellebron.

Witch Elves.

Witch Elves.

Witch Elves.

Witch Elves.

Witch Elves.

Cauldren.

Cauldren.
Kfpm
Executioner

Post by Kfpm »

Im thinking, in 2k,
Level four with any +PD items we have.
Noble on soemthing big and flyey ^^
Hag on cauldron
2 x 20 warriors with xbows
5 DR
14 exec flanking block
some witch elves (not sure how many yet, points allowing
21 BG with ASF banner (sick)
hydra
MYABE some bolt throwers. Although if hydra turns out to be as nasty as said, it might not even be worth it.
Of course in this place every exit is also an entrance! Giggity gig gig ga-goo!
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

I'll make my Khaine-oriented-Black-Ark....
So a raiding army with Corsairs, Dark Raiders, Shades and Harpies, some Khainite units like Wirch Elves, maybe some Execs, Cauldron, sometimes some fancy beasts from the depths of the Ark (Hydra, Manticore, Cold Ones, even Black Dragon), personal guard for my hero (Black Guards), some Sorceresses to make Black Ark run on the water....
after a bit of thinking I can include everything :D
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Army of the King.

2 big old units of Black guard, a bsb, some spearmen, a hydra and magic stuff.

Job done.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

DRs 3-4 units
Harpies 3 units
Shades
Sacrifices er.. Spearmen
CoKs
BG
Hydra
RBT (maybe although these may not make the list that often)
Mages and Heros to taste
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

My tournament army won't change that much, probably dropping the executioners for black guard and harpies. The list would be then:

dragon
caddy

3x dark riders
2x harpies

2 chariots
shades
black guard

2 reapers
war hydra

2000 points

in friendly games, well, I'll have to see the book for that.
Daicon
Corsair

Post by Daicon »

I'm seeing a Dreadlord mounted upon the back of a mighty Manticore, a pair of Sorceresses, and a Hag hero with the Cauldron. After that, core will be filled by some repeater crossbows and corsairs, while special will be rounded off with some executioners, black guard, shades, and possibly some cold one knights.

The future looks good.
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

is anyone feeling like our armies will be "expensive"?

if we plan to add Assassin(s) or Cauldron(s) to an army it takes up a lot of points no?

what are everyone's thoughts on using the specials characters for game play?

are they allowed in tourney's? or regular games? I thought the tourney rules have to specifically state "characters" allowed no?

just thinking out loud here...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

whobetta wrote:is anyone feeling like our armies will be "expensive"?

if we plan to add Assassin(s) or Cauldron(s) to an army it takes up a lot of points no?

It's an elf army, it comes with the territory.

are they allowed in tourney's? or regular games? I thought the tourney rules have to specifically state "characters" allowed no?

You'll notice that in 7th ed books there is no division between characters and 'special' characters any more. Tournaments are free to make their own rules on such things, of course.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

I'll be fielding almost the same units as I planed to in my old DE list... something like:

2nd lvl scroll caddy
Noble on chariot
CoB Hag
And then either upgrade hag to BSB or take a bsb on the side

3x 5 Darkriders
2x 5-7Harpies
20+ Warrior block
10+ RXB block

20ish Black guards (ASF banner)
7ish Shades with GW
5 CoK
10 Witches

Hydra.

Thats roughly a 2250 pts list last time I checked. Lots of options, lots of different units, and quite aggressive. I like it on the over all
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

Rork,

I hear ya. but I feel like as alot of people have said

"i'll pretty much use the same list" Now that is okay, I guess. but I would love to be able to have lots of different units in there being able to do everything while being competative.

I am just a bit dissapointed as in 2k games you can have way over 1,000 of your points be in characters, easily...

I don't know. I am excited for all the upgrades and new rules. but a little sad as we won't be able to utilize them all in a game/list.

just ruins some of the fun for me.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I'll wait until I'm seeing the new book before thinking about this. It's kinda hard to plan anything based on rumours even if most of them seem to be confirmed.

Seems like I'm "tagged" a "doubter" but I'm proud of it :P
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

It's quite possible to use all of the options in a game/list.

Although you'd need to play 10.000 pts.

I probably won't change much about my list.
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I will wait for the final list before deciding what army I will play, but as usual, I will build another army for every game and so will have lots of diversification. :D

As it seems, most if not all units will be useful soon, that's great!

Bye
Thanee
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

Same with me, I go with Thanee both on the waiting and the use of different lists.
If Highelves are a pain in the butt, you are facing the wrong way!
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

As I see it, for competitive play there will be two types of army: the Dragon-Magic army and the Cauldron army. If I can fit it I want to play something along the lines of the following:

S.Sorceress, Lv 4
Sorcerss, Lv 2
Master BSB
Death Hag with Cauldron

20 Warriors, FC
10 RXB, Shields
2 x 5 Dark Riders, RXB, Herald
(2 x?) 10 Corsairs, FC
6 Harpies

12 Witch Elves, FC
12 Executioners, FC
6 Shades with Great Weapons
Cav? Chariot? Black Guard?

War Hydra
2 x RBT
Cougar_roger
Cold One Knight

Post by Cougar_roger »

well I just ordered two assasins from my local gaming store so that may give you a hint as to the treachery I'm gonna unleash on my unsuspecting enemies. One to put in a unit and one extra to make him think there might be another somewhere in a unit.

May incorporate the BG into my lists more but you can't fit everything in, the choices will be really tough. I guess I'm gonna have to lug everything around and really tailor my list to the opponent.

I've been going magic heavy lately and having access to the lores or metal and fire will probably make me stay magic heavy.

My list may look like alot of core units with maybe three specials and a rare in a 2K game. Characters look like they may eat up some points and might even go without a lord choice if the here choices are good enough.
bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve...
Cougar_roger
Cold One Knight

Post by Cougar_roger »

well I just ordered two assasins from my local gaming store so that may give you a hint as to the treachery I'm gonna unleash on my unsuspecting enemies. One to put in a unit and one extra to make him think there might be another somewhere in a unit.

May incorporate the BG into my lists more but you can't fit everything in, the choices will be really tough. I guess I'm gonna have to lug everything around and really tailor my list to the opponent.

I've been going magic heavy lately and having access to the lores or metal and fire will probably make me stay magic heavy.

My list may look like alot of core units with maybe three specials and a rare in a 2K game. Characters look like they may eat up some points and might even go without a lord choice if the here choices are good enough.
bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve...
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

I still want to use my Beastmaster on Manticore and my Beastmaster on Pegasus......

So I'll probably go for a Beastmaster list.

Of course this is depending on this new "Master" entry....... so I can't really say for sure.....
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....