Manticores and beastmasters?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Hasdrubal
Warrior

Manticores and beastmasters?

Post by Hasdrubal »

How will beastmaster riding a manticore be in the new edition? There's been so much talk about the new army book and I've heard about the hydra w/ its beastmasters but I dont think ive read anything about this flying terror-causer. Anybody know anything? link me to a post about it? Thanks!
DE: 17 Wins 9 Losses 6 Draws
3 Game Winning Streak!
9-2-1 with new book
8-7-5 with old book

"Forget the wounded, step over the dead, and fight on."

-Hasdrubal
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

No more beastmaster heroes, and I'm not sure if you can actually upgrade a beastmaster to go with your hydra.

Good thing is that both masters (nobles) and the new witch elf heroe, the death hag, can ride them now.
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Yup, Manticore becomes general Hero Mount so just convert the rider a little (or not, the model is quite nice as it is for me)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I saw somewhere:
Master” The Beastmaster is gone. No longer there as either a character or an upgrade. Instead the new "Master" is the new generic Hero with more upgrades than you can shake a stick at.

So I understand that you can take a Master as simple (and cheap) as possible with the Manti as a mount, possibly he would need a strange tool to handle the beast. There is how you keep using the former beastmaster w/manti.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}