Your favorite special character.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Emal
Executioner

Your favorite special character.

Post by Emal »

This has probably ben posted a million times.
But with the spearhead out and with it new rules i thought i might as well post it.

Who is your favorite dark elf special character and why?

Now i dont have the new army book since im low on cash this month but i can still post my reason for loving this character.

My favorite special character has to be Malekith himself.
And why?
Beacuse his back ground is just too darned lovely, nothing spells villain like his background :P

PS: I soooo hope he is still in the new list.
For the druchii
No one
Noble

Re: Your favorite special character.

Post by No one »

Emal wrote:PS: I soooo hope he is still in the new list.

he is: there are some pictures on the german gw site and on one of them you see malekith and his rules.
however my favourite is shadwoblade, just becouse i find it so cool that he's still very young and already the best assasin ever to be trained.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Got to agree with Emal, Malekith is the coolest DE character :) He is Druchii embodied (both fluff-wise and ruleswise ;))

Kouran and Tullaris are nice too. Pun intended ;)
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

My favorite background wise has never made it to the book, that being Furion. Shadowblade is great, but I think I would have to go with Kouran.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Emal
Executioner

Post by Emal »

no one wrote:

he is: there are some pictures on the german gw site and on one of them you see malekith and his rules.
however my favourite is shadwoblade, just becouse i find it so cool that he's still very young and already the best assasin ever to be trained.

Think you can post a link plx? ;)
For the druchii
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

I think I'll have to say morathi, just the peggy and magical ability
Kristo
Noble

Post by Kristo »

Malekith is a 3 times looser I guess he hasn't inherited any of his fathers merits(If hi is son of Aenarion indeed) if it wasn't for the brightness of Morathi druchii would have been long gone by now Malekith is totally what we call in Greek a Malakas!

With that being said My favorite character fluffwise is Morathi after all she's the true ruler of nagarythe behind the blanket...erhmm the curtains I meant :P

Malus on the other hand is cool... a true killing machine with regards to fluff pity that's not translated in the tabletop as well. Shadowblade is ok but I prefer the brutal face to face and "honorable... oh well as honorable as can a druchii be although more honorable than those cheap HE with their filthy Tyrion the cheap trickkiller ".
'And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch uppon every land.'

Single combat I await
My shadow brings them fear
The spikes upon my chariot
Will grind them when they're near...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Definitely Morathi. :D

Bye
Thanee
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:My favorite background wise has never made it to the book, that being Furion.

May I ask you wherefrom you've got some info about Furion?

Anyway, my favourite druchii from the background is and ever will be Malus Darkblade. He is what beeing druchii is all about... and don't forget, in addition he is a bit madened ;)

If I have talk about my experiences from games, it is definitelly Tularis from Har Ganeth. I just love it beheading stupid dragons when I get charged just after the charging army general has killed himself (I'm really good on 5+ throws :P ...though I do really bad at 3+ :roll: )
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Morathi definitely,

She is the reason why Druchii are what the are.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

Hellebron. Always my favorite. Hey, we are KHAINE's children, not those of that trumped-up pseudo-sexual Chaos wannabe-god.
If Highelves are a pain in the butt, you are facing the wrong way!
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Well, the rules for most of our special characters suck hard.

But as far as the fluff goes, for me, it's a toss up between Shadow Blade and Mengil Manhide. The former is such a finely honed killing machine, a terror in the night. And the latter is just a batsh*t crazy homocidal psychopath.

Malekith is quite compelling too. He *is* the story of the druchii, the center of gravity around which the schism occured in the first place. I just really love the tragedy of a rightful heir to the throne denied his birthright because of his questionable upbringing... That in an attempt to prevent a potential disaster, the Asur essentially brought upon themselves an even worse calamity. Good stuff, that.
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

no one wrote:

its already been said but can you post a link to these pics please?
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

Morathi. She's like the woman everyone wants to marry, beautiful, smart, powerful, independant, unscrupulous, conniving, ambitious... ok well maybe those last few are slightly less desirable in a partner. But she casts magic too and magic is cool!
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Toss up between Morathi and Shadowblade.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:My favorite background wise has never made it to the book, that being Furion. Shadowblade is great, but I think I would have to go with Kouran.

I could wrote the same 8)
Excidium666
Shade

Post by Excidium666 »

I'll go with good old Malus Darkblade for his twisted (yet clever) mind :)

Thanks
High elf is an elf after all, therefore he deserves a quick death...
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Spite, Malus' Cold one (smart cold one for the win.)
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

Once again Furion is my favorite fluff wise but as he never seems to make it into the bokk I'll say Malekith.
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....
Ayeril
Dark Rider

Post by Ayeril »

Furion, hope he will make it to tue rulebok somtime in the future
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In Naggaroth, the nature is so harsh that nobody dares to dispute our homebase. So we are free to roam the entire world.
There are those who regret good old time in Ulthuan :( and try to restore the past. We corsairs see the present situation as an opportunity to go around the whole world and make all other races feel our might.

The raising idol is obviously Lokhir Fellheart :twisted: , a self-made DE, a leader for the future! Soon the taverns will echo the stories of the new masked hero! !cool!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Silar
Cold One Knight

Post by Silar »

Wow nobodies mentioned Rakarth... well Rakarth is my favourite, due to his well known beast handling and his fluff who would've thought a young druchii, besting his father at breaking the will of one of the great black dragons. If only GW remake him that would be sooooo cool...
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Nobody has mentioned Tullaris either... But he's soooooo awesomely cool 8) 8) 8) ... not only is he the typical Dark elf, his background is (despite its disturbing qualities) somewhat funny... raiding a village because he didn't like the name of it :lol: ... pretty sick, yes. But then again, in a way it is funny, much like the fluff behind orcs - violent and uncivilised, but funny.
And the other thing that just makes him über-cool is his axes... elves with axes... :shock: 8) that's just awesomely cool. I have such a nice conversion of him (made from an executioner champion) that I can't wait to field him with the new rules.

Tullaris forever... but Kouran comes pretty close, and so does Shadowblade (he would have been my favorite by far, but he doesn't have an axe :twisted: )

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I'd have to go with Shadowblade as he is like a Bloodthirster in a elf body and a little sneakier... ;)
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6