Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Morathi :evil:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

probably Malus after reading the series based on him, though shadowblade is by far the coolest assassin ever - and morathi isnt far behind those two. But if i had to meet one, Morathi ;)
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Tullaris has my vote. Shadowblade may be what I field most often just because he's so bloody effective but Tularris and his big axe have my vote.
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

Shadowblade is my favorite because I've always liked the look and fluff of assassins, can't wait til GW actually makes them worth taking. I should point out though he is not like a bloodthirster. T3 No Armour and W2 not to mention he has less Strength. But he is damn cool.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Eltharion the swordmaster.. he is so full of hatred that you would think he'd probably become a tragical hero. He reminds me in some way of a Druchii. Damn pity he is again sold as the Warden of Yvresse in 7th edition.

Edit: After reading the initial post, I realised it concerned only DE character. I choose Malekith as the same reasons mentioned for Eltharion. Malekith is only an even more tragical figure, blinded by his hatred and so confident of the unjustice that is invoked on him. Moreover, he rides a black dragon. ;)
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Elven prince
Dark Rider

Post by Elven prince »

Eltharion the swordmaster...

He would be my pick as well, but since the topic is limited to only DE I'll go with Tullaris.

Beware the Beast of Pirates Bay!
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Elven prince wrote:
Eltharion the swordmaster...

He would be my pick as well, but since the topic is limited to only DE I'll go with Tullaris.

Thats why I pikdd Malus' overgrown igwana (although if I had to pick, Tullaris is pretty cppl,and so is the beastmaster special charecter.)
Alasanii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alasanii »

I think Kouran would have to be my favourite, just because the idea of him. I just love a good strategist.
A mistake is only pointless if you don't learn anything.
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

Shadowblade in gaming terms and damage potential.

Rakarth or Malus for fluff.

I wanted to go for Tullaris or Kouran or...

Hell, they`re ALL pretty cool...
Be happy, and ye shall be wise
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Malus Darkblade.

Anyone else read Dan Abnett and Mike Lee's books?
Just great. :twisted:
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Lonely shade
Beastmaster

Post by Lonely shade »

Tossup between Lokhir Fellheart because he reminds me so much of Dr. Zoidberg (which mind you, I am intending to convert him too - link here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=680783#680783), and Beastlord Rakarth because I can totally picture him as a pimp and a pack of Black Dragons as his bitches. :D

Seriously though, I like Rakarth because the image of a beastmaster riding a chariot pulled by Black Dragons is just so awesome. Perhaps a conversion for me to pull off later...

- Lonely
"You boys look pretty clean cut, but then again you could have murdered your grandmother with a hammer..."
Aginor26
Executioner

Post by Aginor26 »

Malus Darkblade. He's fueled more DE hero conversions than any other model out there, and he's just plane badass. :lol:
"Walk softly, and carry a big gun."
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I want to hear more on Rakarth and Lokhir before I make my decisions, oh and Hellebron.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

The GW site has some background on the old (not in the 6th Ed. book) special characters (not on the new Lokhir, apparantly).

Rakarth
Hellebron
Kouran
Tullaris
Shadowblade

Bye
Thanee
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Tullaris is just fun and since his KB ability can kill anything, it's just funny to see the face of an empire player that sees his Steam Tank being KBed! ;)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Yeah, I've read those juicy bites, but thanks for the links anyway. :D
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@Khel
Not much is known about Lokhir Fellheart.
His last name is suggestive. Could be a nickname.
His first name sounds relative to the scandinavian god Loki, who was the master of treachery and deception.
He has a title:
"Lokhir Fellheart, Captain of the Tower of Blessed Dread."

The mask hiding his face, the fact that he comes from nowhere and nobody ever heard about him before bestows a lot of mystery on him.

For sure he is the hero of all corsairs. He must have travelled in many places and sacked many cities.
Obviously we will rely on the story written in the new book to know better about him, both fluff-wise and rule-wise.

As nothing is sure, he is so far just a legend.
So you were right to say:
-----------------------
Khel
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:11 pm
I heard a juicy bit of information that Lokhir Fellheart (the Dread Pirate) has the ability to use magic and give his troops the ability to breathe underwater. How awesome does that sound? Just picture huge groups of corsairs stepping into the icy cold water and then reappeared in the center of the enemy docks and firing their hand bows stealthily before darting back underwater.

Corsairs are certainly getting better however these shall be the units that will shine.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 am
When I said Lokhir can make his corsairs breath underwater, I meant in fluff terms.
--------------------------------
Let's build up and add on this legend, this is how legendary people go!

Below is some info I was able to collect about him on D.net.
=========================================
Picture on bottom of thread below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... r&start=50
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.p ... characters
I see Lokhir gets a title too "Lokhir Fellheart, Captain of the Tower of Blessed Dread."
Creepy Thing Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 am
The so called squid face is actually a mask in the shape of a kraken not a squid, if it literally was a squid face im sure they would have painted it differently, note how it is painted with a metallic hue. There is a magic item that he carries called the Kraken mask or something.
Anyway its a kraken not squid.
Here is something that need confirmations! Form warseer.
Lokhir felheart (has red blades, giving him + atk for each rank the unit he is fighting has, he regens, causes terror, he has an ability allowing him to move from combat, to anywhere else in combat as long as he is base to base with an enemy afterwards (same combat), when his unit runs an enemy down you are awarded 2x VPs and keep them even if lokhir is killed)
From Warseer (since not reported by DE players it might not be 100% accurate):
Quote: Lohkir Fellheart wears the helm of the kraken which makes him cause terror. He has a rule where any enemy overrun (possibly by his unit, can't recall) is taken as slaves and is worth double VPs.
From Warseer
-new special character And the special character has some very interesting head gear. The special character is not anyone you have heard of before, in any previously published GW material. He has headgear that looks like a squid. Makes him look like Cthulu. He wears a Sea Dragon Cloak, carries two blades that are painted bright, glowy red (assuming they are magical) one in each hand. He is on foot. His moniker with those of us who don't know who he is, is "The Cthulu Corsair".the Cthulu corsair does not look like Davey Jones. I suppose you could paint it that way, but the helm is painted in gold/bronze metalic and really looks like a helmet. The rest of him looks classic corsair. Hence the Cthulu thing, not a Davey Jones thing.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Crawd wrote:Tullaris is just fun and since his KB ability can kill anything, it's just funny to see the face of an empire player that sees his Steam Tank being KBed! ;)

Not quite anything... unless the opponent is not familiar with the rule!
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=54556
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

you can't kb war machines! not even tullaris, though tullaris can kb monsters....

Best Special character: either Morathi or Hellbrone...
Voodoochild1985
Warrior

Post by Voodoochild1985 »

I like Hellebron. When I first started playing warhammer in 5th edition, she was nasty. I used to play against a Dark Elf player...I wanted them. And that's how my army started.

I also like Morathi.

Not sure which one I'd use assuming you can only use one or the other in the new rules (like in 5th edition). Hellebron was nasty with frenzy, the Death Sword: strength 10, 9 attacks cause of frenzy (back when it was double your attacks), 8 strength 10 cause of DS, 1 from parrying blade which was -1 attack from your opponent regardless if you hit or not. But Morathi has the magic which is handy. Hellebron is scarier for those with steamtanks mwahaha.

Any confirmation that she is actually in the book before I get carried away? I read that the Everqueen and the Maiden Guard were making a comeback in the 7th edition High Elf book...which turned out to be wrong.
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

1) Shadowblade
2) Kouran
3) Malus
4) Malekith

I wish Darkblade's rules reflected his power in the books. In my dreams he could go toe to toe with Tyrion. They already crossed blades once in background material. In WD story, Malus was chopping down the Everqueen but Tyrion jumped over a bunch of DEs and parried the killing blow.

I'm interested to see Malekith's rules, I heard they got tweaked a little. I have a hard time deciding between a High Sorceress or a Highborn, so if Malekith has some defense against magic weapons this edition, I might take him.
Hate is my weapon.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Yes, Hellebron is back in the book.
One character that I believe doesn't get a reappearance is Beastlord Rakarth
Other than him we get all 5th edition specials back and one new fellow (Cthulhu Druchii)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

Lamekh wrote:you can't kb war machines! not even tullaris, though tullaris can kb monsters....

his current rules at the gamesworkshop site say that he can slay everything with his killing blow, exept swarms!
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Tyr
Slave on the Altar
Location: In the wake of Malus' ever growing trail of corpses

Post by Tyr »

I have to go with Malus Darkblade (and his faithful yet sarcastic retainer Haluclir). I've been a fan of Malus since the beginning, I used to read the old graphic novels before the books came out (which as of now is probably one of my favorite series) Dan Abnett just really paints a picture! Malus ftw
When life gives you lemons... Blood for the Blood God!!
Masterofdarkness
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Masterofdarkness »

haluclir is so god damn funny. Definitely have to go with malus
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?