The new book summary, as reported by Milney

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

extremor wrote:its obvious that the really useful items are at 30+ so champs cant equip them!!! reasonable but unfair *cry*

darstar cloak is for the user only - it's senseless to give it to a champ (it's 25 points now). leaves seal of ghrond... i guess you are right - this may be the resson, but i can give these null shards or the ring to a champ if i want magic protection - seal would not make a big difference, or? :?

lifetaker for 30 points is ok, have no problems with that... but useful combinations for level 2 sorcs are a problem (maybe not existent?!) if you want something else than scroll or a stone
At last, we will have revenge...
Koon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Koon »

Saithis wrote:lifetaker for 30 points is ok, have no problems with that... but useful combinations for level 2 sorcs are a problem (maybe not existent?!) if you want something else than scroll or a stone

With no max on PD used an extra spell leaps to mind :P

Kim
Maeson
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Maeson »

I also thank you for this rumour round up. I was looking all over. I am happy to say that my old 4th Edition army has gotten twice as good from what I have seen here. I just got to see the official rules for the COB and that will be that.
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

I have a question that I haven't seen answered yet:

Does Malus Darkblade finally get his Sea Dragon Cloak? Is Spite keeping his 2 Attacks?
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Does Malus Darkblade finally get his Sea Dragon Cloak? Is Spite keeping his 2 Attacks?

From what I read I thought that there were no changes for Darkblade. That implies that there is no sea dragon cloak and that spite keeps 2 attacks... (although, being a hero, I guess he will only have two wounds...)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

Hmm, well it says 'pretty much' unchanged and this would be a small little thing that few people would look for in the list. If anyone has the book or can see it at their LGS will you check this out for me? Please?

Edit: you know what, never mind. I can wait a week to get the book and just see for myself. Thanks anyway though.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

VonKrieglitz wrote:I have a question that I haven't seen answered yet:

Malus Darkblade does not get his Sea Dragon Cloak unfortunately, but Spite still has his 2 attacks :)
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

I was thinking, if it says that ALL Dark elves can cast PoD, then putting DSC on an elite champ maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea? You could get an additional caster haha.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

If that's the case, I think they should initiate a massive breeding program involving Spite as the main stud for the next book in 5-8 years.

We get Cold Ones that aren't stupid and have 2 attacks, and Spite gets laid all the time. Everyone is happy.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

VonKrieglitz wrote:If that's the case, I think they should initiate a massive breeding program involving Spite as the main stud for the next book in 5-8 years.

We get Cold Ones that aren't stupid and have 2 attacks, and Spite gets laid all the time. Everyone is happy.

Awesome xD
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Masterofdarkness

Post by Masterofdarkness »

Well it was posted that we might get cheaper powerstones(20points?) so maybe combine that with lifetaker or take tome of furion with it. Darkstar isnt as necessary now that we have mega powerdice phases, still a really good item though
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

masterofdarkness wrote:Well it was posted that we might get cheaper powerstones(20points?) so maybe combine that with lifetaker or take tome of furion with it. Darkstar isnt as necessary now that we have mega powerdice phases, still a really good item though

This is a good point. With the access to extra dice PoD will provide Tome of Furion is looking to be a must have. But the Dagger and Focus Familiar are so good. It will be quite nice to have to struggle with a choice of worthwhile magic items for a change.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

Mordru wrote:[ It will be quite nice to have to struggle with a choice of worthwhile magic items for a change.

Amen to that. There is a struggle in every section of the Magic Items, and not to mention the Temple of Khaine items too. I'm relieved, if this book had turned out crappy I think I would have imploded.
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

I'm still trying to imagine just how retarded a Dark Elf list might be with 4 spell casters, one of them a lord... I mean, I just can't imagine having to fight something like that.

I love it. :D
Masterofdarkness

Post by Masterofdarkness »

32 power dice a turn man, 32 power dice a turn
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?
Agelmar
Corsair

Post by Agelmar »

From the sounds of it the master's mount options don't have any real limits, so I was wondering what you guys thought of the option to take a Master BSB /w standard of slaughter on a Manticore /w lance, shield, heavy armor, and SDC. You have a strong unit who can win combat with a high modifier now, especially if you negate ranks with a flank charge. It also would allow you to win even if they did the challange and tie combat route that is often used against dragons.

What do you guys think?
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

I like it. He is still a T3 elf but assuming normal (boring I know) terrain of hill, wood, hill, wood + something he can be hidden from shooting in the early turns. Frenzy if he misses a leadership test can be managed more readily since he is a large target flyer and will usually be able to pick from a choice of targets. Get him in the flank and you have a flying hero level character that can break ranks.

This combo may be hell on opponents in games below 2,000 pts.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Eluiasur
Shade

Post by Eluiasur »

No GOP ... sword of caledor + potion of strength: hhhhmmmmm.....
(okay maybe overkill if both used on charge... but an elf with S10?? thats awesome!)

on topic:

About 3 pages ago it seems some people were taking it for granted that execs had 2 attacks. Is that taking into account the COB special rule?

If i understand the +1Attack rule the COB gives ... its like giving the hydra banner to any unit we choose every turn (excluding the added attacks on mounts)?

Are we gonna see non-COB lists?
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

EluiAsur wrote:Are we gonna see non-COB lists?

Mine won't have one until I can think up a decent conversion.

I'm not gonna field something that looks like a ride from Spooky World.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Eluiasur
Shade

Post by Eluiasur »

lol i meant any non-COB competitive lists ;)
I have never used one because it was so withc elf specific but these rules just seem so good... You dont need to have a khainite army to have an effective army with COB... Its just funny to think of a block of Corsairs dishing out 15 attacks with KB LOL (16 with Champ).
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

My humble guess... 80+% will not have a Cauldron.

Bye
Thanee
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Mr. Anderson wrote:

From what I read I thought that there were no changes for Darkblade. That implies that there is no sea dragon cloak and that spite keeps 2 attacks... (although, being a hero, I guess he will only have two wounds...)

HUZZAH!

Major change i noticed was that if spite is in a unit of cold ones they do not suffers from stupidity either.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

The Griefbringer wrote:

Mine won't have one until I can think up a decent conversion.

I'm not gonna field something that looks like a ride from Spooky World.

Yeah, The Eldar Avatar in place of the dopy looking statue or possibly in a howdah on the back of the new hydra, I will have to see what inspires me.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

The cauldron is going to be absurdly easy to convert from every day objects. All you need is a small ornamental cup and a few plastic skulls/nasty bits and greenstuff candles.

Simple.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Future modification of this thread's first page

Referring to "General FAQ": http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=2504
quote: "THREE - No Illegal Content …Please note that posting costs of individual items in your army lists is against our rules.… " unquote.

The book is not for sale until 2nd of August (iaw GW website, at least the French one). Until then, I can consider that all the indications posted came from rumors that cannot be confirmed by open sources (people claiming that they have the book in hand are not open sources, although they are probably reliable sources).
But when the book, covered by copyright, will be widely available, the situation will change. At that time, there will be a mean to confirm the rumored data, or to modify the data that will prove to have been erroneous, hence the thread will not be anymore considered to be made of rumors.

In order to stay within Druchii.net rules, my intention is to remove from the first page any pts indication, some time late in July, before the new army book is officially released.

Thank you all the contributors of this thread, direct or indirect.
The time for speculations and hints is soon gone.

Soon will come the time for: ...drumroll...
The Living Book of Art of War for 7th ed. Druchii
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=55429
where brainstorming, experiments and analysis will keep us busy and help us dominate the lesser races!

Calisson

PS. That will be my last post as a Corsair... :cry:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}