The new book summary, as reported by Milney

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Masterofdarkness
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Masterofdarkness »

Wait so did milney say that the banner was 35 or 25? cause that makes a big difference
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?
Faulkynn grom
Corsair

Post by Faulkynn grom »

The ASF Banner is 35 pts. and is only available to BG, CoKs, and BSBs. Sucks, yeah, but one of the few things that does so I'm willing to let it go.

FG
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yeah, that banner is really sad, as it would instantly make Executioners viable and Witch Elves supercool. :)

Bye
Thanee
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Would make it a no-brainer on Execs, so now I'm 50/50 on AP banner or ASF banner for a nice block of BG's
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

Thanee wrote:Yeah, that banner is really sad, as it would instantly make Executioners viable and Witch Elves supercool. :)

Bye
Thanee

Viable Executioners?! Blasphemy!
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

bernh do you mean milney's info had some mistakes or what you listed has some? o:

Milney's info has some mistakes and I have listed right. Sorry for weird grammatics but English is not my native language :)

It may have been updated since and I will be more than happy to receeive and share up-to-date information.

I made it in may last post, but you want to see 'good' news, but not 'right', as about 2nd handbow for corsairs :)

Before I change my posts, I need you to quote accurately what is your source (please provide link): was it Milney himself on a more recent post? Someone else as reliable?

I myself have seen new book. I don't able to give you a provelink - it's a 'firsthand' info.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

bernh wrote:I myself have seen new book. I don't able to give you a provelink - it's a 'firsthand' info.

OK ;) Good enough for me: first-hand info, I could not ask for better.
Could you please have a careful review of all this thread and either post the changes to make or send me a mail?
I would apreciate to know whenever you are 100% sure because you knew it was litigious, or if it is less positive. I will mention the info is edited by you.
That would allow everyone to have a handy and accurate reference.
Thanks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

So.... CoK are S4, that's good but..

CoC Crew is also S4? That's just amazing :D

The chariot truly got a huge upgrade for a very small 3 extra points.

Ld9 instead of Ld8
3+ Armor instead of 4+
S4 Crew (still got spears?) instead of S3 +Spears

And no ridiculous RxB option I hope haha, still can't believe they added that for the chariot at 10 pts in the 6th ed book...

I'm gonna need 1 or 2 more chariots, only have 1 for now.
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

SilverHeimdall wrote:Would make it a no-brainer on Execs, so now I'm 50/50 on AP banner or ASF banner for a nice block of BG's
I think that will depend on whether or not you are using a CoB in the list and if you intend MSU or a big block, also if you know your opponents army. I'd tend to think w/ CoB do a big block, give them ASF, then give them +1A or KB. MSU maybe AP and go hunting, try to flank charge with them.

Just a thought - your feelings?
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

This has saved my brain from the ridiculous overloaded pages of the other rumors threads. Although I have a suspicion this may hit the same problem in the future. But if this is all the information, then it shouldn't be bogged down with posts, yay.

Well my friends are gonna hate my executioners even more now! and our new RxB and RxBP (?) will help us dominate the shooting phase (unless we're against dwarfs or empire...)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

SilverHeimdall wrote:I'm gonna need 1 or 2 more chariots, only have 1 for now.

They are nice, but only 1 for 1 choice, and there is quite some competition for those slots with COK, Shades, BG, ... ;)

Bye
Thanee
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

I've heard a couple comments implying that the Ring of Hotek now goes off not only on wizards casting spells withing it's range, but your units being targeted by spells within that range as well. Is this the case? Could someone in the know say some more about how exactly this item works?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Ring of Hotek - Any spell cast from within 12" of the bearer, or at a point within 12" of the bearer will automatically miscast on the roll of any double.
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

I've heard a couple comments implying that the Ring of Hotek now goes off not only on wizards casting spells withing it's range, but your units being targeted by spells within that range as well. Is this the case?

Not only your units - any target within 12". Very good item for fluffy khainite army :)
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Oh, and it also completely negates IF then (with that wording, it sure does)?

Bye
Thanee
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

Dark Alliance wrote:Ring of Hotek - Any spell cast from within 12" of the bearer, or at a point within 12" of the bearer will automatically miscast on the roll of any double.

Wow, that's insane...
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Dark Alliance wrote:Ring of Hotek - Any spell cast from within 12" of the bearer, or at a point within 12" of the bearer will automatically miscast on the roll of any double.

That sound heaps good. But also heaps expensive... did the cost change? Otherwise I'm afraid it'll be one of those no-brainer choices which will quickly give our army a slight flavour of cheese :P

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

brentrb wrote:Well that's some good new then... despite the fact that I still think the mechanic is kind of silly. I would have preferred to retain Dominion, for sure.

I bet you'll change your mind the first time you kill a mage or expensive HE champ with magic item with this spell...

That's awesome. Expensive?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The new book summary, as reported by Milney

Post by Calisson »

Calisson wrote:For further comments, please keep on filling in the Rumor Discussion Thread, not this one.

I just updated the thread with info brought by bernh.

Please guys, if you want to discuss, do it on the appropriate thread.

If you have more information to bring to this thread, you're more than welcome to do so, but just solid info, not comments nor speculations about future tactics nor nice combo nor whatever.

Thanks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

DA, is it your experience as gametester, or someone has it seen in the ultimate new book?
[edit: I see that bernh confirms.]
Last edited by Calisson on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

Oh, and it also completely negates IF then (with that wording, it sure does)?

I think I read a discussion about that in the rules section a while back. The general consensus was that the IF does indeed happen but the wizard suffer the MC instantly after. Hopefully, it will be on the wording though...

[edit]: Sorry Calisson, did not see your last post before posting myself.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yeah, but that was about the old Ring of Hotek wording, which specifically states that when IF is rolled you resolve both the IF and then the Miscast.

Anyways, Calisson is right, of course... Discussions should go into the other thread. Sorry! :)

Bye
Thanee
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The cost of the Ring of Hotek is 25pts. Which I have stated on numerous occasions.

As for whether I'm a playtester or whether I have seen the book...
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I think the Ring just replaced the seal as the first item on my list.

I can see why you put it on your black guard!
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

My biggest concern about now is whether we'll be able to mix stuff from Gifts of Khaine and Magic Items (both common and DE specific) on 1 character. I still can't figure what Character type is limited to what item options.

Dreadlord and Master can't choose upgrades from Gifts of Khaine? Or they can but cannot mix them with Magic Weapons? What about an Assassin? Death Hag seems about right to be "Gifts of Khaine only" but I wish for other characters (especially Dreadlord) to be able to combine items from both lists.

Ok, it is pretty much confirmed that an Assassin could use SoS Cloak with Shurikens and Potion of Strenght. The 1st two items are Gifts and the third one is an Enchanted Item... I'm confused.

In short I wish to know if I can combine Rune of Khaine particularly with any of the magic weapon ;P That would be fairly imbalanced IMHO.
Game Designer. At last. Period.