The new book summary, as reported by Milney

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

If there is no mention of it then no they are not bought as special choices.
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

I will go with you on the assassin-sprinkling, Ripper. As for Malekith - the rules are a bit unclear, but since you have to take out an item randomly, I would still consider it a very dangerous gamble to send him into CC against someone with more than one magical item - first and foremost special characters, as they tend to have 2-3 or even more of them, always including a magical weapon.
If Highelves are a pain in the butt, you are facing the wrong way!
Silashand
Warrior
Location: Somewhere between confused and clueless (Colorado, USA)

Post by Silashand »

brentrb wrote:Well that's some good new then... despite the fact that I still think the mechanic is kind of silly. I would have preferred to retain Dominion, for sure.

Agreed. Dominion was far better when used correctly IMO. I agree the mechanic for Bladewind seems strange. Since it counts as CC attacks, does that mean it doesn't randomize when cast at things like war machine crews?

Cheers, Gary
Gaz taylor
Dark Rider

Post by Gaz taylor »

I would have thought so, but I'm interested wherever it can be cast into combat as it could be useful as a backup for support units particularly against pain in the bottom WM crews like Dwarfs! :D
stuffem, tankem, ammeram

My Ramblings - http://the-gt-files.blogspot.com/
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Just catch than in initial post stated that Hag can take only 25pts. gifts of Khaine. Actually she able to take up to 50pts.
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

I think that post meant the Hag champion, as opposed to the Hag hero. :P
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

€: Oops, wrong thread.
Last edited by Cenyu on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caboose
Warrior

Post by Caboose »

Calisson, thank you VERY much for taking the time to compile this thread!! I began to go through the 40 some odd pages and was beginning to seem a bit daunting. So thank you much!! Reading all this has me VERY excited about the new book!! :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi all druchii fans.

The thread "The new book summary, as reported by Milney" has just been updated with solid info. A few clarifications, adding some minor missing data. Some unexpected info.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

There is still some hidden treasure left for us to discover in the actual book, the magic item list is not completely unfolded in the thread, there must be some rules not posted, and, of course, a lot of fluff and illustration are still to be read with delight.

I guess that we have enough to start thinking seriously about strategy and nice combos without risking to loose too much time, the information we have now seems to have gotten very close to the real one.

Looking formward to read (write?) plenty of new creative concepts.

By the way, I noticed that D.net rates me now as a corsair! what a nice compliment!
:D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Greystone
Warrior

Post by Greystone »

Do assassins have asf only on the turn they come out of hiding, or every turn?
No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.
Horsehead
Slave on the Altar

Post by Horsehead »

Nice work on the compilation.

I sent you a pm regarding some confirmations and clarifications on various things you have listed.
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Oh thanks for all of this Calisson! Hopefully I will get to see the new book tomorrow hehe.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Sir_stenz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sir_stenz »

Now, is it possible to have a witchelve BSB with CoB?
Ichiyuken
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ichiyuken »

So, Hag Queen has ASF? humm ok,ok...
Murmandamus
Noble

Post by Murmandamus »

Can assasin be challenged or we are free to attack enemy characters unbothered?
Zeth wrote:sorc on a highborn is not a good unit option
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

Hey Bernh, thanks for all the input, really fleshes out the new book and allows many of us to start preparing lists to be ready for conquest on July 19th!

I have a request, could you clarify how Destroyer (Malekith's weapon) works?
If I understand it correctly:
If you wound, on a 4+ you destroy a magic item. Then randomize between magic levels and magic items (so another 4+). Then randomize the items themselves (which are limited to Magic Weapons and Armour I believe).

I ask because this would make Destroyer decently sucky, as 75% of the time it does nothing at all (4+ to work at all, and on another 4+ it does nothing to a character with either no Magic Levels or no Magic Weapons/Armour). If you could just quell my confusion here...

If it at least ignored armour saves like Hand of Khaine did!
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

I thought as described that you choose weapon or magic level, so 4+ then randomize.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Horsehead wrote:I sent you a pm regarding some confirmations and clarifications on various things you have listed.

More information!
Hero stats. Hags dont get ASF as previously rumored.And double check for rest of thread, improving its reliability.

Thank you Horsehead.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Now, is it possible to have a witchelve BSB with CoB?

There are no restrictions about this. I think, possible, but there are too many good banners for BSB...

So, Hag Queen has ASF? humm ok,ok..

No, she hasn't. There are missed error in the summary post. An she can lose her frenzy also.

Do assassins have asf only on the turn they come out of hiding, or every turn?

Always.

Can assasin be challenged or we are free to attack enemy characters unbothered?

He is a character... Yes, he can be challenged.

If you wound, on a 4+ you destroy a magic item. Then randomize between magic levels and magic items (so another 4+). Then randomize the items themselves (which are limited to Magic Weapons and Armour I believe).

All items affected. And 2nd randomize made if only enemy has magic levels and magic items.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Calisson wrote:By the way, I noticed that D.net rates me now as a corsair! what a nice compliment! :D

And so fitting. :)

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Calisson wrote:Web of Shadows (50pts)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who decided that this was a reasonable cost for this item (which was pretty bad at 25pts already, though at least remotely usable)!? Or is it not One Use Only anymore? It better should be! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

All items affected. And 2nd randomize made if only enemy has magic levels and magic items.

Ok thanks, that's much better then!
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

VonKrieglitz wrote:

Ok thanks, that's much better then!

Yet patently worse than how it used to work... Good luck wounding that tooled up dwarf lord, whose items you need to destroy before you can start wounding him.
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

Thanee wrote:
Calisson wrote:Web of Shadows (50pts)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who decided that this was a reasonable cost for this item (which was pretty bad at 25pts already, though at least remotely usable)!? Or is it not One Use Only anymore? It better should be! ;)

Bye
Thanee

If it way that way it would be a very funny thing but on the other hand: 50 points is a lot for just some S3 attacks...
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

Does Black Horror allow armor saves? Additionally, Null Shard can be bought multiple times for the same character only or multiple times for multiple characters?