Cold one knights

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Pug
Slave on the Altar

Cold one knights

Post by Pug »

Received my spearhead today and I have been looking through the army book.

It seems the Dreadknight can take 25 points of magic items. There is an item called pearl of infinate bleakness for 25 points this makes the character and unit immune to psychology. Would this override the units stupidity or is Malus Darkblade the only way to rid the nauglir of this annoying habit?

Also the Cold one knight entry says they have the eternal hatred special rule does this confer to their mounts?

Any imput would be great thankyou for reading.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Immune to psycology does not work that way have a look at your BRB. ItP just gives you immunity to fear, terror and panic.

If you have the book their should be some language in their detailing the eternal hatred rules.... and the mounts are effected.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Pug
Slave on the Altar

Post by Pug »

Thanks for the reply Mordru.

Bah never mind. Malus seems to be a very expensive investment just to make the unit not stupid. Will just have to risk the ld 9 test!
Dullmentalracket
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dullmentalracket »

considering hes basically a lord as soon as he takes his potion i dont think hes too bad on points.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

The hatred granted by Eternal Hatred, is passed onto the mounts - whilst its not in the rulebook under hatred, the rules outlining how psychology interacts with character's mounts have been extented to cover normal units as well. Its in the errata on the official GW pages.

Seeing as my spearhead hasn't arrived yet and you're looking for equipment for a Dreadknight - have a look at the Gem of Nightmares and see if it grants Terror to Fear causing units, or if its just fear for things that don't have either. It could mean that should stupidity catch you out and something wants to charge, you could activate the gem and make fear causers take a Ld test to charge you or even cause normal troops to run away without having the fight the combat.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

It does say in the new book that hatred applies to the mounts as long as their riders are alive.
Pug
Slave on the Altar

Post by Pug »

Thank you for all the replies. They have been a great help to me.