A shout out to DA: Will there be a second wave?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lonely shade
Beastmaster

A shout out to DA: Will there be a second wave?

Post by Lonely shade »

DA (and I suppost Voodoo too), do either of you know anything about a second wave of releases for our line (hopefully covering all our special chars)?

- Lonely
"You boys look pretty clean cut, but then again you could have murdered your grandmother with a hammer..."
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Yes I do know.
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

Will there be a 2nd wave then (this year or the next, or even in 2010), DA?
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

My lips are sealed on this one unfortunately.
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

Well, I take that as a "yes" then. In Finland we say: When a man doesn't reply, the answer is yes".

Although it wouldn't bother me that there wasn't a 2nd wave, because I'm celebrating the fact that we get new DE after all this waiting in a few weeks! :)
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

It's too far out. There isn't even any specifics on a second wave going as far back as the High Elves, so it's doubtful they'll be in the next year to say the least.
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

How'd the new model count stack up b/w HE and DE spearhead? (I don't keep up with those filthy Asur well enough to know, except for their rules).
Lonely shade
Beastmaster

Post by Lonely shade »

Alright, but DA you have to promise you will let us in on the secret once (if?) the day the second wave is to come out nears.

...I'm not quite sure that makes sense, so let me reiterate: Tell us (or just me!) when/if it is gonna happen once we are within a week or two or the date. Ok DA?

- Lonely
"You boys look pretty clean cut, but then again you could have murdered your grandmother with a hammer..."
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

There will be. I have seen pics of the new dragon sculpt, new orc wyvern and new kroxigor. I take this to mean there will definately be a second wave, no clue as to when though. The joy of not signing confidentiality contracts :D
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Dark Alliance wrote:My lips are sealed on this one unfortunately.

Well, the only thing that I can foresee getting redone at this point would be the Dark Riders. They are starting to get a little long in the tooth... Especailly considering they are one of the handful of models in the entire GW range that date back to 5th edition!

There's a rumor floating around on Warseer that there might be some kind of Cavalry release next year that might cover numerous armies. That would be kinda sweet... Maybe we'll see some Dark Riders then.

I wouldn't mind seeing our warriors get a revamp, too... but I won't hold my breath on that one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and we have a butt load of special characters unaccounted for, too...
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Post by Rogue-gladiator »

There will be. I have seen pics of the new dragon sculpt, new orc wyvern and new kroxigor. I take this to mean there will definately be a second wave, no clue as to when though. The joy of not signing confidentiality contracts

My understanding of the Black Dragon sculpt was that it was something that Trish had said she sculpted for fun, more or less. GW may produce it anyways though- it's a great model.

Which brings me to an interesting question that's been milling around my head. The new Dragon that GW put out for the High Elves is on a Chariot base. Are we to expect all future dragon models to be placed on a base like this?

Specifically, is the black dragon required to be mounted on a chariot base now?
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

You can mount models on the base they came with as long as it was an appropriate model. A giant can either use a 50mm base or the new giant base, since the old giant, using the correct base, is only a normal 50mm base.
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

The Trish Dragon is not a Black Dragon. It's just a Dragon. If it's released it will likely not belong to any army and be a collectors model.
Aginor26
Executioner

Post by Aginor26 »

Wouldnt you be gimping yourself by putting your dragon/giant on a larger base? Gives your opponent a larger flank charge arch and bigger frontage on the sides.
"Walk softly, and carry a big gun."
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

exactly what i was thinking, GW need to issue a specific size base all dragons/wyverns have and stick to it, instead of changing so often nobody is sure whats right.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

GW tradition....base sizes all over the yard. It has gotten better then tanked again in terms of consistency. You can understand how changing "official" base sizes can screw with older models but why do they have to keep releasing new models with vastly different bases sizes that some that are in the current range?

5th edition transition to 6th edition was the worst in my estimation. My metal chaos marauders went from 20mm to 25mm base size. What a pain to change out all those infantry bases.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

The trish Morrison dragon and wyvern sculps wont be released as GW couldnt come up with a way to make the moulds for them.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

and your certain?

I admit the dragon would make a sweet black dragon - if thats not the case, i hope they make an even better one!! :)
Coldeyes
Corsair

Post by Coldeyes »

i just plan on defiling that high elf dragon for the great desires of the druchii :twisted:
Blood and souls for Khaine!
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Hmm... DA already confirmed new Malus Darkblade didn't he?
I'd imagine Kouran, Hellebrone, Tullaris, Malekith might be getting models (on foot and mounted for the Crone and the King).

BSBs would be fun too you know!

And other than that... o: New cold ones for the chariots? Plastic Cold one Chariots?
Harpies that don't look like fuzzy-chested women?
Dynamic Dark Riders 'à la' Glade riders?

Different Warriors?

We'll see!
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

Could we get pictures of thes Trish sculpts... I've yet to see them.....
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

The owner/manager of the local GW "partner" store seems to have an idea that there will be a new chariot as well as a new manticore...enough of a hint that he put alot of things on 50% off to clear inventory. This from a man that only ever puts on a sale once a year at 20% off. With that in mind, I would speculate that there will more than likely be a second wave of things we haven't even considered yet. Jervis Johnson had mentioned at GD that there was something of a snafu at GW when certain people proposed the idea, and it was acted upon in spite of sculptors saying it couldn't be done, that new models could be virtually created on computer and sculpted /molds created, all by machine. Apparently the sculptors were correct and the program was trashed. Such a situation could be the reason behind second wave delays and certain models not being present in the new book. Time will tell.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

almundis wrote:There will be. I have seen pics of the new dragon sculpt, new orc wyvern and new kroxigor. I take this to mean there will definately be a second wave, no clue as to when though. The joy of not signing confidentiality contracts :D

I fail to see why new Dragon, Wyvern & Kroxigor sculpts have anything to do with a second wave of Dark Elf figure releases (when it seems clear from the context that the Dragon is not Dark Elf-specific).

I'm more inclined to believe that the relative paucity of new figure releases (only two plastic kits and a bare-bones smattering of character models for a range that was already hurting in those areas) are more indicative of financial trouble at GW (given the purported higher expense and slower ROI [Return On Investment] that plastic sprues produce). From a marketing standpoint, it would be more sensible to release a second wave of models fairly hard upon the first wave, to capitalize on the "band wagon" effect and increased fervor in the hobby community that the release of a new army book produces.

For my own self, I'm also interested to see if there will be any Online Exclusive Dark Elf models to help supplement the range (as this appears to be the new way of doing things...).
Jaqtaar
Cold One Knight

Post by Jaqtaar »

SilverHeimdall wrote:Hmm... DA already confirmed new Malus Darkblade didn't he?

If you're thinking of the same threadas I do, then no. He was referring to the new sorceress.
Druchii! Hear my voice!
Let your blades be keen! Let your hearts be iron and your thews steel! Let your grim visors be the last thing that the scum of Ulthuan see in this life!
In the name of Naggaroth and the Witch-King ...Charge!
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I don't think there would be a new dragon at all. When the High Elf one came out There were posters in my GW saying: "not just for High elves, look at our conversions!" with a conversion for each army on the poster. So I would be surprised if there was a new dragon (certainly wouldn't be disappointed though...)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior