DE- What Future Brings

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Quakeboone
Slave on the Altar
Location: Somewhere in the dark... searching for the switch to know where exactly it is

DE- What Future Brings

Post by Quakeboone »

Finally we're in the great position of a race that actually can fight on 7th ed terrain. I think the book brings some awesome changes but i wonder how long we will be one of the favorised races (lol can't believe that i say something like that... about DE :shock: )

In general there are some tendencies to be seen in 7th ed

units are getting cheaper, while also being better than before
This started with Orcs and Imps and i think the best example for it a VC, that now can afford their core choices. HE got ASF and the option to take only 2 core in 200o pts, which makes up for the still high prices, and Daemons, well those are elites in disguise :?

Characters are stronger
there have been some new and great items, magic has been improved, mount options increased, etc.
But i alos think that they are more vulnerable than ever, as almost every new armybook includes a method to single those strong guys out of a unit.
Orcs and DE with a spell, Imps with shooting, well VC and Daemons have to deal with that with KB and insane characters, poor guys...

there have been vast improvements on other scales as well (monsters, shooting, Flyers for everybody) that somehow seem to balance the others

So now finally the question to discuss:
How long do you think will our new glory last?
The other books will be improved and what we have seen up to now shows us that there is already a lot of competition.

Feel free to flame me for starting such a vague thread :)
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

Okay, if this madness (in my eyes) goes on like that, then the druchii will be glorious but only if you play nasty armies. i.e. a frenzy BSB will break your neck always after someone find's out about how to lure it. Due to khainite special rule a lot of flexibility gets lost. And in some points of view the new AB is even a step back!

On the other hand people will hate you if you field some sorceress with the Blade Wind (depends on luck) and the poor dwarf/emperial looses a warmachine or two each turn. Or when some Blood knights get beheaded (or so) by WE having a KB due to the Cauldron.

However, I'm a bit afraid, that races, that were VERY strong until now will gain some power again- imagine Brets that are even more powerful than now!
In my store TK and Ogres are considered as the weakest armies at the moment (has to do something with the habbit to field at least 2 lvl.2 sorcs on 2000 points). I really look forward to those two 7th ed books. TK having finally really reliable magic would be cool. And Ogres having a bit less expensive core choices.

Another trend I've seen was the go back of necessity of wizzards. The empire has their priests, VC the vampires of course, HE have some funny items.
I think everything is going to be more CC-based in the future. But let's see what awaits us ;)
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Sloth2983
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sloth2983 »

i am sure the dark elves will be up to par with other 7th edition armies until GW feels they need to make some more money from us and come out with 8th edition. so we have some time befor that happens.
God put me on this earth to do one thing, to kill you all, or maybe not, only time can tell.
Elven prince
Dark Rider

Post by Elven prince »

How long do you think will our new glory last?

I don't care how long it will last, but for now I'll rejoice for very bad things are about to happen.

Beware the Beast of Pirates Bay!
Quakeboone
Slave on the Altar
Location: Somewhere in the dark... searching for the switch to know where exactly it is

Post by Quakeboone »

Yeah i do agree that we'll be tough enough to deal with most armies, but i still feel a bit discomforted by the idea, that we'll be reduced again to only a small range of lists, that do actually work. I think on the long run especially shades will prove to be awesome elites and probably more assassins will appear as they are very flexible in which unit to hide. Still love the idea of a really strong character in my scouts.
I didnt't want to make it sound as if there were no chance for us in future, but as with the previous chaos release and VC we can already observe that there is strong competition.
And i somehow feel like that there will be not as much room for our infantry as it seems now.

But we'll see that soon. i'm looking forward to massacre VC :)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

IMO, the HE, VC and Daemon books all stand against each other with this new power boost. We will do the same. I have heard some stories about HOC and Lizzies and yes they are going to be hard, but these new books seem to be able to stand up to each other.

So to answer your question, I think this new list has the flexibility AND the longevity we will need.
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

The Druchii will reign supreme!! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag