Lokhir's secret

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Riker666
Executioner

Lokhir's secret

Post by Riker666 »

In his page in the bestiary, he has got a heavy armour, but not in the army list.
What should we assume?
Sorry if someone noticed it earlier...
Count zero
Cold One Knight

Post by Count zero »

i'd assume he had heavy armour.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

We can assume that, and the model clearly shows some armour. But I see that dumb guy at some tournament who would think otherwise...
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Until an errata says otherwise I'd go with heavy armour. Its just a mistake in the book, and either item can be the intended one. So until GW says otherwise I'd go with the most advantageous option.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Gustav
Dark Rider

Post by Gustav »

i'd say go with the heavy armour it says it in bestiary which is more specific then the army list any way so thats what i'd do, plus its obvious he's wearing armour
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Suggested FAQ for GW..................... Collecting questions for a coming FAQ
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

It's quite simple, if there is a difference between the list and the bestiary you go with the bestiary, it even says so in every army book I have (which does not yet include the 7th ed DE book, but does include a number of other army books)

Many units have special rules which are fully described elsewhere in this book. These rules are also summarised for your convenience in the army list.

[...]

Bear in mind that these descriptions are not necessarily exhaustive of definitive and players should refer to the main rules for a full account
Orzing
Slave on the Altar

Post by Orzing »

Hiii, i´m new on the forum, i´ve got the spanish army book, and he got the heavy armour in both, the army list entry and bestiary. :)
Kalgalath
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kalgalath »

orzing wrote:Hiii, i´m new on the forum, i´ve got the spanish army book, and he got the heavy armour in both, the army list entry and bestiary. :)

i was about writing that, confirmed spanish book gives him heavy armor on both places
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

In the Italian book it's clearly stated everywhere that he has got heavy armour so you are probably wrong.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

I've read the English one, I must wait some days to have the translated in Italian one. And I've already seen something I don't like at the gw store regarding the translation...
Balestrino? Lama che para? wtf
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Don't worry, translations away from English are always crap. Remember that publisher in your country is not some big company, most often it's the biggest independant retailer, or one who offered to do the translations... so their funds are not big, and they can't really afford translators who will do it right.

It's basically pointless to buy translated book as in any rules disputes you are supposed to look into original one... so it's really only there to draw in new people who don't know english too well
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Dalamar wrote:translations away from English are always crap.
(...)
It's basically pointless to buy translated book as in any rules disputes you are supposed to look into original one...
I cannot concur with your statements:
- I've found so far only excellent quality in any GW army book translated into French (I don't want to speak for what I don't know, especially with negative statements, so I mention only French). The translator hired by GW is obviously a good professional, as I can testify so far.
- In most countries, there is an official language, and usually it is NOT English. During a tournament, the translated book IS the reference book used for rules disputes. The rules may slightly differ from the English original book, they are still official and stay so until GW publishes an errata.

I can find uses for the original English book in countries where English is not the official language only in some specific cases:
- when there are inconsistancies between two paragraphs in the translation, so as to determine which one must be discarded (I heard it happend with the German edition - unsure if other translations are similarly flawed);
- when playing abroad, in countries where English is the official language (never did I);
- when discussing in English language Internet forum (but practice and a glossary can help to cope without).

Oh, by the way, reading this thread, I can see hints that the English original is not necessarily flawless, contrary to the translation into Spanish or Italian where the error was spotted and corrected...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Okay maybe my sweeping statement was a bit too sweeping... but I can only speak from my experience with Polish translations

Calisson wrote:I cannot concur with your statements:
- I've found so far only excellent quality in any GW army book translated into French (I don't want to speak for what I don't know, especially with negative statements, so I mention only French). The translator hired by GW is obviously a good professional, as I can testify so far.

Lucky you... Polish translations are riddled with typos and outright rules changes.

Calisson wrote:- In most countries, there is an official language, and usually it is NOT English. During a tournament, the translated book IS the reference book used for rules disputes. The rules may slightly differ from the English original book, they are still official and stay so until GW publishes an errata.

While in Poland you get Polish and English books, and if a dispute occurs the English one takes precedence.

Calisson wrote:I can find uses for the original English book in countries where English is not the official language only in some specific cases:
- when there are inconsistancies between two paragraphs in the translation, so as to determine which one must be discarded (I heard it happend with the German edition - unsure if other translations are similarly flawed);
- when playing abroad, in countries where English is the official language (never did I);
- when discussing in English language Internet forum (but practice and a glossary can help to cope without).

Or when translation is so bad it's not even worth admitting your country actually has one

Calisson wrote:Oh, by the way, reading this thread, I can see hints that the English original is not necessarily flawless, contrary to the translation into Spanish or Italian where the error was spotted and corrected...

Flawless no, but it's the version played by most of the world and as such most widely known and FAQed
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

I've read the English one, I must wait some days to have the translated in Italian one. And I've already seen something I don't like at the gw store regarding the translation...

I thought you already got the italian version and in that book the sentences are uniform.
Balestrino? Lama che para? wtf

Don't you like them? ahahahah
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

I thought you already got the italian version and in that book the sentences are uniform.

Cribbio, I should have been pretty high to start a thread about it with a book which doesn't show the error :shock:

Don't you like them? ahahahah

No, I don't like them. Maybe "balestra a mano" occupied too much space on the army list :twisted: