Druchii Alliances

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kerilium
Warrior
Location: Killing this High Elf will not fix my bathtub, but it will make me feel a hell of a lot better!

Druchii Alliances

Post by Kerilium »

Well i was just remembering how many battles i have played where alliances have been made between players (saw a team battle 2 vs 2) and how alliances didn't seem to be proper amoung the history of the races.
eg Orcs + Empire vs Dark Elves + High Elves.

So it got me thinking...what would be every Armies most favoured alliance
eg Bretonnia and Wood Elves in the same area or Dwarves and Men against the Orcs.

i would also like to hear you views on who the perfect Druchii partner would be. i was thinking the Lizardmen as they don't live too far away (map wise) and we have already enslaved the Cold One.

Just a thought...
They are only our enimies whilst their hearts beat! War cry of Keriliums raiders of the Black Arc

remember my precious Witch Elves in life they are our playthings. in death our decoration
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

chaos dwarves, vampire counts definately,chaos (not deamons),and rarely but not often, skaven. Lizardmen hate us usually but they are like skaven to us, we dont care about them,they dont care about us.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Ka'tala
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ka'tala »

HE and empire vs VC?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

In our campaign my DEs are allied with Khemri :mrgreen:
Kerilium
Warrior
Location: Killing this High Elf will not fix my bathtub, but it will make me feel a hell of a lot better!

Post by Kerilium »

well i remember reading in White Dwarf that we DE tought Khemri all the dark magic they know (then they killed us - evil bums learned treachery off of us too!)
They are only our enimies whilst their hearts beat! War cry of Keriliums raiders of the Black Arc

remember my precious Witch Elves in life they are our playthings. in death our decoration
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

chaos warriors (we summoned them, didn't we?)
Khemri and VC (without us, they woulnd't even excist)
Lord dalamar do'urden
Morathi's Champion

Post by Lord dalamar do'urden »

i normally ally with v.c. or orcs.
phil
all will love me and fear me.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Dark Alliance wrote:In our campaign my DEs are allied with Khemri :mrgreen:

Actually this is historically correct as well.

Also alliances with VC, Chaos (especially vs HE), Tileans, O&G.

Definitely no with HE, Dwarfs (never trust an elf), Skaven, Bretonnian, and Woodelves.

Possible: Empire, Lizardmen.

DE don't seem like the best of allies because... well we tend to look down on everyone else.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

I think that DE and deamons would go well since we probably summoned them, DE and chaos dwarves as we both have an fondness for slaves, DE and orcs as they are easy to trick into sacrificing themselves, DE and undead as we made them, and skaven and posiibly empire as there could be some surcomtsances where they would ally, and on VERY rare occasions dwarves as we both hate High Elves, thats about it for me.
Last edited by Drasanil on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Nordic
Beastmaster

Post by Nordic »

I was just wondering why the Empire possibly form an alliance with us?
What kind of circumstances would drive them into doing this?

And by the way the dwarves don't really see a difference in HE and DE (or WE), for them were just elves.
Srovex
Beastmaster

Post by Srovex »

I dont think we summoned chaos warriors as Z'ganh suggested... didn't Aenarion save Morathi from chaos warband when they first met?
That is my Avatar! Dont you dare to took it!

Si vis pacem para bellum
"If you want peace, prepare for war"
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I said Empire because I see them as having variable morals with colonial tendencies.

I can see us joining with them to attack Lizardmen for example.

However since they are humans, DE would tend to try and use them for cannon fodder most of the time if possible.

Also some fluff seems to be tugging at my mind about an Empire DE very very very minor alliance over some issue that I have forgotten.

Really I think anyone allying themselves with DE would have to be either very foolish or very naive. :D
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Gillies
Warrior

Post by Gillies »

uhhh, other Dark Elves?

Maybe Khemri but I thinks the most acceptable (fluff-wise) army for an alliance with DE would have to be Chaos Dwarves. The reasons, in my opinion, are that Chaos wants to take over everything, including the DE, both the undead armies just see like they wouldn't ever ally with anyone except other undead.

Just my thoughts.
Azurious
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Azurious »

in general i think that any army would have a hard rime allie with us druchii quite simply from the point of view that once they have out growen their worth we would,
disspose of them. thats just from a fluffy aspect. in game terms same as the majoraty of other posts, basically most of the evil races :D
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

I dont think we summoned chaos warriors as Z'ganh suggested... didn't Aenarion save Morathi from chaos warband when they first met?

i haven't heard about that story, but in the AB on page 60 under 'the great ritual' (story 'the founding of Naggoroth') it says:
"now malekith, determined ot defend his kingdom, called the wisest sages amongst his followers, and prepared a great ritual. He planned to unravel the Great Vortex and summon the very legions of Chaos to earth, and bind them to his will"
But as in the same story in the beginning there is the war against Chaos, in which is stated that they fight against the minions of chaos, i suppose that there first were only deamons and deamonic beast, and that the chaos Warriors were summoned by the DE later on.
Kerilium
Warrior

Post by Kerilium »

i felt that we Druchii created the deamons - letting them pass into our dimesion when Morthri and the like used dark magic. (Something i read in the AB). this deamons fled North to where the winds of maic come from and the magic energy they had stored in them created other deamons and affected the tribal men who lived up there - turning them into mutated savage beings (Maurauders) and strong magic enhansed fighters (warriors)

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I wold say that the most common alliance is with Chaos.
It is said in our armybook that we are allied with them even after thier poor performance in Ulthuan a few years ago.
Cuthbert
Corsair

Post by Cuthbert »

Lets get this straight, DE don't like Chaos. They spend half the time defending against chaos. In the "Great Ritual" the DE summoned chaos (daemons) because the believed that the could control them and use them, much like some Inquisitors in 40K use daemonhosts. All that the warriors are are humans who now follow chaos. These include the Norse because a lot of the Norse lands are living under the shadow of Chaos!
CASE CLOSED!!
Thought for the day:
"The end always justifies the means"