Missiles For Corsairs

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Caiaphus
Corsair

Missiles For Corsairs

Post by Caiaphus »

Evening my fellow Druchii players.

After a long hiatus, I am back. Maybe some of the older people will remember me (Probably not, I didn't contribute much when I was posting...) I left the graceful, evil Dark Elves to fight with the Empire, by Sigmar's side. However, no longer will the proud men of the Empire suffice!

After the revamp of the Army Book, I decided to give my first love a go, and they are slicier and spikier than ever. I am really pleased with the new book. Also, the new models are amazing, if a bit single posey..but, we can't have everything can we?

But, onto the point of this thread. Do people give their corsairs crossbows? I would like some more ranged firepower, (shooting stuff is always fun) but I would also miss that extra attack in close combat. What do you other more experienced generals do?

Caiaphus
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

I think this has been covered before but anyway.

Hand xbow, while being relatively cool, don't give xtra attacks and have little firepower.

Corsairs - with two hw - killer combat unit

Corsairs - with xbows - not that good combat unit with a very limited ranged ability.

Hope this helps. 2hw ftw =D
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

See thread: Crazy RHB idea?

Funny, I have the same journey in WHB: I inherited a starting DE army which I grew a little, I got disappointed by the difficulty to handle them, so I turned to Empire which is pretty much the opposite (warmachines, horde, cheap magic, powder weapons, no monster), and presently I rejoice to benefit from the new army book.

Back to your question: I just bought my new corsair unit in order to make a 100pts rhb unit: they can bunker in a building and occupy 1/4 table, they can harass and bait, and they can babysit a sorceress.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Calisson wrote:See thread: Crazy RHB idea?

Indeed. Therefore I'm locking it, thread pointed above isn't so old to suspect necromancy ;)

If anyone disagrees, feel free to PM me.
Druchii Discussion moderator.