Skulltaker

Post by Damnedscorpio »

What can we use in a dark elf army to make skulltaker short work
new dark elves have been great to me prepare for the cold one charge
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

if he's on foot. don't even bother, he'll be useless.

if he's on jugger a good shot from a bolt thrower will be enough
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Overdrivemt
Slave on the Altar

Post by Overdrivemt »

In my opinion, the best way to deal with Skulltaker on foot in a unit, is just refuse the challenge. Outside of a challenge, Skulltaker loses all of his nasty toys. Now this is not alwas possible, but if you end up with a normal block of say even warriors.. let the unit champion go to the back and poke the crap out of him with your pointy sticks!

If you're looking at taking him on with a dragon or something, forget about it.. in a challenge (unless you have asf and KNOW you can kill him) he is very brutal.
Damnedscorpio
Shade

Post by Damnedscorpio »

hmm does the hydra have a chance agenst him. I think he cant challenge it so it only brings me to does skulltaker have flaming attacks?
new dark elves have been great to me prepare for the cold one charge
Gorenut
Executioner

Post by Gorenut »

damnedscorpio wrote:hmm does the hydra have a chance agenst him. I think he cant challenge it so it only brings me to does skulltaker have flaming attacks?

Yup.. he has flaming attacks whether he challenges or not. Also.. his killing blow works on things of all sizes.. the only thing I'm unsure of.. does it only have that effect if he's challenging (like the 5+ killing blow he has) or does he always have killing blow against all sizes?
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

no - his killing blow against everything is only a challenge skill, same as the 5+ KB.

Outside a challenge its normal KB for him - so no beating up on hydra
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Static Combat Resolution

Basically, surround him and hit him with a big infantry block. Sure, he'll deal some kills, but he won't be able to kill enough to win combat. Then, he goes poof, no more deamon, no more problem.
Entreri bloodletter
Assassin

Post by Entreri bloodletter »

The problem I had with him was that he was in a unit of Juggernauts and that was a tough shell to crack. Shooting his 'bodyguard' can work but its not foolproof.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Killing blow him, same as for all tough heroes. That's what the cauldron is for, or if you'de prefer, a dreadlord on a manticore with the dreadlance... should get past his ward save. :twisted: It's high risk, but this is the DE we are talking about. Lowest risk would be a master with the pendant and a great weapon given kb by a cauldron. I've held the skulltaker up with this guy for about 10 combat phases in the last 2 games I've played (if I had the cauldron nearby, I bet I would have killed him).
Swab
Cold One Knight

Post by Swab »

I just got back from a local tournament and played against him.

He is pretty nasty, he ate a executioner champ, black guard champ, and two assassins. Unlucky rolling on my part and 2 lucky ward saves on his.

Usually, if you just give your guys killing blow, you should be able to put out enough normal attacks to slaughter him. I killed him with a squad of witches on his flank. There was no champ and with 9 killing blow attacks, he was dead.

KILLING BLOW is your friend against any character.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Yesterday I played Demons with Skulltaker and 2 Juggernaught body Guards. I killed the Guards from shooting crossbows at him, then the ST killer 10 crossbows, but then I hit him in the face with a nice shot from a Bolt Thrower (single shot).
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Skulltaker dies from challenging Dreadlord with Soulrender, AoD and PoK. I've done it.
Sanity is highly overrated
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Definitely, PoK messes up with Skulltaker's killyness. Unless your lord is mounted on a monster... then the Skulltaker just kills the monster and wins by combat result - fear - outnumber.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Thomus darkblade
Shade

Post by Thomus darkblade »

Assassin. Additional hand weapon, rune of khaine, touch of death, black lotus. That ought to sort him out.