What unit size for shades?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Endra divini
Shade

What unit size for shades?

Post by Endra divini »

Good day all. I have just painted up 9 shades and plan on using them in my next list. The only problem I am having is deciding on the best unit size for them. I was thinking either 5, 7 or 9.

What do you think?

cheers.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Hulkster
Beastmaster

Post by Hulkster »

I think 7 is the best number

not too big so that the unit is easy to see/kill/hit, not too small so it stuggle to kill/annoy

overall i think 7 shades fully tooled up with weapons is the best number and armament.
I love you
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

im gonna have to say 9 is more of a better number caus if the enemy commander wants those shades dead there gonna die seeing as they have no to little armour and at least with 9 there gonna take down a couple men wih them
If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask someone else first.

Khel wrote: I mean come on. He had WS9 and they gave him a "Sword of Lame Anus Cheese"?

Mr Shadow wrote:In fact it's just like making love; down, left, turn 45 degrees and engage rotor
Shiakhan
Warrior

Post by Shiakhan »

If that the numbers you want 5 easier to hide, 7 will all get into combat with 5 wide infantry, 9 can be used as a nice moving fire base or body guard for a sorceress.
Necrah
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Necrah »

I usually like 5 or 9. With 9 you can still lose 2 and not suffer a panic test, and 5 you can lose 1 and still have a similar result. I also like to run 8 sometimes and put a hero in there to bring up the number.
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
-Lord Vraneth the Cruel