Creating a Tournament army...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Old_crow
Trainee Warrior

Creating a Tournament army...

Post by Old_crow »

This will be my very first WFB tournament ever. My question is, how should I go about selecting an army for competetive gaming? What things should I consider? I am not asking for someone to build my army for me but just point out some food for thought. I am entering mostly for the fun of it and really don't think I'll place anywhere near the top.

The tournament is 2000 points and no comp restrictions that I am aware of.

Thanks for your time!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I suggest you to build your units taking into account:
The D.R.A.I.C.H. Boot Camp - best setup for any Druchii unit

A pile of bricks does not make a building, and a random selection of optimized units does not make an army.
In addition, you need, of course, to build up together your units in order to make your army balanced and effective.
When you've assembled an army in the style that suits you, I recommend to pass it through the filter of balance:
D.R.A.I.C.H. The balance of an army. A theoretical approach.

Afterwards, let me know how it worked out so that I can update these two threads for future use!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I could consider taking a look at Calisson's thread, but also the army list forum where there are TONS of tournament lists.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Is this a no-hold-barred tournament or a friendly tournament? If you can, ask other people who are going how soft their lists are and go from there.