Warpsword

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Mrdark12
Shade

Warpsword

Post by Mrdark12 »

hey guys,
I'm personally a really big fan of the Malus Darkblade books, a major reason I got into the Dark Elves (that and Malekith is amazing).
Warpsword is my favourite of the novels because of the inclusion of Cult of Khaine and the Executioners, but I have noticed a few errors.

Where is Hellebron and the ruler of Har Ganeth and some other things, I was wondering if anyone had any theories or explanations for why they are missing?
Kabbala
Warrior

Post by Kabbala »

Because the fluff from the tabletop game is not necessarily in line with the Black Library novels, whether WHFB or 40K.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The Dark Blade books are notorious for changing/missingout background material. Best just to ignore it and enjoy the mindless elven violence of it all.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

Drainial wrote:The Dark Blade books are notorious for changing/missingout background material. Best just to ignore it and enjoy the mindless elven violence of it all.

Sounds like good advice to me
Yeasir
Shade

Re: Warpsword

Post by Yeasir »

MrDark12 wrote:hey guys,
I'm personally a really big fan of the Malus Darkblade books, a major reason I got into the Dark Elves

I agree! The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade is some of the best fiction I have read in a long time! I am on Warpsword now and am loving the background on the executioners and other Khainanites. I actually had the same question as to where Crone was, as she is my favortie DE Lord. Even if she would have made a "cameo" that would be more satisfying than not seeing her at all.

That being said, I have a great respect for Malus now...I only wish he was a more viable choice for table-top gaming.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Things might have changed as well since the time of writing. With almost thirty years and eight editions under it's belt, Warhammer has changed, reareanged, and gone back forth on fluff more tims than not. The books may have been filling in the gaps at the time of writing.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

saintofm wrote:Things might have changed as well since the time of writing. With almost thirty years and eight editions under it's belt, Warhammer has changed, reareanged, and gone back forth on fluff more tims than not. The books may have been filling in the gaps at the time of writing.

Not in this case however, at least not on this issue.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

The Malus Darkblade books were written at the time of the 6th Edition Army Book, and they're closest to the mood and style of the fluff at that time, but that said there are still some clear places where fiction and army don't match. That's why you can't field a unit of Endless or use Nagaira as a special character. Well, not in GW sanctioned fashion, anyhow. I think if you search around someone has probably designed both here at some point :)

Novels aren't strict canon, so I go with Best just to ignore it and enjoy the mindless elven violence of it all. myself :D Basically army books filter through into novels but novels don't patch into army books, except on the rare cases someone thinks "that's neat" and adds something from a novel to the next edition.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Mrdark12
Shade

Post by Mrdark12 »

Shame we didn't get the Endless, I preferred them over the current Black Guard, which were in Lord of Ruin if I recall as the elite warriors of the Tower of Ghrond.