Where did everyone go?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Ashwinz
Shade

Re: Where did everyone go?

Post by Ashwinz »

Same here. Long time lurker, occasional poster. I took a long break after 2010 when the rules changed on me, and I found myself playing against VC and a nurgle tzeentch WoC a countless number of times.

I got back into the hobby recently, as all three armies I play over both 40k and fantasy are getting, have received, significant changes. (Space Marines, Tyranids, and Dark Elves)

I miss my msu style of play, and joined a gaming group that follows trends. Mass VC, Empire, and High Elves.

I'm not about to horde out , pun clearly intended, but rumors have really gotten me excited for fantasy again.

I see a lot of familiar faces, so hopefully after a good release, we'll have some great ideas and meta-shifting strategies to share with one another.

I also just heard about the Chapterhouse and GW law suits. Couldn't they have just 4+ it?

Peace.
Choombatta
Warrior

Post by Choombatta »

Dalamar wrote:There's only one way they won't be cheaper (because spears cost premium). That is if the rumored swordsmen can wear heavy armor. But my oh my what a great core would that be.

If it follows the Lizardman book, they will be the same price, like Saraus Warriors. Come base with HW and shield, upgrade to spears for free.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

When the army got good, posts got less frequent. People didn't need the help anymore. When we sucked, though, this site was amazing.
Shadoer
Dark Rider

Post by Shadoer »

I just logged into my account after years of absense and I was thinking the same thing.

Shame to think that a competative army book hurt the site so much.
There is no such thing of defeat, just the postponement of victory.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Come on!
The affluence is lesser than it used to be, sure. But the site managed to remain cozy, if I may trust many a comment.
It is a permanent challenge for the oldies (in RL like in there) to get newbies to take the burden.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
MangoPunch
Noble

Post by MangoPunch »

I am new and learned of the site when Shawn at BTP mentioned it in one of his bat reps. Has anyone considered doing some outreach? Could even be as simple as setting up a comunal or by submission youtube channel that is dark elf battle reports and painting tips.
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

I pop my head in but pretty much finished play WFB and the new book has generated 0 interest apart from looking to sell my models. I have moved away from WFB and now mainly play WM/H with a smattering of Bushido/FoW and soon to be Godslayer and Malifaux.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Dracopl
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dracopl »

IMHO druchii.net may loose some visitors because of main page design ( and if not, this is annoying anyway ).

There is no clear and visible link to click and enter the forum. There is only little link in the left menu (Index page). There should be big upper case link in top menu under the logo. Also the breadcrumbs is wrong, because on main page 'Portal' it is showing now ( Portal » Board index » ) which suggest you are in Board index, but you are just in Portal ».
Draco
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

I've been gone for a long while. I never got into Dark Elves in 8th edition and moved onto other armies (I missed my MSU/MSE list).

That being said, I'm excited for the new book and look forward to getting back into them. They were my first army when I started playing 18 years ago and so I will always love them. I hope that Assassins are worth it in the new book because they were what originally drew me towards the army.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

I played DE back in 6th and then took a long hiatus. Came back to Warhammer just this year and popped back in after I decided to get back into it. Playing Skaven in an Escalation League in my local GW and wished I knew about DE coming in Oct or I would have chosen them. :P Ah well... still going to get my pre-order on. CoB and two Hydra/Charybdis boxes for one of each. (still have an old metal hydra) Gonna wait for the Witch Elves though to see how many come in a box.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I have been off playing Orcs and Vampires since 8th edition but now may be making a return to my beloved Darkies when hopefully some of the units I own might come popular again and the must have units I don't have might no longer be necessary to be competitive. :)
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I'm normally on here most days, I don't post too often but I like reading what everyone else has to say.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Nice to see a few familiar names on these pages. Hi to you. Especially nice to see LionofFlanders is still painting superbly!

I guess the new book will bring new interest. It's already generating new content. So that's nice. I will be keeping my eyes peeled. And hello to all of you new guys who said hi :)
Pleased to be back
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Thread is about to get... Harry up in here. :P
Always nice to be back on Dnet. I basically didn't play fantasy for the last five years or so. Switched to 40k, and even then just started to pick back up on it in the last year or two. School, work, video games and life somewhere in between. Ready to start playing fantasy regularly. Eager to fix and paint my beloved Druchii. So glad I kept my Cult of Slaanesh, I knew it would pay off. That's more than I can say for my 8 RBT City Guard list, haha.

We can always rely on a spike in site activity around the time we're due for a new book eh? ;)
*edit*
Devils reject wrote:I'm normally on here most days, I don't post too often but I like reading what everyone else has to say.

/dance
:D
Urian tarkand
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Urian tarkand »

T.D. wrote:
Urian tarkand wrote:*waves* I'm still here

Best 2nd post I've ever seen !lol!

LOL

Well, I don't consider myself to be a good general so I read to learn instead of write to teach ;-)

And I painted and played mostly WoC the last years. But that's getting boring (the playing).

This afternoon I'll pick up the new army book.

I suppose you will see more posts from me as I intend to paint and play my beloved Dark Elves a lot more from now on.