New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by Saintofm »

Here's my two cents on magic:

Lore Attrabute: not bad. It fits with the lore.

I like the new power of darness, as it aids the wizzard as well as the unit. Yes, there is a good chance it can cause a wound, so yeah, make sure ypu have soul stealer or healing potion on hand.

Doom Bolt: While I would have like extra range, but normal 2-12 and boosted 4-24 S5 hits is always nice. So the difficulty doesn't bother me with stats like that.

Chill Wind: (counts down from ten so this does turn into a vicious, hate filled rant). They nerfed it. WHen I started the game it was S3, 30 inch range, and if it made ONE unsaved wound, no shooting attacks could be made.

Go to 7th ed update, and we have 24", S4 and the same rules. I missed the 6 inches, but liked the strength improvments. In both cases, it was 1D6 worth of hits.

Now: 2D6 S2 hits, 24" range, no boosted variant. While it is super easy to cast, the negative to it is a -1 to balistic skill.

A. This limits it to none warmachien shooty units and bolt throwers. Granted the former is much much more common and in much larger numbers, but the options were nice!
B. Even with 2D6 hits, you mean we have to get that lucky 1 wound on T3 shooty units and the T4 variety, pluse the occational T5+ unit riding a chariot or monster, or is in fact the monsterous/monster unit? Wonderful.

Word of Pain: Largly unchanged. The D3 just makes it better.

Blade Wind: This one I think its actually gotten better. It targets everyone in the unit, not just the 3D6 in the old version. The Weapon skill test is a nice touch, definitly makes it easier in this rule set then the last one.

Shroud of dispair: This should be interesting. This might make some good havoc on Low LD enemies, good chance on moderate LD enemies.

Soul Stealer: I have mixed fealings on this one. I will miss the target everyone in the unit and the can be cast in close combat on purpose, but oh well. I still think it's gotten better when it comes to the wounds you can regenerate. Yes, it's a half a chance now instead of an auto regain, but it allows the user to grow to 10 wounds past your starting is not too shabby, and since it ignores armor, perfect for heavily armored units.

Black Horror: Why you remove panic? NOOOOOOOO.

Other than that, I still like it and figured this might how the rules would work.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

Trax wrote:Oh my gosh. He posted pics, and if the new black horses aren't the worst... did they breed them with rabbits? What's up with the teeth?^^

Not a fan of the riders either (but I don't need those anyway), but the warlocks don't look much better. Hm. What do, what do...

Black Guard looks good to me and executioners better than expected, even though I still might try to get 7ed metal ones. The normal chariot looks pretty good, the other.. well, it's okay. The horses look still ridiculous, though. As for the fleetmaster.. I have no words. The concept is absolutely... horribly... stupid. Like.. Skycutter-Stupid. What if he *EVER* during his lifetime as a *pirate* that doesn't just dwell on frosted earth and ships but god forbid on normal, humid ground? Right, he'd sink right in and be stuck there. Up for grabs. Gosh...

Where abouts are these pics posted?
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

strategem wrote:
Where abouts are these pics posted?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... ost6934850
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

I think your magic has a great potential. All these low strength but 2D6 spells/attribute can be quite dangerous to any units with relatively low armour save. The thing is you can add to the damage you do with other means.

Word of pain + bladewind will remove a lot of models. Similarly, word of pain + horror. Shroud of despair is awesome, I agree. Think about it when you have Sisters involved in combat too. Suddenly, your huge ranked enemy has no staying power, no BSB, no ranks, nothing. Poor Skaven :)

Yes, it is harder to cast but I think you would agree 2D6 S5 is way better than S4. Besides, you have a way to generate more dice too so whatever more you need to cast that magic missile can be obtained. And if you do cast it, it is also harder to dispel.

I am jealous for shields for dark riders. Although I am happy not to have these models :D Shades still seem to be the best scouts in the game :-P Ah well, it will be all sweeter to beat an army from the under dog position again :mrgreen:
Krueger1981
Trainee Warrior

Post by Krueger1981 »

With a shadow/dark set up + 1 unit of warlocks the amount of debuffs we will have available I doubt the sisters would get there bonus +1 much. Word of pain, miasma, withering, -strength spell, and soulblight. Thats a ton of debuffs + the usual fightyness of de units.
The 7p theory;

previous proper planning prevents piss poor performance
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Hm, the fleetmaster is fairly underwhelming. Beastmaster is alright, I guess, fair cost/performance ratio, I think, with extra d3A for his manticore (and mostly his mount only), problem will be the Manticore. It's still just a non-armoured, non-regen'ed (etc...) monster with low T.

BS 7 for the harpoon sounds nice in theory, but characters on flimsy chariots tend to be useless after a single turn, sadly.
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Great things I picked up from Warseer: Dark Riders can take shields and remain Fast Cavalry; Sea Dragon Cloaks grant +2 Scaly Skin (now works in combat!), Warlocks look pretty amazing, you can take 4 RBTs for 1 Special Choice (Death to Daemon Princes!).
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Clockwork wrote:Great things I picked up from Warseer: Dark Riders can take shields and remain Fast Cavalry; Sea Dragon Cloaks grant +2 Scaly Skin (now works in combat!), Warlocks look pretty amazing, you can take 4 RBTs for 1 Special Choice (Death to Daemon Princes!).

I guess the Bolt Thrower thing is more in line with "max 4 RBTs in a normal army", not for per "choice" (not like these are used any longer anyway).
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

I guess corsairs are not dead after all :-)
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

So this ones an exciting one:

Witch Elves keep poison? How does Power of Darkness work? Available lores?
yes they keep poison. power of darkness is one of the two signature spell, which cast on 8+, target the caster's unit. all models in unit get +1S until the caster's next magic phase, and recover D3 casting dice, if you rolled 3 dice, the caster suffer a wound that cant be saved by armour. dark elf have access to all eight lores this time, cheers.

Beasts and Life Im looking at you!
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Wow, thanks to everyone sharing the rumors!

My first impression is that the Dark Lore will see some use, I personally think that dual lvl4s will be really nice.

For the magic items, I really like the Cloak of Twillight. We will have unkillable Pegs once more (but only from range), but it will be a great tool to deal with warmachines. I also think that the Sac Dagger, Ring of Hotek, Tomb of Furion, and Black Amulet all seem well balanced at a glance, although the rest of the items seem situational at best. I'm actually glad we didn't get any broken item like the BoWD, nothing to take away the honour of our future crushing victories!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

For copying everything someone else said and not giving them credit?

From the looks of everythingt that's been posted so far it seems like the dark elves will be an interesting book, like the high elves that offers too many good choices to use them all, leading to multiple styles of similar power level lists with different strengths. I fink the reworking of where units sit in the list (from rare to special etc...) creates some interesting dynamics.

I also really like the magic items. Nothing overpowered, but lots of strong choices that make for potentially interesting combos. The 3++ vs ranged is really neat because it's enchanted. Peg lord with dawnstone and lance with that item is pretty sweet against monsters ..... Similarly it makes a peg lvl4 very interesting too! The MR3 item combined with witches and COB for a 2+ ward Against spells could be a great way of protecting what is a huge investment in points.

For me I think the non-khainite / beasts army seems most appealing. I'm already starting to think about larger units of DR. Having 15 in your opponents backfield would be quite dangerous. As fast cav with ASF and re-rolling ones to wound with a 4+ they hit harder than ever before and don't dye as quick. Could be an interesting way to break steadfast in an all cav / beasts army. 10 would only be 170pts too.... Maybe I'm just getting excited though.....

I really like the combination of elven speed, extra reliability (rerolling everything) and playing on the leadership of the enemy. Essentially making us less reliant on luck and making our enemies more reliant on dice. Nice.
Pleased to be back
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Yes, for exactly that.

Did you compile that info? Didn't think so.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Lkhero wrote:Yes, for exactly that.

Did you compile that info? Didn't think so.

I don't mean to go on. But I'd say its rude not to cite your sources or name the person who you quote. One might think you were trying to appear the hero of the hour if one hadn't already seen the material in its original context.
Pleased to be back
CreativeName
Warrior

Post by CreativeName »

Wow, all the lores is very cool.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Update of the RULE RUMOURS COMPENDIUM
(edited with Warseer's zhangyi compiled here http://lkhero.blogspot.fr/2013/09/new-d ... -book.html
and here: http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2013/ ... eaked.html - Warseer thread read up to 01-10-2013, 08:03)
(included comments from those who have seen the book prior to official release)

Army Wide Rules:
All Dark Elves (but not mounts/monsters/aliens...) have the following special rules:
- ASF (every elf)
Hatred against HE
- murderous prowess allows Dark Elves to re-roll 1′s to wound in melee.

Magic: Dark Elf have access to all eight lores now!
HEKARTIS BLESSING: +1 to Cast Dark Magic
- attribute spiteful conjuration and does extra wounds to enemies that have spells cast on them. Target takes 2d6 s1 AP hits if roll doubles while casting and 3d6 if triples are rolled.
- Signature 1 PoD goes off on a 8+ and grants own unit +1 strength till own next magic phase. Gain D3 power dice but if you gain 3 power dice this way the wizard suffers a wound with no saves allowed, you still can take regen and ward saves against the wound suffered.
- Signature 2 Doombolt 12+ MM 18” 2D6 S5, or 24+ for 4D6 S5.
- Spell 1 Chillwind 5+ MM 24” 2D6 S2, if wounds, -1 BS till own next magic phase.
- Spell 2 WoP 9+ hex 24”–D3 to WS and BS till own next magic phase. Or 12+ for –D3 S and I too.
- Spell 3 Bladewind 9+ 24”, all models test WS or get S4 AP.
- Spell 4 Shroud of Despair 10+ all units within 12” lose Hold your Ground & Inspiring presence (<=> general & BSB) till own next magic phase. If fail Ld, gets -1 Ld till own next magic phase.
- Spell 5 Soul stealer 11+ small template direct damage at 18”, scatters, S2 no armour. For each wound, 4+ on D6 grows one wound to caster, max 10. Or 36” for 14+.
- Spell 6 Arnzipal’s Black Horror 15+ vortex, move proportionate to wizard’s level. S test or die, ward save allowed. 25+ for large template.

Magic items:
- Hydra Blade 100pts, D6+1 attacks, Ldtest at -2, if fails, gets -5 to WS but gains heroic KB.
- Chillblade 50pts, autowound, if unsaved wound, T test or loses 3A (1 minimum) till next CC phase.
- B. dragon egg 50pts. one use, S6, T6, and S2 breath with no armour save.
- Cloak of Twilight 50pts. 3++ against shooting & spells. KB and D3 multiple wounds in 1st round of CC.
- Black Amulet 60pts 4++. If saves during a challenge, inflicts 1 wound to opponent, no armour save.
- RoH 50pts. MR(3). Spells cast within 6” miscasts on double 1 & double 6. Wording is ambiguous to tell whether it is the wizard or the target at 6”, although target is not unlikely.
- BoN 100pts. Unbreakable. HE Shadow warriors within 12” are unbreakable, too.
- Gem of spite, 35pts. Arcane. If miscast, all enemy wizards within 12” suffer S6 or lose a DD.
- Sac dagger 25pts. Arcane. (kill one model and get 50% chances of new PD, - repeat as many times as you wish until you get the new PD).
- ToFurion 25pts. Arcane. Pick up one spell rather than random (Dark Magic only).
And nothing else. Loss of Hydra banner, loss of SSS. No PoK. No more FF.

Khaine blessings are confirmed. Now assasin and Death Hags use different things, former is 3 kinds of poison, latter is 3 kinds of gift. They can only take one from the three.

Lords and Heroes:
Dreadlord 140pts - can ride dragon - can use SDC

Heroes 75pts
- can use SDC
- a Master with Heavy Armor, Shield, Dragon Sea Cloak is 82pts (107pts if BSB on foot)
- Master can be BSB, and can take any mount and still be BSB
Master can ride Dark Steed, Cold One, Dark pegasus, Manticore or CoC.

DE Sorceress 185pts Lvl3, 80pts Lvl1
- an ride DS/CO/pegasus, and, for Lvl3/4, manti & dragons
- no longer able to cast more than 6 dice.

Black Arc Fleetmaster. Lord.
- The fleetmaster is 155pts with stats of 566433739.
- He has two hand weapons, light armour and a sea dragon cloak.
- (Dreadlord with the same base loadout as Fleetmaster would be 4 points cheaper, and get 1WS, 1I, 1A, and 1Ld better, but lose "no weakness") - but there's a cool mini for him.
- He can take 50 points of magic items.
- He has a special rule called "show no weakness" that means if he's fighting in a challenge or killed a character and is still alive, the unit he is with becomes unbreakable till the end of that turn!

High Beastmaster Lord Level Character which costs 300pts,
- must take either a manticore or Scourgerunner chariot, which are included in the points.
- His stats are 577433839 and is equipped with a spear, light armour and a sea dragon cloak. No other option.
- He can take 100 points of magic items and has a special rule called "beastslaver" which means at the start of each of your turns, you can choose a friendly monster within 3'', and that monster will get +D3 attacks until the start of your next turn. (Mentioned once a Flying Monster Box (Wrath) plastic x 1 + Option PE, Beastmaster, Sorceress)

Death Hag 85pts "naked" hero.
- can take 50pts magic weapon (only weapon)
- can become BSB, even with COB.
Gift of Khaine for Death Hags: Hellebron has all 3 kinds at the same time.
- cry of war: cause fear, and all fear test made by the enemy unit in base contact with the hag suffer -3LD
- rune of khaine: this model gains +D3 attacks
- witchbrew (30 pts): she and her unit get frenzy. If they already have frenzy, they become super-frenzy with +2A, but the unit suffer -3LD when testing not to charge. This works on any unit the WE has joined.

Assassins - 90pts with poison attack. Counts as hero.
- Stats 5994321038, ItP, a killer not a leader (cant be general, unit cant use his Ld)
- (may hide in unit, can be revealed at beginning of your movment or in any CC phase)
They start with hand weapon and thrown weapons. They can upgrade to additional hand weapon (2) or handbow (5). They have access to up to 50 points of magic items and also have the option to upgrade to one of three special poisons. One gives +1 to wound, one gives killing blow, and the other causes LD-1 for the rest of the game on a successful to wound roll.
- assassins have access to 50pts magic items except armour. Rending stars are now "Thrown weapons" under BRB equipment.
Poison for Assassins: Shadowblade has all 3 kinds at the same time.
- black lotus (15pts): for each unsaved wound suffered by the character, he gets a cumulative -1LD - include ranged
- dark venom (20 pts): KB
- manbane (20 pts): +1 bonus to wound rolls

Same special characters as before.

Malekith 510pts on foot.
- Not much change to his rules, now the circlet grants him an bonus dice if failed his casting/dispelling attempts once per magic phase. GW: He is an accomplished sorcerer and is all but immune to mundane weapons.
- 5 8 7 5 4 3 8 4 10, Level 4 Wizard, Dark Magic only
- Absolute Power: Inspiring presence is 18" (24" if on a dragon)
- Destroyer (Magic Weapon): If he hits an opponent with a magic item that is still active and useable, one randomly determined item is destroyed on 4+ (once per close combat phase). In addition if a Wizard is wounded by malekith they lose a wizard level on a 4+ (once per close combat phase)
- Armour of Midnight: Magic Armour, grants a 5+ armour save, as well as a 2+ ward against all non-magical attacks. If Malekith suffers am unsaved wound from an attack that has the Killing Blow or Multiple Wounds special rules, he will only suffer a single wound.
- Supreme Spellshield: Magic Armour, Shield Grants Spell Resistance (2) special rule. If Malekith is ever the target of an enemy spell that he succesfully dispels, the caster's unit immediately suffers D6 magical strwength 6 hits.
- Circlet of Iron: Once per magic phase (yours and your opponents'), Malekith can use the circlet of iron to add a single bonus dice to any of his failed casting or dispel attempts. This bonus dice can contribute to irressistable force (and a miscast).

Morathi. 375pts
- GW: Morathi has access to all the spells in the Lore of Dark Magic and is a useful addition to your Dark Elf army. She is able to unleash a freezing wind against your foes, or drag their troops into one of the infernal regions. Should any of your enemies get close to her, then while they're stood agape at her beauty, she'll literally steal hearts and leave them as a bloodied mess.
- 5 5 4 3 3 3 6 3 10 / / 8 4 0 4 4 3 4 3 6
- Level 4 Wizard, picks spells from Death, Shadow and Dark - she can generate all her spells from the same lore, or from two or more of the above lores in any combination. Declare how many spells she will generate from each lore before spells are generated.
- ASF, Fly, hatred (high elves), Hekarti's Blessing, Impale Attack, Murderous prowess
- Enchanting Beauty: Any model, friend or foe, in base contact with Morathi at the start of each round of close combat must pass a leadership test or suffer a -5 penalty to their weapon skill (to a minimum of 1) until the end of the round. This does not affect hits that do not roll to hit, nor does it affect Immune to Psychology models.
- First Sorceress: Morathi adds +d3 to all her casting attempts (cumulative with Hekarti's Blessing in regards to Dark magic)
- Thousand and One Dark Blessings: 4+ Ward MR(2)
- Heartrender and the Darksword: Magic weapon, paired weapons, Killing Blow, +2 S when charging, every wound caused on a monster or character permanently reduce their A, S and T with 1.

Hellebron 310pts
- She now has paired weapons.
- all 1's to hit ->her<- makes that opponent suffer a S4 hit for every 1 rolled
- Any spells that directly target her unit you have a +4 to dispel on.
- She got 7-9 str 10 attack with rerolls to hit and to wound (unless the target got t9 or 10),
- cause fear at a minus 3 leadership
- makes her unit frenzy.
- and she grants a +4 bonus to dispel aagainst any spell targetted at her or her unit.

Malus - he has been upgraded to dreadlord (3 wounds).
- now the daemon gives him +1 to WS,S,T,I and frenzy. Any to hit roll of 1 hits a friendly model in base contact.
- Still removes stupidity from CO.

Shadowblade. 245 pts
- GW: Able to hide within regiments on the battle field, and even move between them, no opponent can predict when or where he will strike.
- Dance of Doom: 5+ ward save
- Master of Disguise: can deploy using the Hidden special rule. He can change which unit he is hiding in at the start of any movement or close combat phase. If an opponent has an ability that forces you state that there are hidden models within a unit, you only need to say that Shadowblade is hiding within a unit, but not which unit he is currently within.
- Has the 3 poisons
- Heart of Woe: Enchanted item. if he is slain, centre the small template over him before taking the model. Every model touched by the template takes a S3 hit.
- Potion of Diabolic Strength: Enchanted item. One use only. At the start of any player's close combat phase, after revealing the assassins, he gets +4 strength until the end of the turn.

Kouran 180ps hero, stats of 596432739 and if he joins a unit of Black Guard they become unbreakable. He has a magic weapon called Crimson Death which grants +2 strength, and has a 5+ armour save from the Armour of Grief, which also creates a strength 5 hit against his attacker if he is hit.

Tullaris 155pts hero, stats 566432739. When he joins a unit of Executioners, they become frenzied. He has a magic great weapon which is called the First Draich. It gives him improved (5+) Killing Blow special rule.

Lokhir, 235pts slv,
- has "show no weakness" rule like the fleetmaster.
- Daring leap means if he is not in a challenge, he can direct his attack to any character that is in the same fight, even if he does not have base contact.
- Merciless slaver means if an enemy unit breaks from a fight including him, all panic tests caused by the break suffer -1LD.
- Red blades is a pair which give him reroll failed rolls to wound, and Kraken Helm gives him +1AS, regeneration and terror.
- He is 566432739 hero.

Mounts:

Black Dragon at 300pts. Dreadlord with Heavy Armour and a Shield on a Black Dragon costs 449 points.

Manticore 150pts.
- 6 5 - 5 5 4 5 4 5
- heroes can ride them. GW: steeds for the lords of Naggaroth. Beastmasters often ride these majestic beasts themselves.
- Flying and Killing Blow, large target and terror.
- uncontrollable: at the start of each friendly turn, take a Ld test. If failed, it gets frenzy till the start of the next turn.
- upgrade 20pts: iron hard skin = Scaly Skin 4+
- upgrade 25pts: Blind Rage (+d3 attacks, but opponents have +1 to hit the manticore).

Dark Pegasus. - 50 pts
- sorc can ride them.
- 8 3 0 4 4 3 4 2 6 (Sulephet got +1 WS and +1 A), +1S on the charge.

Cold One. - Still stupid, has 2 attacks now.

Cold one chariot for 120 pts, for Masters & Dreadlords.

Dark Steed. - Dark Elf Steeds have the special rule: fast cavalry. M9.

Cauldrons of Blood still come out of Hero slots. Naked DH + Cauldron 275p.
- chariot which can join units, but needs not to. The need to be placed in the centre of the front rank is the only requirement.
- classed as a chariot so d6 st6 impact hits. Large target.
- M5, can march, 5W, 5T
- 4++ for the COB itself
- 6++ (5++ in case of witchelves or DH) for the Unit it is placed inside.
- Strength of Khaine: Friendly models with the murderous prowess special rule in units within 6" of the Cauldron of Blood re-roll all failed to wound rolls." (yes models not units) (it does not specify that it must be in melee, so RAW, it applies to magic and shooting too - but MP specifies only in melee, so RAI, the COB should not work for magic & shooting).
- Fury of Khaine, bound spell 3+: Frenzy special rule to one unit within 12" (grants +1A to alread frenzied units, not cumulative with witchbrew)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

(note: all command groups are 10 pts each, as usual now)

Core:

Spear (Dreadspears) – 9pts per model with auto-Shield - 10+
- A single spear unit can take 25pts banner

Sword (Bleakswords) – 9pts per model with auto-shield, nothing special - 10+
- A single sword unit can take 25pts banner

Witch Elves - 11pts per model - 10+
- a single WE unit can take a magical banner up to 50 pts,
- have Frenzy, and Poisoned attacks on top of ASF, Hatred (HE) and MP. The frenzy is increased to +2 attacks with the CoB.
- I6
- there's no "khainites" rule now. you can freely mix, but one more thing should be care. If you take a character other than Death Hag or Hellebron or assassins (including Shadowblades) into the witches, at the end of each of your turns you have to roll a D6. 4+ means nothing, but 1-3 your character suffers D6 s3 hits by mad women. It's called madness of Khaine.

Corsairs (confirmed core) 9+2=11pts per model (2pts AHW/RHB option is mandatory) - 10+
- stats unchanged. A single corsair unit can take 25pts banner.
- mandatory +2pts for AHW or +2pts for AHW.
- SDC is now a 5+ scaly skin
- handbow becomes 12'', quick to fire. Nothing else, i.e. not AP, and -1 at long range.

Crossbow (Darkshards) – 12pts per model, +2 for shields. - 10+
- Normal Repeater Crossbows remain the same: AP.
- A single RXB unit can take 25pts banner

Dark Riders (still core) - 16pts per model with light armour - 5+
- + 1pts for shield, +3 pts for crossbow.
- DR can have both light armour and shield without losing fast cavalry.
- Full command, but no magic banner allowed.

Special:

Harpies - 15pts and do not have any special rule except for fly - 5+
- no command group.

Shades – 16pts per model, will keep models as they are now - 5+
- hand weapon and repeater crossbow, no armour.
- Can take great weapon or two hand weapons for 2pts/per model.
- can have full command, but no magic standard.

Executioners - 12pts per model - 10+
- ASF + ASL = Striking on Initiative - Still S4 => S6 with weapon
- all units can take magical banners up to 50 pts, but the champion does not get magic objects.
- Keep KB, do NOT Inflict D3 Wounds
- Execs do not have such "Madness of Khaine" as WE have. Characters can join them freely.

Black Guard (Special) - 15pts per model - 10+
- ItP, Stubborn, Eternal hatred to all enemies, that means reroll all failed rolls to hit every round.
- Stats are 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 2, 9 - Strength 3 => 4 with weapon - apparently, no longer capped at 20 max
- all units can take magical banners up to 50 pts, and champion can get magic weapon up to 25pts.

Cold one Knights 30pts per model - 5+
- WS5 M7 A1 I6 S4 L9
- Cold ones have two attacks S4, they don’t have the lizardman’s cold one rule. The mounts don’t have the army-wide rule.
- all units can take magical banners up to 50 pts, and champion can get magic weapon up to 25pts.

Cold one Chariots 115 pts (or 120 pts as mounts for characters)
- Cold ones have two attacks, unchanged otherwise. (D6+1 impact as before).

Scourgerunner , 150pts
- Special - Pulled by horses, with harpoon launcher.
- chariot with D6 impact.
- It has a profile of S4 T4 W4 with a 5+AS, M9, and two crew with spear and repeater crossbow.
- It has a harpoon launcher, BS4, which is like a bolt thrower but more powerful. It has S7, 24'' range, and cause D3 wounds, however if a monster suffers any wounds from it, "it is immediatly dragged D6" towards the firer..."; it does not specify facing when dragged. If the D6 roll is greater than 3, the monster will suffer an additional wound with no armour save allowed.
- Only the Beastmaster may take it as a mount.

Reaper bolt throwers: 70pts, special,
- RBT is one per slot, but you can take four of them.
- No other change except it gained the armour piercing rule for multishot instead of -1 AS it had before.

Hydra 160pts before BW.
- M6 WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W5 I2 A(3+remaining wounds) Ld6, 4+AS,
- + 20pts for flame strength 4 fiery roar breath attack
- + 20pts for a 8'' shooting with multiple shots=remaining wounds, s=remaining wounds.
- A is equal to number of remaining wounds +3 (previously mentioned +d3, and Max 5).
- Thunderstomp.
- Lost regen, Can get wounds back: at the end of your phase (your turn only) if it still alive, roll the number of dice equals the lost wounds. every 4+ it regain a wound.
- No handler rules, handlers serve only for presentation. Not mentioned as a sea creature. The War Hydra has 6 heads.

Rare:

Kharybdyss (Kraken) 160pts
- M6 WS5 BS0 S7 T5 W5 I4 A5 Ld6, 4+AS.
- If all attacks hit, it deals an additional d6 s7 attacks. Feast of Bones is only if all attacks are directed against a single model, yes model not unit, and if all normal attacks hit as well!
- Scaly skin, Terror
- reroll successful LD for those in base contact (abyssal howl). A unit is only immune to its effects if the majority of its models have fear, terror and ItP. Therefore useless against: Undead, Demons, Monsters, Stupid units, Frenzied units
- poison, Thunderstomp.
- No handler rules, handlers serve only for presentation. Not mentioned as a sea creature.

Doomfire Warlocks (Rare) - 25pts per model - 5+
- ride Dark Steeds (M9), Warlocks are fast cavalry in the rare slot
- stats of 544431528. Poison. They are only equipped with hand weapons, but have a 4+ ward save except for wounds caused by models with the mark of Slaanesh or are daemons of Slaanesh.
- no magic banner authorized, only champion as command group.
- The unit is considered to be a level 2 wizard which is used like Pink Horrors. When you cast a spell, you nominate which model is doing it, for line of sight and distance. They get +1 to cast for each extra rank except for the first, to a maximum of +3. They know two spells. One is doombolt from the Dark Elves deck, and the other is Soulblight from the lore of Death (#3, hex -1S -1T to one or all enemies at 24").
- They can channel. Nothing prevents them to cast the boosted version of their spells.
- miscasts are handled as per horror rules (takes d3 wounds instead of applying a miscast result, e.g. you do not roll on the miscast table at all); fixed d3 wounds, with no armour save allowed (but ward saves are allowed).
- Fluff: warlocks have been cursed by Malekith, if they dont find and kill the innocence, their souls will be taken by Slaanesh.

Sisters of Slaughter - 15pts per model, with shield and hand weapon - 10+
- 564331629 and a 6+/4++ ward (only in close combat).
- every close combat phase it can choose an enemy unit in base contact. they lose parry and rank bonus in combat result.(still can steadfast). if any enemy model in base contact with them have highter WS or S(before weapon matters), they get +1 to hit and wound rolls.- can have a magic banner up to 50pts.
- full command, all units can take magical banners up to 50 pts, but no magic object for the champion.
- They are not Khainites, they're arena fighters. GW: The Sisters of Slaughter are experts in deadly hand to hand fighting. Taken from the gladiatorial arenas of Nagarroth, they fight with a murderous prowess.

Medusa 90pts
- M7/WS5/BS5/S4/T4/W3/I5/A3/Ld2, ASF, No armour.
- either on the bloodthrone (Bloodwrack Shrine), or on foot (er, tail) on 50x50 base.
- Avert Your Gaze!: start of close combat, before challenges, models in base contact must pass a I test or take a S4 hit with KB and no armour saves, it counts as a magical attack.
- Medusa's stare: shooting at range 12", S4, KB and multiple shots (4). When rolling to wound, substitute the target's T with it's I value. No armour saves allowed. It is a shooting attack that happens to be magical (so long range, multiple shots, move & shoot penalties apply).
- monstrous infantry.

- Bloodwrack Shrine. 175pts, with medusa included.
- It is a single model, split profile chariot, crewed by 2 guards (not witch elves) and 1 medusa.
- It is a chariot which may march and can join units. M5, D6+1 impact.
- T6 and 5 wounds with a 6+ save.
- MR (1). Terror. Large target.
- On shrine the unit gets Ld8 thanks to the shrinekeepers.
- Aura of agony: gives +1Ld to units of this AB, -1Ld to everything else at 6”.
- the medusa in crew provides Avert Your Gaze! & Medusa's stare.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Calisson, quick note on the new Tome of Furion. it only works if the user is using the Lore of Dark Magic.
Also i think (and i hope om wrong) that it doesnt generate an additional spell anymore. it only allows you to pick 1 spell when you generating them.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Good catch. Editing. Does not give additional spell, only guarantees to pick up selected one.
But that's awfully good if you match spell 5 with signature 1 on a Lvl2 sorceress mounted on CO inside COK unit.
Here, you get a real close combat sorc, cumulating up to 10 wounds. :twisted:
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

Great compilation, thanks a lot! :)

Guys, you have one great army book now. I can't wait to meet new Druchii on the battle field :)
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

thanks everyone for the early info, pre ordered my book but wanting to start to figure out cav list. so all of this is big help
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Np ;)

I'm rly liking the look of our new Blades tho. 5-10 Attacks on my Dreadlord or HKB? I'll take it!
Same with ChillBlade. altho against models with only 1W its not that great. tho it will still bypass toughness.

And i like your idea. tho personally i was thinking of putting her alone on a DS and make sure she can get in close enough for Dark Magics horrible range. or maybe put her on a Pegi for more mobility
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

The new weapons are not that great against the typical 1+ armored characters with ward saves.

100 points for an item that can be everything from +1 attack to +6 attack and HKB... it's way too random for my taste. I like the chillblade more, but again it's not that good against things with armor.

The Cloak of Twillight on the other hand seems to be my kinda thing, giving the protection you need while on a pegasus and then you strike really hard in close combat...
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The new magic lore is a life changer. I felt the old Dark Magic was fickle. It either hit big, but wasn't always effective, or it had a fickle D6 hits (booo!). We can now take the Lore and know we'll get a destructive magic phase.. or depending on our spell rolls we could go for a more supportive role. This changes the lore entirely for me, from fickle to reliably destructive with some interesting twists. It also offers an alternative to Shadow, which might open up new synergies with other lores.

Power of darkness is.. so so. I fear the same conflict with the High Elf lore attribute: it's good on paper but it means you'll need to put your caster in the combat unit. Perhaps this is where warlocks come into place?
Once you're into combat, you're limited to casting PoD, WoP, SoD. This is not bad, but not flexible. If you didn't get both WoP and SoD, the tactic might limit your magic phase.. Unless you have a second caster :)

Chillwind got hit badly. I'm not sure if I'll choose the spell still... But the original chillwind was a bit over the top. The impact of "no shooting at all" was so big that my opponents would chuck more dispel dice on it than a big spell. Shooting against DE's was that effective (and probably still is). It feels more in line, now... though it is a nerf.

WoP: Good and bad stuff. I like it.

Blade Wind: I like it. In combination with Doom bolt as signature and the template spell, this gives us a bit of everything. And it's cheap to cast too.

Shroud of Despair: there will be many articles on how to use this one effectively. I think the potential of this spell depends on a lot of "ifs", but it can be a game changer. If an enemy runs chaff units in between his blocks, this could case a cascading despair. Small units with low leadership can now become our leverage on tackling the Ld of bigger units. Fear can now help break the unit. A single "Final Transmutation" in tandem with this spell can now wipe a table like a domino. There's potential, but I suspect it will be a challenge in tactics to use that potential.
I wonder about the impact for undead or unstable units :)

Soul stealer... Hm. If the life of your sorceress becomes vital, you can now use it on your own troops to regain wounds. *whistles innocently*

Black Horror: mixed feelings but we get a vortex. That can be very important to control an enemy's movement. And on a 15+, that's not too bad.

The Lore attribute is a bit odd.. but it adds to the fun. It certainly makes doombolt and chillwind effective against some warmachines.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze