Post by Scyloc »

Thank you very much Ragian Cain.

Looks very nice.

2 thumbs up!
WithHatred
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by WithHatred »

Hi guys, my first post on Druchii.net, although I've been following this post intently to study the rumors!

Now that I've been so lucky to get my hands in the new army book ONE day before release (impressive I know :P) I like so many of you guys out there find myself trying to figure out how to compose a fun, challenging and competitive list.

Anyways I have a few questions, maybe more of a statement to two!

1st. this is the wording on the "Strength of Khaine" special rule for the Cauldron of Blood.
Strength of Khaine: "Friendly models with the Murderous Prowess special rule in units within 6" of the Cauldron of Blood re-roll all failed To Wound rolls."

Are you kidding me? this must be a mistake, a typo or smth like that!! :burns:
As i read it at this exact wording xbowmen, xbow dark riders will be able, no, MUST reroll their ranged failed to wound rolls!! This might even apply to bolt throwers and scrunge runners within 6", (I'm not sure on the last two and the rule applyes to MODELS with Murderous Prowess, ie. Scrungerunner is ONE model..)
Am I right here or do I read this wrong?

Also you HAVE to at least consider putting a Death Hag with Witchbrew in a unit of Executioners and/or Executioners as there are no longer any limit to what units the Death Hag can join and the Witchbrew itself gives Frenzy to the unit the Death Hag joins.
yes I know that -3LD on the frenzy check is a big liability, even though our Cauldron hag can be BSB and is now a large target, 24" reroll psychology tests right?, anyways we are Dark Elves! There are no other race out there who has more ways of countering enemy re-directors

Anyways this was my first 2cents! :)

-WithHatred
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

WithHatred wrote:1st. this is the wording on the "Strength of Khaine" special rule for the Cauldron of Blood.
Strength of Khaine: "Friendly models with the Murderous Prowess special rule in units within 6" of the Cauldron of Blood re-roll all failed To Wound rolls."

As i read it at this exact wording xbowmen, xbow dark riders will be able, no, MUST reroll their ranged failed to wound rolls!! This might even apply to bolt throwers and scrunge runners within 6", (I'm not sure on the last two and the rule applyes to MODELS with Murderous Prowess, ie. Scrungerunner is ONE model..)

That's generally what "re-roll all failed to wound rolls" means. ;)

IOW, MP usually lets you reroll 1's on your wound rolls, but that gives them the ability to reroll any failed wound roll, not just ones. SO yeah, pretty nice.

EDIT: But note: it says "models" not units. So you won't get as much mileage from it outside the unit the CoB is joined with.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

Dragon9 wrote:
WithHatred wrote:1st. this is the wording on the "Strength of Khaine" special rule for the Cauldron of Blood.

That's generally what "re-roll all failed to wound rolls" means. ;)

IOW, MP usually lets you reroll 1's on your wound rolls, but that gives them the ability to reroll any failed wound roll, not just ones. SO yeah, pretty nice.

EDIT: But note: it says "models" not units. So you won't get as much mileage from it outside the unit the CoB is joined with.

Imagine a council of RXB's with a level 4 surrounded by 4 RBTs that is babysat by a Cauldron and you'll soon start to see why this rule is borderline broken.

As written right now, yes it allows you to re-roll all failed wounds, not just close combat as per Murderous Prowess. And a huddled up shooting and magic council can really hurt with a Cauldron nearby.

My Hobby Thread

Stats since I started playing again in 2013
W/L/D
Total: 16/21/1
vs. Demons: 0/2/0
vs. Dwarfs: 1/2/0
vs. Empire: 2/4/0
vs. High Elves: 0/4/0
vs. Lizardmen: 3/0/0
vs. Orcs & Goblins: 3/0/1
vs. Ogres: 1/0/0
vs. Skaven: 4/4/0
vs. Tomb Kings: 0/1/0
vs. Warriors of Chaos: 0/3/0
vs. Wood Elves: 2/1/0
WithHatred
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by WithHatred »

I see you are not as surprised as me that this effect is not only applying to Close combat as is the case with murderous prowess :P

I'm pretty sure the Strength of Khaine rule says that models in units within 6" of the Cauldron of blood re-rolls all failed to wound rolls.. as it is friendly models with the Murderous Prowess rule IN UNITS within 6", this is basically just specifying that models WITHOUT the murderous prowess rule in units within 6" doesn't get to reroll to wound.
jeffman
Corsair

Post by jeffman »

the question is: do bolt trowers have the MP rule?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

The crew does.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

jeffman wrote:the question is: do bolt trowers have the MP rule?

Yes

My Hobby Thread

W/L/D
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

The Cauldron's buff' wording is most likely an oversight, I wouldn't be surprised if it got faq'ed surprisingly fast. On that note: The German AB allows corsairs doesn't allow corsairs to take handbows... but rather proper Rxbs. GW always fucks up somewhere...

As for the Cauldron BSB, it would be 18", which is a nice bonus, but I'm still on the fence about putting my BSB on there, because cannonsniping a BSB was hardly any easier than here... And whilst I'm pretty positive of being able to shut cannons down in turn 2, one or two shots in turn 1 are pretty bad already... Maybe I've gottaa put a Hydra on ball-catching duty...

And about the model/unit problem. The rule reads "Friendly models with the Murderous Prowess special rule in units within 6" reroll all failed to wounds roll:" - I don't know how to even get the idea that units might only be patially affected.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Actually translations are not done by GW. Or at least they didn't use to be. I know a company that was doind translations fo Polish... they were a FLGS....
7th edition army book:

Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

Trax wrote:The Cauldron's buff' wording is most likely an oversight, I wouldn't be surprised if it got faq'ed surprisingly fast. On that note: The German AB allows corsairs doesn't allow corsairs to take handbows... but rather proper Rxbs. GW always fucks up somewhere...

As for the Cauldron BSB, it would be 18", which is a nice bonus, but I'm still on the fence about putting my BSB on there, because cannonsniping a BSB was hardly any easier than here... And whilst I'm pretty positive of being able to shut cannons down in turn 2, one or two shots in turn 1 are pretty bad already... Maybe I've gottaa put a Hydra on ball-catching duty...

And about the model/unit problem. The rule reads "Friendly models with the Murderous Prowess special rule in units within 6" reroll all failed to wounds roll:" - I don't know how to even get the idea that units might only be patially affected.

We read the rules late at night and everyone bombared us with questions at the same time Trax!

My Hobby Thread

W/L/D
WithHatred
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by WithHatred »

The special rules for the Bolt thrower is: (dark elf crew:)always strike first, Hatred(highelves), Murderous Prowess.
The Bolt thrower itself does not, but the question is: Does the thrower and the crew count as ONE model? I dont know these exact rules for War Machines and crew, but i doubt it works, however I'm semi sure that this rule will apply to the Scrungerunners bolt thrower as that one is ONE model!?!?!?
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

WithHatred wrote:

The special rules for the Bolt thrower is: (dark elf crew:)always strike first, Hatred(highelves), Murderous Prowess.
The Bolt thrower itself does not, but the question is: Does the thrower and the crew count as ONE model? I dont know these exact rules for War Machines and crew, but i doubt it works, however I'm semi sure that this rule will apply to the Scrungerunners bolt thrower as that one is ONE model!?!?!?

Count as a single model with the unit type warmachine.

My Hobby Thread

W/L/D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome WithHatred to D.net! :D
WithHatred wrote:3LD on the frenzy check is a big liability
That's for "double-frenzy". Execs with witchbrew would get the normal Ld check.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Liquidedust wrote:We read the rules late at night and everyone bombared us with questions at the same time Trax!

I wasn't pointing fingers, I just find it rather... peculiar to read the Aura in that way.

@Translations
Yeah, but it's their product, they have to stand in for it and obviously the QA is lacking. The books are expensive enough as is, you'd think you could at least expect the rule pages to be properly translated.
jeffman
Corsair

Post by jeffman »

about the couldren rule, i wouldn't know how they intended it. They could mean that you could re-roll ALL instead of just close combat. they could mean all instead of just 1s

it could both equally in my eyes, though verry powerfull indeed :)

imagine 4d6 s5 hits rerolleble :-)
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Yeah, imagine. And that's why it's pretty surely not intended. It's hard to put this into points and it's not like the naked cauldron's cost (without the heck) justifies the ability to reroll *all* wounds.
Praetorian1979
Corsair

Post by Praetorian1979 »

Trax wrote:Yeah, imagine. And that's why it's pretty surely not intended. It's hard to put this into points and it's not like the naked cauldron's cost (without the heck) justifies the ability to reroll *all* wounds.

True, and then again HE do have a banner they pay peanuts for, which gives of a huge advantage. ;)

I'm picking up my book in 12 hours, and after reading through this thread and the one on warseer for, what feels like the thousandth, time. I am getting more and more excited to read and re-read everything.
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Well, with the BotWD in mind... Might as well be "correct", you're right :P
Vurath
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vurath »

With the entire Dark Elf book basically geared up to murder High Elves. I don't think the BOTWD will make much difference. As for interpreting the rules for the cauldron to say re-roll 'all' woundss, and not just close combat attacks, that's just silly, and nothing more than twisting the wording to our advantage.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

No, it's actually reading the rule the way it's written.
7th edition army book:

HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Vurath wrote:With the entire Dark Elf book basically geared up to murder High Elves. I don't think the BOTWD will make much difference. As for interpreting the rules for the cauldron to say re-roll 'all' woundss, and not just close combat attacks, that's just silly, and nothing more than twisting the wording to our advantage.

You think the book is out to murder high elves? :burns:

lol
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

HERO wrote:
Vurath wrote:With the entire Dark Elf book basically geared up to murder High Elves. I don't think the BOTWD will make much difference. As for interpreting the rules for the cauldron to say re-roll 'all' woundss, and not just close combat attacks, that's just silly, and nothing more than twisting the wording to our advantage.

You think the book is out to murder high elves? :burns:

lol

Murder is such a naughty rule. Think of it as dispatching the kin that shunned the true path of enlightenment with the gentle impact of falling giant. [Can now check off my first item on a list of cliched villeiny].

Questions on the madusa.

If she is not taken on the shrine, is she a rare choice? If so is it a one model unit or can there be several?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Stand-alone medusa is a rare MI unit, size 1. It means that you can take 2 medusas, separately.
In addition, you can take two shrines with their medusa as crew, and they can remain stand-alone or join any unit like a character (only one per unit).
Nothing prevents a shrine to join a medusa unit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}