New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Helle
Executioner

Re: New DE armybook rumours summary

Post by Helle »

The Pink Horrors are treated as a lvl 1 wizard and therefore they should be able th channel. The Sigmar Priest, who can cast bound spells only, is allowed to channel aswell. So I see no reason why Warlocks shouldn't be permitted.
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Thanks for the clarification! Here's to hoping it's true. Like everyone else I can't wait to get these bad boys pre-ordered.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

That attribute would be terrible though.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Fallenturtle
Shade

Post by Fallenturtle »

Dalamar wrote:That attribute would be terrible though.

It is. I mean lets look at all the other lore attributes of recent. HE-+1 ward for each cast or gain a ward if you didn't have one, Lizzies- Forget a spell and roll another. Those have actual use, hell even the vampire and ogre ones would have a better lore.

I'm hoping that it's something simple like +1 str or something. the only way I could see that lore attribute be useful is if that affected every enemy unit on the battlefield.. even then that's hope you roll a lot of 6s
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Personally I wouldn't like a +1 S for my SS. If they are in hand to hand combat I already consider them lost.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Swordsmen are easy to predict:
Same stats as Spearmen, either 1 point less or the same cost.
Maybe (and this is a huge maybe) option for heavy armor.
7th edition army book:

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Dalamar wrote:That attribute would be terrible though.
Most of the armybook attributes are underwhelming.

TK; puny healing on units that are the target of an augment spell.

O&G; orc attribute increases the strength of the damage spells only if enough orcs nearby are fighting and not fleeing
goblin attribute can steal a dispel dice on 5+ but many players dislike the goblin lore.

Ogres; 5 out of 6 chance of recovering a wound... ridiculously good attribute.

High elves; the mage's unit increase their ward save by one until next magic phase; handy on anyone, excellent on phoenix guard or Allarielle's unit. But you are really wanting your mage's unit in combat to make the most of it, where a lot of high magic doen't help out much.

Vampires; every spell cast heals a wound to a multi wound character or creature; far more useful that the TK attribute.

Lizards; forget a cast spell to generate a spell from any lore he can use next magic phase; so you have to throw one away in the hopes of getting something better, and if your opponent keeps dispelling it, you might have to give up a better spell instead. Poor.

Daemons; grow extra troops to a unit as a fraction of wounds done. Ok but not fantastic as the units in question are not the strength of the new daemon book now.

WoC; Tz. Grows power dice for every 6 rolled to cast. Hope you don't then lose them on the miscast roll...
Slaanesh; grows attacks for next phase as a fraction of damage done. Too bad 3 out of the 4 damage spells do 1d6.
Nurgle; grows a wound and a point of toughness on a roll of a 6 for any successfully cast spell. Hands down the best of the chaos attributes.

So out of those, how many are truly desirable or useful? Probably only Nurgle warriors, the daemon abilities and vampires.

compare this to the rumoured (wishlisted?) DE one. A bunch of s1 hits to go with any spell... They would make any hex or damage spell more useful to cast at large monsters while not being overpowered against little guys (well, unless comboed with shadow). Good for an extra wound or two against whatever target you cast against. Imagine being able to lower a monster's weapon skill and also knocking off a wound, even if he were in combat? It's not the worst lore attribute floating around out there.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Shield of Saphery is arguably the best attribute out there. Having a High Mage in combat is no problem as they will likely sport a 3+ ward themselves

Having an army with 3 units of 4+ ward or better is deadly (played against it, couldn't kill them fast enough)
7th edition army book:

Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

woc nurgle
high elves
vampires

are the top attributes in my book.
nurgle on a prince and soulfeeder with that permanent attribute is just stupid.
(why o why is slaanesh only until next phase, its gard enough getting one boost out of that attribute)

high elves attribute in support of the banner or book is also nice. you will get that ward when needed.

vampires - well, its the only way to heal your characters, and works on every spell, always ( unless you go first and dont have master of the dead)

if that attribute of ours is right, its certainly not a top tier, but hey. its something, we dont have any as of now.
if works on hexes and dmg spells it will make opponent on a bit harder decisions on how and what will be dispelled.
i kind of like the idea of dark magic beeing so raw in power you can literally feel the winds of magic tear st your flesh
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

I haven't seen this posted over here:

Some more rule rumours
Warlocks are a casting unit Ala pink horrors. Spells are leadership hex and 2d6 s5 MM. Fixed level 2 with +1 to cast with every rank. Apparently they have 4+ ward.
New type of witch hag char which has an item to give +1 attack to unit and +2 if the unit has frenzy.
Lore attribute is target takes 2d6 s1 AP hits if roll doubles while casting and 3d6 if triples are rolled.
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

Well, Callison already posted that info yesterday. Thanks for trying to keep us up to date anyways.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I thought it was Calisson? :?

Thanks indeed, better too many than not enough.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

My fault Callison! Still keeping my ear to the ground.
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

My fault Calisson, hope you don't send your Corsairs to take me as your slave!
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Any idea how the COB/blood throne will move? It would be pretty cool if it was like the Skaven's Screaming Bell. I can imagine it being pulled by a horde of Witch Elves. Especially if the rumor of it allowing reroll of wounds for Khaine units within 6 inches.
Yamagogimon18
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yamagogimon18 »

I bet they'll try to bake in Power of Darkness as the lore attribute: roll a dice for each spell cast, on a 6 you get d3 PD. Summat like that. I hope its not that S1 hit thing.

@Faustus55: I think you might be right about the the CoB. The guys at 40k radio didn't mention any steeds pulling it so I'd bet it's like the Screaming Bell. This makes the most sense but I'm crossing my fingers for a Lunamark/Hurricanum chariot thing that bubbles out something stupid like +1 to wound and free PD. Ooo! maybe it can shoot lazers too! %*@# it, lets just make it a cannon. But seriously, i bet it'll be similar to a Screaming Bell with a bound spell instead of a toll roll.

On a separate topic: does anyone know how soon after an initial release they do the new battalion boxes?
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Personally not a big fan of bound spells, they take away from our PD and one dispel roll and it's negated for the turn.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

But with bound items, cob and warlocks it looks like you could make an effective magic list... with no wizards!
7th edition army book:

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

... exactly!
I'm convinced that it is intended, that Khainites do not need no magic. Khaine is enough!

From the three main themes, I wonder still to which the warlocks belong.
Not to corsairs, for sure, but are they to be considered khainites, monsters, or both?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Askador
Noble

Post by Askador »

Bound Spells could be really cool also. If you really need that one Spell you can just Roll for a Double 6.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Calisson wrote:... exactly!
I'm convinced that it is intended, that Khainites do not need no magic. Khaine is enough!

From the three main themes, I wonder still to which the warlocks belong.
Not to corsairs, for sure, but are they to be considered khainites, monsters, or both?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a coven type unit for the queen....
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Golan
Warrior

Post by Golan »

natfka wrote:
via Zion over at Talkwargaming
Many thanks to the folks on Warseer, DakkaDakka and 40k Radio for the original information.
Everything in quotation marks is a verbatim quote of the original rumor, everything else is as close as possible, but polished up a bit for easier reading.

Predicted Release: October/November/October-November 2013
Codex InformationAuthor:
State:

General Information
Aesthetic seems to be focused on them being a more sinister version of the High Elves with spikes and jagged edges on the armor.
Temple of Khaine Artifacts are still in the book. No word on if there are new poisons or not.
New plastic banners do not appear to have any designs sculpted onto them.

New Rules
Gain the Always Strikes First special rule like their High Elf cousins.

Special Characters

Lords
  • Crone Hellebron is the only character 40k Radio has seen images of at this time. She is a little more armored than a normal Witch Elf and wears a little more clothing. She carries a sword and a small blade. "She definitely has the big hair like in her artwork in the current army book". She looks young, like a regular Witch Elf and wears a gold mask over her face that extends upwards in a "crown like fashion". Both of her arms are raised towards the sky.

Heroes
  • Cauldron of Blood is now a larger model with hooks and chains but is "a bit toned down" compared to the Empire Celestial Hurricanium/Lumniark of Hysh. It has six wheels and two staircases. It doesn't have any models pulling it so speculation is that it might be pushed like the Screaming Bell. It has three Witch Elves on it, with "spikes and blades". They're described to be dressed in what looks to be loincloths and bras, and appear "vicious". The statue of Khaine that stands behind the Hag has his sword held aloft.

Core
  • Warriors changed in design. Helmets no longer cover their eyes and now have cloaks. The cloaks hang down from beneath the shoulder armor and cover the back chain mail when looking at them from behind. They also have skulls embossed on their shields.
  • Dark Rider have "sleek-looking horses with only a bit of armor" and the cloaked riders are hunched in the saddle to give the feeling that their fast moving calvary while presenting a low profile. Helmets appear to be open-faced, and can be armed with spears. No word if they can get crossbows at this time.
  • Assassins got a buff. Not clear if it's improved Hidden rules or an improved Save at this time.

Special
  • Executioners have skull-faced helms. Their armor is bright silver with red tunics in the WD. They all hold the Draiches (swords) on the left side of their body (that is your right when looking at them from the front). Their armor appears to be a mixture of plate and chain mail. Champion is armed with an axe and is holding the decapitated head of a High Elf in the pictures.
  • Witch Elves have 2 hand weapons in the White Dwarf.
  • Blackguard look very "stalwart" with large halberds, and high helms that have 3 spikes on each side of them with a flowing plume on top. Their armor is black and trimmed gold and they wear dark purple cloaks. The unit Champion is holding a sword by the hilt with the blade planted in the ground. Their musician is a drummer. Their helmets do not cover their faces, and their armor has bulkier shoulders.
  • Cold One Chariot looks very sleek with the wheels towards the rear of the chariot and the body low to the ground. The Cold Ones pulling the chariot match the Cold One Knights.
  • Witch Elves are armed with 2 hand weapons in the pictures and are "very dynamic with their poses". Each model has long, flowing hair, red loincloths, thigh-high black boots and "for lack of a better term bras". They also appear to have open mouth "so lord only knows what they're saying before they come in and hack my poor High Elves to bits". There does appear to be a command group for the unit.

Rare
  • Hydra is now beefier looking. The Hydra's 2 Handlers are mounted on the same base as the Hydra in the WD pictures.

New Units
  • Scroungerunner(or Scourgerunner) armed with spears and what appears to be a large crossbow or a bolt thrower. The crew "look[s] similar to Corsairs". The passenger shooting the crossbow/bolt thrower has what appears to be a sea dragon cloak on. The reigns appear to be normal black leather and the horses look "awesome and angry". Both horses are black with red eyes. The chariot only has a single wheel that is centered on the back section. "And as usual nasty spikes and blades".
  • Warlocks are bare chested with mundane looking hand weapons (one each), which are held in a reverse grip and resemble jagged daggers. The warlock champion's eyes are glowing which suggests at magical ability perhaps? The models have long flowing hair that ias painted white, and the rank/file models have black eyes (or possibly no eyes). There does not appear to be a full command group for the unit, just the unit champion.
  • Kraken has has spines and scales with smoth flesh on the neck and underbelly. Was painted with the scales in Dark Grey and the softer flesh in blue. It does not have tentacles, but has four webbed appendages ending in claws and a tail. Has one main head with beady eyes above the mouth which has the lower jaw extending like an octopus tentacle with teeth. The four other necks end with fanged maws and claws that look to facilitate grabbing their next meal.
  • Blood Throne shares the kit/chassis with the Cauldron of Blood. On the Throne itself sits something that looks "like a half-witch Elf, half Medusa, with snakes as hair". The Witch Elves on the Throne use spears and wear metal masks that cover most of their face, save for the chin/mouth and the eyes. The Medusa model has the lower body of a snake, and has snakes on her base. The right side of her torso is bare, to include her breast while armor covers her left side. In her right hand she holds a spear and her left hand is clad in a clawed gauntlet. Her mouth is agape and she has snakes for hair. Her body is also covered in a number of small cuts that drip blood. "There is a significant amount of blood on the model". Behind the Medusa appears to be a mirror depicting cavorting Witch Elves. It's painted to look like what appears to be a row of moons in a clear blue daytime sky ("i.e. the mirror "looks through to another world" type of thing is what they were going for, I guess")

Model Releases
  • Plastic Dark Elf Warrior Box (Makes Spearmen, Swordsmen and Crossbowmen)
  • Plastic Dark Riders/Warlocks
  • Plastic Blackguard/Executioers
  • Plastic Cold One Chariot/Scroungerunner (which is pulled by horses)
  • Plastic Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne
  • Plastic Hydra/Kraken
  • Plastic Witch Elf Box

it seems that release will be spread on two months, I have posted this information earlier but here is a link with release "confirmation" : )
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Nice compilation, nothing new.
Poison used to be rumoured to be widely spread. Zions seems to tell that it won't.
Seen the two step release indeed for models on warseer.
Yamagogimon18
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yamagogimon18 »

Just saw this on warseer:

so it's clear now, that DE will be released during two months. October we will have warrior, witch elves, blood throne, Kharibdyss (dont know what is it), and a plastic shadowblade.
as we can see GW has put bg, chariot and dark riders to next month along with innocence(the 40K table game,i'm 95% certain that it will be in November). for good reason we can split our money to two months. that's really kind.
for the price:
shadowblade, £12
warrior,£20
witch,£35
throne,£45
kha…balabalabala,£40
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

Tucked among all the rumors that I saw once, and can't find again, was a rumor of a new Witch Elf character (could be the rumored Khaine character) that may or may not give +1/+2 attacks to WEs if they are Frenzied or not. Sounds too good to be true, but I hope it is. It would make me want to run a horde of my beloved Witch Elves. Minimum of 81 poisoned attacks would just be too awesome to not go for. I need more dice....
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image