New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

PoisonedBlade
Trainee Warrior

Re: New DE armybook rumours summary

Post by PoisonedBlade »

Taken from Scizorsfury onver on warseer

The sisters of slaughter are rares: enemies is base contact with them lose rank bonuses.
Hydras are specials can upgrade to get a strength 4 breath attack, no regen but can regrow heads (recover lost wounds) just like the slann can with his discipline.
The kraken thing has a special ability that triggers when all 5 of its attacks hits ( gets an extra attack that inflicts additional hits) has a scaly skin save and causes terror. Enemy models in base contact must re roll successful leadership tests. Both use the monster and handler rules.
They have 2 signature spells just like high magic. One of the spells goes off on a 8+ and grants a unit +1 strength and then you gain D3 power dice but if you gain 3 power dice this way the wizard suffers a wound with no saves allowed.
The army has always strikes first.
Murderous Prowless: models with this rule re roll 1s when rolling to wound.
Wizards casting Dark Magic add plus 1 to their casting attempts.
That is all I remember from what my source told me. Hope it helps

Im quiet excited for the new book now if these rumors are true
Golan
Warrior

Post by Golan »

U were first ;p link to warseer post
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

More from Warseer
Originally Posted by Arduhn
I can confirm a second wave. I can also tell you that pictures of second wave stuff will be in the book.
Originally Posted by Arduhn
To add to the rule tidbits:
cauldron goes in units now.
Crone helebron/hag character and a medusa (new rare choice) are all possible to make separately using the kit.
US now posted consistent with others:

Book 49.5
magic cards 6
shadowblade plastic 20
dreadspears plastic 35
witches plastic 60
Karibdyss/hydra plastic 65
cauldron plastic 75
shield pack resin 9.5
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Is ASF confirmed in any ways, or is it a rumor that came up because of speculations about how every elf army will have it because HE has it?
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Urian tarkand
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Urian tarkand »

It's a rumor that came up because of speculations about how every elf army will have it because HE has it
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

On Warseer, it has been reiterated as solid rumour, not speculation.
That would be the same ASF as HE get, no more, no less.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Calisson wrote:On Warseer, it has been reiterated as solid rumour, not speculation.

Yes, reiterated as a solid rumour, but based on what? I try to find some sources that I believe that has said such things, but I believe that rumour is based on speculations and wishlisting.

There were such thoughts when DE came out in 7th edition as well, but then we got hatred. I just don't see the logic of "since HE got it, DE and WE will get it too". HE had ASF in 7th and got it in 8th (although not ASF no matter what). It seems more likely that DE will get hatred and keep the same kinda rules as they had before, with one addition (like martial prowess was new for HE).
Last edited by Omnichron on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

Omnichron wrote:
Calisson wrote:On Warseer, it has been reiterated as solid rumour, not speculation.

Yes, reiterated as a solid rumour, but based on what? I try to find some sources that I believe that has said such things, but I believe that rumour is based on speculations and wishlisting.

There were such thoughts when DE came out in 7th edition as well.

solid rumor based on one of the 40k radio guys telling us that it pretty much is so, also two secondary sources saying that the new white dwarf mentions asf as well. (all on warseer)

My Hobby Thread

Stats since I started playing again in 2013
W/L/D
Total: 16/21/1
vs. Demons: 0/2/0
vs. Dwarfs: 1/2/0
vs. Empire: 2/4/0
vs. High Elves: 0/4/0
vs. Lizardmen: 3/0/0
vs. Orcs & Goblins: 3/0/1
vs. Ogres: 1/0/0
vs. Skaven: 4/4/0
vs. Tomb Kings: 0/1/0
vs. Warriors of Chaos: 0/3/0
vs. Wood Elves: 2/1/0
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Liquidedust wrote:solid rumor based on one of the 40k radio guys telling us that it pretty much is so, also two secondary sources saying that the new white dwarf mentions asf as well. (all on warseer)

Sounds solid enough to me... that makes me especially happy as the executioners suddenly will strike on initiative (which I expected!). I am a bit concerned about pts cost now though, because DE got a lot better with that rule. Hatred should be gone now then (as I think a rumor said), and another rumors says reroll to wound with rolls of 1... the question is if that is an army wide rule like martial prowess or not.
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Omnichron wrote:Sounds solid enough to me... that makes me especially happy as the executioners suddenly will strike on initiative (which I expected!). I am a bit concerned about pts cost now though, because DE got a lot better with that rule. Hatred should be gone now then (as I think a rumor said), and another rumors says reroll to wound with rolls of 1... the question is if that is an army wide rule like martial prowess or not.

Amen brother. Looking forward to Execs with ASF but I'm worried what that might do to the points cost. At the same time, White Lions are only 13 pts still...
islands
Warrior

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by islands »

Witch elves with ASF would be really good. That way they could actually do some damage in following rounds of combat, not just the first ;)
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Having Executioners without needing to take a squishy Hag Bsb is awesome! Guess we'll be seeing Execs in every list now like the HE Frost Phoenix.
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Sounds solid enough to me... that makes me especially happy as the executioners suddenly will strike on initiative (which I expected!). I am a bit concerned about pts cost now though, because DE got a lot better with that rule. Hatred should be gone now then (as I think a rumor said), and another rumors says reroll to wound with rolls of 1... the question is if that is an army wide rule like martial prowess or not.

Isn't the HE martial Prowess rule state that they ASF even if they have two handed weapons or was that the old rule?
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

Martial Prowess let's you fight with an extra rank. ASF is just now a basic rule every HE unit happens to have, no special mention in the army-wide rules section (hence no ASF-two-handers).

As for the Reroll-1s-on-wounding, this is, as long as you fight in three ranks, mathematically worse than Martial Prowess in most cases (probably not all, haven't done extensive math here), so it seems pretty likely.
Zarb
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Zarb »

Nah, Asf and ASL just cancel each other out. The old speed of asuryan rule was what made them strike first back in the old book. Martial prowress lets them support with an exstra rank. Frankly, to me it would make more sense to make that the common rule for all three elven races, so that DE would have Hatred and Martial prowress, but I can certainly live with asf instead ;)

edit: Trax beat me to it :)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Sisters of Slaughter - I'm completely undecided... removing rank bonus is nice, but if it isn't coupled with removing steadfast then it's largely useless. Rank bonus is at most 3 points so if you need to break a large unit, doing those 3 points in wounds is far more beneficial than removing 3 points of rank bonus (as it speeds up removal of steadfast.
Hydrae with no regen - I'm surprised, but not really. It all depends on how the head regrowth mechanic will work. How does the slaan discipline work anyone knows?
Kharibdyss! - this reroll successful LD checks will be amazing! Just imagine how many times someone just failed their steadfast test only to re-roll it with BSB? No more! Or outside of BSB range an extra chance of breaking those steadfast thing? Amazing! It might replace hydrae... Depends on comparison of points and stats.
Signature spells - I fully expected two signatures... but taking a wound with no saves of any kind when you generate 3 dice? painful! I hope soulstealer remains to regain lost wounds in this case or our magic will be very, very deadly... to us.
ASF - expected
Murderous Prowess - hmm, Execs re-rolling to wound? so on 2+, re-rolling 1s? :evil:
+1 to cast - not a surprise but I expected something other than HE have... I guess they took our ability anyway.

Overall I'm happy an excited, can't wait!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

ASF and murderous prowess seem to benefit Exes the most.
As espected......
Now they just need 2A profile (just like SM have) to become the most broken unit in the game!

Hydra has an ugly and dumb model, and it has been probably nerfed.
No regen, no breath weapon (upgrade with str 4) and no hatred anymore (and no ASF I think).

Sisters of slaughter could be the most useless unit in our armybook, even if they seem equipped with flails.
Let's hope they have some other special rule we are unaware of (unbreakable!?), cause they look awesome.
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Ming wrote:Sisters of slaughter could be the most useless unit in our armybook, even if they seem equipped with flails.
Let's hope they have some other special rule we are unaware of (unbreakable!?), cause they look awesome.

Lets leave the pessimism at the door. Rules aren't confirmed one way or the next, no matter how solid the origins. Claiming that the SoS are the most useless unit in a book that has yet to hit the shelves is worthy of some serious LOL's. Thanks for brightening the day.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Fully support xFallenx on LOL-ling at whoever knows any unit to be crappy just by the hint of a rule, without knowing what other rules they have and what pts they cost.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I agree, they have unusual equipment (there are no whips in the rulebook, and the shields they have look deadly enough to be a weapon as well) and a unique special rule. They may end up competing with better rare choices though, that's always a problem.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

Dalamar wrote:Hydrae with no regen - I'm surprised, but not really. It all depends on how the head regrowth mechanic will work. How does the slaan discipline work anyone knows?

If the model is alive at the end of any friendly magic phase, roll a number of D6 equal to the difference between the Slann Mage-Priests staring number of Wound and its current number of Wounds. For each roll of a 6, the Slann Mage-Priest immediatly recovers a single Wound lost earlier in the battle.

If the Hydra regrowth is exactly the same, the wounds need to be at least 6 to make it worth while, I guess. With 5 wounds it will hardly recover any and probably die in combat quite early if there are no other forms of protection.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Helle wrote:
Dalamar wrote:Hydrae with no regen - I'm surprised, but not really. It all depends on how the head regrowth mechanic will work. How does the slaan discipline work anyone knows?

If the model is alive at the end of any friendly magic phase, roll a number of D6 equal to the difference between the Slann Mage-Priests staring number of Wound and its current number of Wounds. For each roll of a 6, the Slann Mage-Priest immediatly recovers a single Wound lost earlier in the battle.

If the Hydra regrowth is exactly the same, the wounds need to be at least 6 to make it worth while, I guess. With 5 wounds it will hardly recover any and probably die in combat quite early if there are no other forms of protection.

Thanks Helle. Very interesting. 6+ wounds could get a little expensive point wise... either way I'll be giving it a whirl. I just need something to cover keep the shooting in check....16 DR's HO!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

interesting rules.
not too fond of the thought of a sig spell having 33% chans of wounding me. +1 str can ve usefull but its nothing you cast alot since the risk of wounds.

thrillled over many rares and the wagons!!!!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

For me the scourge runner excites me the most. I can see it working as a mobile hard hitting chaff clearer (that is if they have just whacked a bolt thrower on a chariot and continues to fire multiple shots). Depending on the price I think they'd be an excellent addition to a mobile force.

If our army wide special rule turns out to be the re-rolls to wounds of a 1 combined with asf, dark elves will be absolute butchers in close combat. We will see an explosion of executioner themed lists. My lord toting the giants blade is really looking forward to chopping stuff up.

But all hypothetical until the book is out.
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

I'm not sold on the Scourgerunner yet.

Paradoxically the mounted Spearguns/Chukkaz/w/e get even worse when mounted on a chariot (since you want to move about and thus incur the -1 shooting penalty for moving), whilst the mounted cannons just get better without any drawback. As if cannons needed even more advantages over bolt throwers.

And it remains yet to be seen if the bolt thrower on the runner can even shoot multiple bolts - I doubt that and a single bolt hitting on 4+ (mostly) is... well, crap.
Last edited by Trax on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.