New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cobra
Corsair

Re: New DE armybook rumours summary

Post by Cobra »

Have any idea about what those rules are supposed to do?
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

Masters poisons Hopefully means we poison on a 5+ instead of a 6, or we can have poisoned shooting attacks also. Would be Amazing
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Just had this pop on my facebook feed (translation is clearly garbage so I'll try to use my DE experience :P)

October 4
September 27th (pre-orders)
- This fits the schedule, pre-orders open last saturday of September, release first Saturday of October (even though the dates are Fridays)

And the models who claim to have seen flying are:

- Box Hydra / Kar Karond Beast (depths flying) [Multikit to build two types of hydration and the Beast
We've been hearing rumors of a new monster since they first cropped up. For me it looks like we're getting a multi-kit box with the following option:
Hydra - looks like multiple hydra options (maybe back to 6th ed bonus hydra rules? those were fun)
Sea Drake - Why the hell not? "Depths flying" sounds to me like it will have both Sea Creature and Flying rules.

- Box of 10 Witch Elves / Multikit unique troop
Witch Elves and a new kit? unique troop? I don't know about this. It seems like the rumor of multikit harpy/witch elves might be true.

- Box 10 Executioners / Black Guard Multikit
Ugh, it seems a thing now... these two units are so different in terms of armor I don't know what to think about new box. I'm glad I have enough old ones.

- Safety Cauldron of Blood / Altar ...
This one I've already heard about and my theory is that this will be the rumored oversized base unit (because I don't think they will make Hydra that big but it could be). Huge Cauldron of Blood and and option to build it as a statue of khaine that has different passive benefits (cauldron for defensive, statue for offensive)

- Blister Priestess of Khaine
Death Hag hero

- Blister Murderer (Shadowblade)
New Shadowblade (obviously)

- Blister Dark Fleet Admiral
Proper Corsair hero (so it's not just Lokhir)

- King of the Executioners Blister
And long awaited execs hero to join them instead of death hags.

Rules:
- Dark Magic up characteristics oriented characters, transformations and recovery spells 5th edition.
I don't remember 5th edition Dark Magic spells but I remember they were deadly and powerful (Arnizipal's Black Horror chief amongst them so we can expect a nice boost to our magic)

- Dagger of sacrifices there and synergy with the Cauldron of Blood in units (Skaven bell type.) (It is said that only power dice 4 + and one per phase)
Already heard this one. Kill a model for a new PD on 4+... Once per phase would mean it better stay cheap.

- Fleet Admiral dark. A kind of hero who can join LV apparently endowments and improve shooting skills from other units. (Becomes his cousin sea helmet AE)
I figured AE is HE in whatever language the original was... LV I can't figure out.

- The Vergudos oriented creatures with more than one wound and mean strengths.
Verdugos? What language is this, does anyone know? I like the sound of more than one wound. MI? MC?

- Revamp of Murderers and more important. Cheaper and the terror of the enemy characters.
Assassins finally able to do what Assassins are made for? That would be awesome.

- The whole army is oriented based damage poisons, multiple wounds and attacks (lethal blows) and ...
Mmmm more poison :D I like the idea of Dark Elves getting more destructive, it fits my perception of each of the elven races strengths. DE - Offense, HE - Defense, WE - Guerrilla. Multi wounds attacks... Execs used to do D3 wounds instead of KB a while back... I'd like that (they'd slaughter monstrous units)

- Malekith more powerful than Teclis.
I'll believe it when I see it. He was never more powerful than Teclis, not even in 5th

- Monster of the deep-Kar Karond more powerful than the Hydra
Sea Drake? Well, if it's flying it already puts it above the Hydra, if it's at least as resilient it will be awesome. Monster Mash here I come!

- The weight of the book lies Karond units Kar, Hag Graef and Clar Karond
So Monsters+Temple of Khaine+Corsairs as a focus.

The rumor Cruddace dark book makes is very vague and is taken from faeit 212 and heard that the author of the book is the same as AE
??? Only think I can figure out from this sentence is that the author is same as HE book (Matt Ward was it?)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Golan
Warrior

Post by Golan »

Dalamar, I have made some research and it seems that:
LV = Lanzavirotes = Bolt Thrower

//edit:
it is spanish, if somebody know this language (I belive some do, as a second language for ppl in usa) please make proper translation from last post:
http://www.marcusbeli.es/ElBaluarte/vie ... 46&t=22128

//edit2:
Los Vergudos orientados a criaturas con más de una herida y resistencias medias.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verdugo

so it seems it means something like this:
The Executioners oriented creatures with more than one wound and medium resistance.
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Will warlocks cast spells, or produce PD? Will they ne mounted pink horrors?
Interesting unit.

Let's see if rumours are true
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Not wanting to spoil the fun, but you might better not let you drag too much from rumours to speculations.
A couple more weeks to wait, and we will discover pleasant surprises, but also be disappointed by other unexpected changes.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kzar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kzar »

What kind of weapons do you think warlocks will have? I would like something more unconventional such as great weapons, because frenzied dark riders wouldn't be that much of a difference imo.
Fallenturtle
Shade

Post by Fallenturtle »

Kzar wrote:What kind of weapons do you think warlocks will have? I would like something more unconventional such as great weapons, because frenzied dark riders wouldn't be that much of a difference imo.

from the picture the guys at 40k radio have said that they are wielding daggers. From what they are armed with it looks like unless the dagger does something magical, they will be armed with hand weapons just from pictures alone..
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If you followed the hyperlink provided by Golan, you'd read something I haven't seen before:
The new chariot crew is armed with spears and what looks to be a large crossbow or bolt thrower on the chariot.
Recalling that HE got recently a new flying RBT (Skycutter with Eagle Eye Bolt Thrower), there might be a new, mobile RBT, quite useful for corsairs.
The name being Scroungerunner, you'd expect such chariot to have room for the bounty, too! :P
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

With a name like Scroungerunner, I'm really hoping it's a translation error...

Seeing as how the current Corsairs have a rule helping them catch and enslave foes, I could see them bringing along fast, mobile units to run down fleeing units (too bad chariots are, for the most part, slower than infantry in the WHFB rules).

Would be cool if the charioteers had nets to throw over fleeing foes, but even if not, I think I have a couple from the Dark Eldar Wytches I could kitbash onto one to make it happen.
Forumite
Dark Rider

Post by Forumite »

I´m looking forward to finally getting some chariots. They´ll compliment my army well. I´ve wanted Cold One Chariots since I started WHFB again, but they have been out of print for so long. I don´t like the Corsair-themed armies in general, but a chariot drawn by elven steeds, move 9, looking forward to them.

Very interested in the Warlocks. I hope they get a bound spell.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by Calisson »

On Warseer, ChargeAndDie posted:
Kraken has 4 s7 attacks and if all hit, additional d6 s7 attacks.
Scourgerunner has s7 bolt thrower with no armor saves (fluff - they use this to hunt monsters).
Signature spell boosts strength by 1 and adds d3 power dice.
And someone mentioned army wide ASF.

He added:
This are just some rumours from my source. not wishlisting. take it with salt as always

A chariot with a lesser RBT? I like that!
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Sounds like the Kraken is the Slughterbrute's little brother...boooooooo!

And the bolt thrower in the castle wall is smaller than the one on the little chariot?! That makes absolutely no sense at all... If true, we're the anti-monsterous cav army out there but it still sounds pretty silly.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If we get an S7 bolt thrower chariot I can already hear the wails of the Asur.
7th edition army book:

Golan
Warrior

Post by Golan »

it was said that the magic will be similar to the 4th/5th ed spells (like black horror, etc.), so can somebody with memory list (or say something about or post new topic with this information to make my brain busy thinking about possibilities;p) old spells? : -)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I was trying to dig them up online but no luck. Anyone with the magic supplement for 5th can probably dig up the dhar cards. I just remember that black horror was terryfyingly devastating.
7th edition army book:

Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Arnzipal's Black Horror: Power 3, Range 4D6"; Black Horror template moves 4D6" immediately, and 4D6" in same direction each round; Models passed over must roll under S on D6 or be killed; No armor saves except magic armor; Unit taking casualties must take Panic test; Remains in play.

Blade Wind: Power 2, Range 24"; Hits first unit in path, causes 3D6-target's WS hits; Each hit does 1 Wd on 4+

Dark Hand of Destruction: Power 1; Wizard makes 1 HtH attack on model in base contact; If it hits, it does D3 wounds; No armor saves except magic armor.

Death Spasm: Power 2, Range 18"; Hits first model in path, target must roll equal or less than T on D6 or be slain; No wounds, so no armor saves, special saves, etc.; Dying model inflicts 1 hit at its S on each model in base contact. LOS

Doom Bolt: Power 2, Range 18"; Hits first model in path for D6 S5 hits; Chariots, war machines, and buildings take D6 S10 hits.

Malediction of Nagash: Power 3, Range 36"; Target unit may not move or shoot; In HtH, they are at -2WS and -2I; At start of subsequent magic phases, unit takes D3 wounds; Remains in play.

Power of Chaos: Power 1; Roll D6, 1: Caster drawn into Chaos and killed; 2-5: Caster draws 3 extra magic cards; 6: Caster draws 6 extra magic cards

The Transformation of Kadon: Power 3; Wizard may turn self into Chimera, Manitcore, Hydra, or Wyvern; May not cast spells, but may dispel; Wounds carry over; Remains in play.

Witch Flight: Power 1; Transport self anywhere, counts as charging into close combat.
Also known as Kanadian
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

quick note.
a good magic phase then was if you got IF card or 5+ Power cards.

totally forgot transformation was dark magic then.

horror and snipe spells, yes please! !!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Golan
Warrior

Post by Golan »

I was digging too but with no success by my side in case of old battle magic.

Thank You very much Killerk! : )
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Didn't magic also work in 5th that both players could cast spells in every turn? You drew magic cards (don't remember how many) ending up with some Dispel, some Power and potentially Total Power card.
Then starting with the player whose turn it was, player 1 used their power cards to cast a spell, player 2 used dispel to dispel it, then player 2 used their power cards to cast a spell and player 1 to dispel and so on... or am I completely wrong?

I think it would be a pretty good idea to allow both players to cast and dispel in the same turn. It would mean 6-dicing an uber spell would come with a risk... If you cast it, you leave your opponent with all their dice... and they can do the same thing to you.
7th edition army book:

Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Wow...that would sure balance out magic pretty darn quick!
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

More warseer:
18-09-2013, Daigar wrote:One of the resellers in my country put this price list up in their news section:
Plastic Dark Elf Warrior Box £30
PLastic Dark Riders/Warlocks £25
Plastic Blackguard/Executioners £30
Plastic Coldone Chariot/Scroungerunner £25
Plastic Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne £50
Plastic Hydra/Kraken £50
Plastic Witch Elf box £30
GW prices might be higher, since reseller usually discount their stuff, and there are alot of stuff missing (like the army book for example), so this might be just guesswork by them based on rumours.
18-09-2013, scoutbike: wrote:I spoke to a GW manager today and he said he wont know anything about the boxes officially until next week, BUT HE HAS SEEN THE DARK ELF ARMY BOOK COVER. So this is happening for sure at least. I know that's no surprise to us, but it was nice to get a confirmation.
He says the cover is very similar to the High Elf army book cover, except with a Dark Elf there instead. I didnt press him on it as to be honest, it's hardly relevant at this stage, but we know for sure this is all coming in October for sure
18-09-2013, ChargeAndDie: wrote:Some more rule rumours
Warlocks are a casting unit Ala pink horrors. Spells are leadership hex and 2d6 s5 MM. Fixed level 2 with +1 to cast with every rank. Apparently they have 4+ ward.
New type of witch hag char which has an item to give +1 attack to unit and +2 if the unit has frenzy.
Lore attribute is target takes 2d6 s1 AP hits if roll doubles while casting and 3d6 if triples are rolled.
Comments on last one wonders if it works with buff spells :killed:
Wait and see...
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Warlocks are a casting unit Ala pink horrors. Spells are leadership hex and 2d6 s5 MM. Fixed level 2 with +1 to cast with every rank. Apparently they have 4+ ward.
New type of witch hag char which has an item to give +1 attack to unit and +2 if the unit has frenzy.
Lore attribute is target takes 2d6 s1 AP hits if roll doubles while casting and 3d6 if triples are rolled.

WOW that's the first I've heard that rumor, pretty awesome. With all of the casting I really hope we have more ways to generate power dice.
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

Hopefully they are able to channel additional dice.
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

Channeling would be nice but I believe the Pink Horrors and such can't. I believe they are treated more like bound spells.