New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Scyloc
Noble

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by Scyloc »

Can someone with the book confirm, that she does indeed suffer shooting penalties for long range? Multiple shots? Moving and shooting? March and shoot?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

With book.
Medusa, be it stand-alone or on shrine, have Medusa's stare: shooting at range 12", S4, KB and multiple shots (4), resolved with opponent's I instead of E, which is a magic attack. Medusa has BS5.

Nothing says that it is immune to long range penalty, to multiple shots, to move & shoot, so we can only assume all penalties apply.
Nothing allows to march & shoot, so we can only assume it prohibits shooting.

On the other hand, medusa and their shrine are different units, so you could take in the same army 2 stand-alone medusa (which can be joined by characters) and 2 shrines (which can join units like characters).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Scyloc
Noble

Post by Scyloc »

Dammit. Any ranged weapon with range 12" should be quick to fire.

RHBs are still quick to fire, right?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Scyloc wrote:RHBs are still quick to fire, right?
RHB shoot at 12” but now have penalty for long range. Thanks to quick to fire, you can move (not double-move) and shoot with no penalty, and S&S at any distance.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

But they still have the penalty for shooting twice, and they still aren't AP right?
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Scyloc
Noble

Post by Scyloc »

correct.
Turamarth
Slave on the Altar

Post by Turamarth »

Got the book last night and after reading this thread for the past week:

I think having the CoB reroll all RBT wounds is a bit excessive, even if the crew is in a murderous rage...the machine cares not (although Khaine must have an insane BS ;) )

Medusa seems like it will be handy in situations against Ogres/trolls/low I but against HE...good luck hurting them and yes with its low LD should always be in a unit.

I thought they would nerf our magic but NOPE. I don't believe people noted Word of Pain's -3 S and I which will make Black Horror and any close combat more stacked in our favor. Take one shadow lore mage and another darkness...WoP followed by Black Horror then Pit of Shades you should be drooling even if we can't necessarily control where it will go.

Even with the loss of a lot of my favorite DE items... (sigh 45 pt banner just to get AP in main book) we definitely are still as strong as ever. In 7th we had a laughable amount of special/rare units compared to HE. Now we have loads of options! Let the slaughter begin
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

yes with its low LD should always be in a unit.

Medusa can't join units, she's not a character. On a shrine she's using Ld of the crew (8 + 1 from its own aura for 9) so it's not a problem.

Our magic is the best magic in the game, no question about it. You can get bad spell selection, but if you end up with both hexes you're golden.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Dalamar wrote:
yes with its low LD should always be in a unit.

Medusa can't join units, she's not a character. On a shrine she's using Ld of the crew (8 + 1 from its own aura for 9) so it's not a problem.
Characters can join a medusa and make a combined unit (it won't help if character is an assassin, though) - and chariots can join, too.