New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Notts
Cold One Knight

Re: New DE armybook RULES RUMOURS

Post by Notts »

The new lore is the most exciting thing in the whole release

Word of pain (wounding us on 6s? hell yeh), power of darkness and the Ld Hex all look amazing.
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Calisson wrote:Reaper bolt throwers: 45 slv, special, you can take four of them.
- S7 has been mentioned but it may be a confusion with Scroungerunner

Surely you mean 35 slv?

there are a few other things mentioned at warseer, one is that the Khainite rule is gone, but any non-khainites in Which Elves will suffer D6 S3 hits at the end of the turn (backstabbed by WE!)
Krueger1981
Trainee Warrior

Post by Krueger1981 »

On a d6 1-3 nothing 4-6 d3 s3 hits I believe it said in the rumour thread.
The 7p theory;

previous proper planning prevents piss poor performance
PoisonedBlade
Trainee Warrior

Post by PoisonedBlade »

While im not in love with the new lore, it seems decent enough. About the priestess of khaine, is it the potion that gives them the +1 attack and if so, is it a 1 shot item?
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Krueger1981 wrote:On a d6 1-3 nothing 4-6 d3 s3 hits I believe it said in the rumour thread.

Right, this is correct
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Notts wrote:The new lore is the most exciting thing in the whole release

Word of pain (wounding us on 6s? hell yeh), power of darkness and the Ld Hex all look amazing.

I'm not all impressed, it's a really good lore against some armies (other Elves, specifically), but it's quite bad against WoC/Daemons and these are likely the armies we struggle against and where we need the magic support. Currently, Life looks like the go-to lore for me. Regeneration and +2T (or even +4T) does wonders for our fragile troops, and Dwellers is not to be underestimated.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

More info provided by zhangyi on Warseer. Updated the above till 30-09-2013, 12:16.
Plenty of new, exiting stuff.

@ Setomidor thanks ofr correcting translation from pts to slv.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
PoisonedBlade
Trainee Warrior

Post by PoisonedBlade »

http://lkhero.blogspot.gr/2013/09/new-d ... -book.html somebody got the new book early. Why dont I ever get the enw stuff early. Item descriptions and rules and better pics on the stuff we have yet to really see. Sac dagger is still there :mrgreen:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ PoisonedBlade, all of this already in my compendium previous page.
Keep posting!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
PoisonedBlade
Trainee Warrior

Post by PoisonedBlade »

I posted it mainly for the better pics of next months releases. I didnt see those posted sorry
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

The Scroungerunner certainly has some possibilities. Thinking about how one could use it (or a pair of them) to pull monsters out of position, or INTO position. heheh. :)
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Dragon9 wrote:The Scroungerunner certainly has some possibilities. Thinking about how one could use it (or a pair of them) to pull monsters out of position, or INTO position. heheh. :)

You need to be reasonably sure to kill the monster with the rest of your shooting, otherwise you might just pull him close to your lines!
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

Setomidor wrote:
Dragon9 wrote:The Scroungerunner certainly has some possibilities. Thinking about how one could use it (or a pair of them) to pull monsters out of position, or INTO position. heheh. :)

You need to be reasonably sure to kill the monster with the rest of your shooting, otherwise you might just pull him close to your lines!

Well, the chariot will be maneuverable enough that you should be able to do something other than pull it closer to your lines. Pull it sideways, backwards, etc. Pulling it towards your lines would be silly. :P
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

Image Image
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

Setomidor wrote:
Notts wrote:The new lore is the most exciting thing in the whole release

I'm not all impressed, it's a really good lore against some armies (other Elves, specifically), but it's quite bad against WoC/Daemons and these are likely the armies we struggle against and where we need the magic support. Currently, Life looks like the go-to lore for me. Regeneration and +2T (or even +4T) does wonders for our fragile troops, and Dwellers is not to be underestimated.

I misread the wording on PoD which makes it not as good. Thought you could chuck the +1 strength buff anywhere.

Lore of Life is boring and broke the game, so I won’t be taking it :)
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

@Calisson; Thanks for the summary. However, could you please sort the grammar out in the text please. There's 'didn't' written numerous times when correctly it should be have or haven't. We're discussing present and future, and certainly not past events. Also, Eternal Hatred is for all enemies, and not to!

Sorry to nag, but it just makes no sense to me when the tenses are all jumbled up! !lol!

@all; Expect your local HE player to give you a poke in the nose when you see him/ her. :D
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

He just copy and pasted what the the OP wrote, who seems to not be a native English speaker.

Image Image
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It is what I did indeed.
In some cases, I did correct the spelling / grammar.
Not an English native speaker myself, and not having unlimited time, I had to compromize.
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

Correct me if I'm wrong but...
Exes with Tullaris and cauldron blessing should get 4 attacks each, right?
In initiative order, with KB, with murderous prowess and no rerolls for hatred (ok, but 4 attacks!!!)
+1A Frenzy with Tullaris and +2A for super frenzy.
Crazy!
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Setomidor wrote:
Notts wrote:Currently, Life looks like the go-to lore for me. Regeneration and +2T (or even +4T) does wonders for our fragile troops, and Dwellers is not to be underestimated.

This would be an interesting choice, and could be especially good against the hated High Elves. Dwellers would be a great way to get around the Banner of the World Dragon.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I don't care about the banner... unit carrying it gets slaughtered in combat or with shooting. Getting through PG 3++ is another matter. Maybe a nice unit of sisters of slaughter... but they have to get in combat first...
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Calisson wrote:It is what I did indeed.
In some cases, I did correct the spelling / grammar.
Not an English native speaker myself, and not having unlimited time, I had to compromise.

No worries. I really appreciate your heroic efforts.

I just get confused reading about future events in the definite past tense. !lol! Please forgive me!
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

That Scourgerunner: Damn. Its pretty weak compared to the Cold One Chariot, but D3 wounds with a 50% chance of inflicting a further wound is very tempting. I don't know if its worth the cost of 2 RBTs, though. That you can take it as a mount for a BS7 character is reall quite interesting, however.

Shades with Great Weapons at only 18 points are really tempting.

Edit: Wait, all the Core units can take 25 point magic banners? Er, Banner of Eternal Flame on Crossbows anyone?

Edit2: Noooo! RIP Lifetaker, I knew thee well.

Edit3: Holy balls this is all so good. Dark Riders with shields who are still Fast Cav; 25 point Rare Wizards (technically 125, but I digress); Razor Standard Sisters of Slaughter... My list is already writing itself, and the Rare section is looking like double Warlocks, double Sisters.

Move aside Lizards!
Last edited by Clockwork on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Pretty sure that mobile RBT is called a Scourgerunner. I think I'll be taking magic this edition, looks too good to ignore.

I think my favourite part of a new book coming out, is seeing a lot of old familiar faces-er, names and avatars in these kinds of threads. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Fr0 wrote:I think my favourite part of a new book coming out, is seeing a lot of old familiar faces-er, names and avatars in these kinds of threads. :)
Sure! :D
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Oh my god those Sisters of Slaughter. I'm only now just grasping the full implications.

With ASF they'll be hitting first. Against WS5 or lower but S4 or higher (most combat troops in the game - notably, Chaos Warriors), they'll be hitting on 2s. With re-rolls
Even against something which is WS6 and S4 (most characters; Chosen) they'll be hitting on 3s. That includes Nurgle Warriors. Again, with re-rolls o.o
Then they'll be hitting anything which is T4 on 4s. And re-rolling the 1s.
Then they can take the Razor Standard for -1 armour save.
And then they'll be hit back on 4s (thanks, WS6!) and get a 4++. Wow.

Their only real weakness is only a 6+ save at range. There may be a role with Corsairs in screening them until they get into combat.

Do we konw if the Warlock spells are bound spells? I sure hope so, as I don't fancy miscasting with them, and two units of 5 chucking 4 dice at two Doombolts or Soulblights is going to be nasty...

Edit2: What the deuce? Dark Riders with Shields and Repeater Crossbows are actually cheaper than they were with just Repeater Crossbows? Guys, we lucked out with this one.